Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

On 11/9/2021 at 5:53 PM, China said:

Ted Cruz said Texas might secede if 'things become hopeless' in the US and joked that Joe Rogan could be the state's president

Sen. Ted Cruz said Texas could secede from the US if Democrats "fundamentally destroy the country."

Cruz was speaking at an event at Texas A&M in October when an audience member asked him about his views on secession. Cruz said he wasn't "there yet" when it came to the question of whether Texas should secede but understood the sentiment behind the question.

"I think Texas has a responsibility to the country, and I'm not ready to give up on America," Cruz said. "I love this country."

After going on to further praise Texas, he added: "If the Democrats end the filibuster, if they fundamentally destroy the country, if they pack the Supreme Court, if they make DC a state, if they federalize elections and massively expand voter fraud, there may come a point where it's hopeless.

"We're not there yet, and if there comes a point where it's hopeless, then I think we take NASA, we take the military, we take the oil," he continued, prompting applause.

Cruz also joked that the conservative podcaster Joe Rogan could be the president of Texas if it were to become independent from the US. Cruz didn't elaborate on the suggestion, but the podcast host owns a multimillion-dollar property in Austin, and, in July 2020, when Rogan's move to Texas was announced, Cruz extended a warm welcome on Twitter.

Click on the link for the full story

Texas Gets One Step Closer to Leaving US

Advocates for Texas' secession from the United States believe they are on the verge of scoring a crucial victory.

The Texas Republican Party's executive committee is set to vote over the weekend on which ballot propositions voters will decide during the Republican primary elections in March 2024. One measure would ask Republican voters, "Should the State of Texas reassert its status as an independent nation?"

Ahead of the vote, the Texas Nationalist Movement, an organization that supports Texas' independence from the U.S., warned the GOP they have enough signatures to force a vote on the question of whether they support secession.

Texas nationalists have for years pushed for a referendum on Texas secession, despite the fact there is no provision for a state to secede in the U.S. Constitution. The state seceded from Mexico in 1836 and spent nine years as its own nation before becoming a U.S. state. It also seceded from the Union in 1861 before being readmitted following the end of the Civil War in 1870.

"In June of this year, our organization launched a petition campaign under the Texas Election Code 172.088. This section of the Election Code allows voters, by petition, to place a question on a party's primary ballot. In short, by collecting 97,709 signatures and submitting them by the filing deadline on December 11, 2023, we could actually bypass the SREC's ballot proposition process and compel the party to place the question on the ballot," the letter reads.

If the question makes the primary ballot and passes, it would not be legally binding nor would it mean Texas is actually seceding from the U.S. Still, it would be a key victory for secession advocates, who critics view as a fringe belief that would face significant hurdles in a general election.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

Secession, another helpful outcome for our foriegn enemies. They can't beat us so they just propaganda the U.S. from the inside, sending us on our way to oblivion. Sun Tzu was right. These secession knuckleheads don't realize getting what they want would make them weaker on the international stage.

What would actually happen to a state that seceded? Would the federal government remove and reassign all active duty military and shut down bases and installations? Would all federal money stop going in?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Secession, another helpful outcome for our foriegn enemies. They can't beat us so they just propaganda the U.S. from the inside, sending us on our way to oblivion. Sun Tzu was right. These secession knuckleheads don't realize getting what they want would make them weaker on the international stage.

What would actually happen to a state that seceded? Would the federal government remove and reassign all active duty military and shut down bases and installations? Would all federal money stop going in?

Not to mention all the businesses in the big blue cities that pull out while the independent state of Texas' GDP drops to 0.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Not to mention all the businesses in the big blue cities that pull out while the independent state of Texas' GDP drops to 0.

Yeah that would happen too.

I imagine Texas would very much mirror the Mad Max franchise in film order.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

I'm for it. 

Remove every dollar of federal money, all military, and all federally funded jobs, including subsidies paid to companies.
Let them have it. Offer asylum for those wanting to leave for a time, then Texit. 
If they get out of line, send a couple F-22s to level the statehouse and some drones to take out Abbott and the rest of them.

Let's go.  I'm sick of the non-stop **** around, I'm ready for the "Find out" phase.

