Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Should somebody sue them, for violating "Don't Say Gay"?

I mean, I think the law was intentionally written so that it only took one Karen offended parent to sue. And intentionally vague about what could be prosecuted. 

I don't think it applies here but I sure as **** wish someone would lol...

• Thumb up 1

Ok, I never heard about this until just now lol...

Texas GOP Sues Its Lawyer Over Embarrassing Failed Election Challenges

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-gop-sues-lawyer-over-054235082.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04

"The Republican Party of Texas is suing a lawyer for allegedly tricking its members—including 17 candidates actively running for election—into believing that the 2022 general election in Harris County was rigged against the GOP. According to The Houston Chronicle, Elizabeth Alvarez is accused by the party of lying about the existence of a “data model” which would prove that a shortage of paper ballots in the county was deliberately engineered to target Republican voters—despite the fact that such a model apparently never existed."

Admitting that you were fooled into believing an election was rigged when it really wasn't is not a good look for the GOP lol...not only that, but they apparently used this same liar to help them with other election issues:

"She was later tapped to help write a recently passed Texas election reform law."

I'm trying to figure out if saying this to voters is a smart move: "Well, no, the election we told you was rigged actually wasn't rigged, we were fooled into believing it was and then presented that lie to you as if it were fact. But this OTHER election we said was also stolen? That one really was stolen, trust us. Because it was a different person telling us that it was, not that one person who lied to us."

• Haha 1

Just pointing out. I'm pretty sure that suing your lawyer and claiming that the lawyer told you the election was stolen, allows both sides to produce all of their communications between each other, in court. 

Are you sure you've thought that through?  

• Haha 3

That’s the reason Jack Smith called Trump’s bluff and made him declare whether he was good to use an “advice of counsel” defense, becoming that would mean the prosecution would get the lawyers’ communications as part of discovery.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

10 hours ago, China said:

That’s the reason Jack Smith called Trump’s bluff and made him declare whether he was good to use an “advice of counsel” defense, becoming that would mean the prosecution would get the lawyers’ communications as part of discovery.

Plus it's an unusual defense of putting the blame on someone who professionally is part of the court and is supposed to be a truthful person. It's why defense attorneys don't ask if their client is guilty because if the client happens to testify and declares innocence, the lawyer can't suborn perjury or that's a crime. 

Trump ****ed up, not the first time nor the last.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Wisconsin university regents reject deal with Republicans to reduce diversity positions

Universities of Wisconsin regents narrowly rejected a deal Saturday reached with Republicans that would have given employees a pay raise and paid for construction of a new engineering building in exchange for reductions in staff positions focused on diversity, equity and inclusion.

The regents voted 9-8 during an emergency meeting to reject the deal reached Friday after being brokered by Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos.

"I don’t like this precedent,” Regent Dana Wachs said during the meeting. “We need to make this a welcoming environment.”

The vote was immediately panned by leaders of the Assembly Republican caucus.

Click on the link for the full article 

• Thanks 1

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/11/vivek-ramaswamy-urinating-twitter-x-elon-musk-alex-jones 

The conversation reportedly had more than 100,000 listeners at the time in question, and 2.3 million tuned in at some point.

Ramaswamy was in the midst of describing how he is “super pro-human – and I mean all humans. Uh, you know, humans in America” – when the sound of trickling water spurred another participant to cut him off.

“Vivek, Vivek, that’s your phone, Vivek,” the participant said. “I’m not able to mute you.”

“Sorry about that,” Ramaswamy said.

After a pause, Musk said, “Well, I hope you feel better now.”

“I feel great, thank you,” Ramaswamy said, laughing.

:ols: 

• Haha 2