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

They're not going to secede. 

The measure is not binding. And even if it "wins", all it says is that a majority of - the kinds of people who vote in Texas' Republican Primary, think that voting for this would be a hoot. 

Probably increase turnout in the primary. Among people who think voting for this would be a hoot. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, Bang said:

I'm for it. 

Remove every dollar of federal money, all military, and all federally funded jobs, including subsidies paid to companies.
Let them have it. Offer asylum for those wanting to leave for a time, then Texit. 
If they get out of line, send a couple F-22s to level the statehouse and some drones to take out Abbott and the rest of them.

Let's go.  I'm sick of the non-stop **** around, I'm ready for the "Find out" phase.

~Bang

Just give me time to move to a Blue state. I'd be willing to give up my family if they won't move with me. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

If a vote comes up for seceding from Texas and I am offered asylum in the States, I’m voting this state out. Screw em. Bunch of non voting ignorant dumbasses here. I’ll joyfully watch the ex-state implode from within the United States. Then the states can invade and take back over the oil. As Trump said about Syria and leaving the Kurds behind, paraphrasing “we’re doing the important thing by protecting the oil.”

• Like 1

Bitter divisions in the Michigan Republican Party widened Saturday as critics of Chair Kristina Karamo boycotted a virtual state meeting and used an alternative in-person gathering to organize for her ouster. 

The split meant Karamo did not have a "quorum" needed to conduct official state party business — and shows she can no longer effectively lead the party, argued Macomb County Chair Mark Forton, her onetime ally. 

“Today is another example,” Forton said, arguing that Karamo and her supporters hosted a virtual meeting “they could control” in order to quell dissent. 

“They’re terrified to step in front of these people,” he added.  

Karamo, an election denier who refused to concede her 2022 election loss to Democratic Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, took over the state party in February with plans to woo small donors rather than relying on what she calls the “millionaire/billionaire class political-establishment operatives.”

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2023 at 8:22 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Cheney: Johnson is a ‘collaborator’ in effort to overturn 2020 election

Former Rep. Liz Cheney on Saturday called Speaker Mike Johnson a “collaborator” in former President Donald Trump’s attempt to overthrow the 2020 election.

In an excerpted interview posted to social media, CBS’ John Dickerson asked Cheney: “The speaker of the House is a collaborator to overthrow the last election?”

“Absolutely,” she said.

“If you look at what Donald Trump is trying to do, he can’t do it by himself. He has to have collaborators. And the story of Mike Johnson is a story of a collaborator,” Cheney said.

In 2021, as Congress prepared to certify the election results, Johnson urged his colleagues to join him in opposing the results. He was a key voice in shaping the legal arguments denying the results of the 2020 election, and led efforts in Congress to support a Texas lawsuit that sought to invalidate the election results of four other states.

Click on the link for the full article

Texas GOP executive committee rejects proposed ban on associating with Nazi sympathizers

Two months after a prominent conservative activist and fundraiser was caught hosting white supremacist Nick Fuentes, leaders of the Republican Party of Texas voted against barring the party from associating with Nazi sympathizers and Holocaust deniers.

In a 32-29 vote on Saturday, members of the Texas GOP’s executive committee stripped a pro-Israel resolution of a clause that would have included the ban— delivering a major blow to a faction that has called for the party to confront its ties to groups that have recently employed, elevated or associated with outspoken white supremacists or antisemitic figures.

Click on the link for the full story

• Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It all sounds cute letting Texas leave, but bigger picture would be other states trying to do the same.

It's not worth it, ***** slap them if they get serious, its all talk because they know that's what the fed would do if they actually tried...

When Texas became a state the feds had to agree to two unique stipulations.  1. There would be no federal public land, it's almost all private.  2. They would have the right to subdivide into 4 additional states.  

I find 2 far more terrifying than them seceding.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

When Texas became a state the feds had to agree to two unique stipulations.  1. There would be no federal public land, it's almost all private.  2. They would have the right to subdivide into 4 additional states.  

I find 2 far more terrifying than them seceding.

A world with for Texaseses? Or is the plural Texi?

c50a254e-46f0-4bb8-a6cb-57c74573086a_tex

• Haha 1