Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you do for a living???

Renegade7

What do you do for a living?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do for a living? (Check even if self-employed)

• Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
    • Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
    • Architecture and Construction
    • Business Management and Administration
    • Education and Training
    • Finance
    • Government and Public Administration
    • Health Science
    • Human Services
    • Information Technology
    • Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
    • Manufacturing
    • Marketing, Sales and Service
    • Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
    • Transportation, Distribution and Logistics

15 Years in different types of  commercial construction from carpenter to assistant superintendent followed by 20 yrs with a Maryland school system maintenance/ planning estimating dept. Had a accident at work and was retired with disability. Now I just do a lot of this

:kickcan:

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Currently waiting on a start date for an already agreed formal contract offer with the British equivalent of the IRS. 

I hate myself too. :( .

Hail. 

Always had a laugh when an envelope from 'HM Revenue' would arrive with the tag line "On Her Majesty's Service".

You're the ****ing taxman. You're not James Bond.

1200px-Official_Paid_Scan.jpg

9 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I got a couple Ds that year (9th grade)...we watched Carl Sagan's Cosmos every Friday...ok, I slept alot...

Having a history nut as a husband has expanded my interest.:ols:

You slept through Carl Sagan?  You have brought shame upon yourself.

35 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

QA for a contractor...aircraft bells and whistles for our military. Playing around on airplanes and helicopters is like being a kid again :)

With who may I ask?  I'll be looking in a few years when I retire.  Also, do most places require an A&P if you have 20+ years military experience?

Social worker for a prominent non-profit organization. Not like a licensed social worker but someone who works with people from disadvantaged communities every day.

I've been working with kids ever since I graduated college in 2004. Sort of burnt out on it. Wanna switch fields but I'm scared if I'm being honest. Not sure who would hire me or if I'd be any good.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Social worker for a prominent non-profit organization. Not like a licensed social worker but someone who works with people from disadvantaged communities every day.

I've been working with kids ever since I graduated college in 2004. Sort of burnt out on it. Wanna switch fields but I'm scared if I'm being honest. Not sure who would hire me or if I'd be any good.

Do you know which field you want to move in to?  Have an eye on a few?  I worked with kids back in the day, and felt the same way you did.  Summer day camp at the park.  Crazy mofo kids.  Shid.  Nah dawg.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Do you know which field you want to move in to?  Have an eye on a few?  I worked with kids back in the day, and felt the same way you did.  Summer day camp ****, at the park.  100 degrees, crazy mofo kids.  Shid.  Nah dawg.

Well, my other passion is the environment and animals. So perhaps something involving environmental policy? I dunno....I was interested in journalism when I was in college but never pursued it. Not sure I have the skills to write columns and stories every day. Honestly I'm pretty open. I'd work for any private company. But I am definitely leaning towards something to help the planet.

I love kids and I have enjoyed helping those underprivileged but just wanna switch it up. I've helped people long enough haha, almost to the point of becoming cynical. Time to focus on something else.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Well, my other passion is the environment and animals. So perhaps something involving environmental policy? I dunno....I was interested in journalism when I was in college but never pursued it. Not sure I have the skills to write columns and stories every day. Honestly I'm pretty open. I'd work for any private company. But I am definitely leaning towards something to help the planet.

I love kids and I have enjoyed helping those underprivileged but just wanna switch it up. I've helped people long enough haha, almost to the point of becoming cynical. Time to focus on something else.

I know our practice manager makes a good penny.  Me?  I'm not making as much as a social worker, and experience has brought me to where I am.  I don't know, good with accounting/managing?

Day job: Art Director and marketing guru for an international company that designs equipment for Big Beverage (Coke, Pepsi, SABMiller, etc). 

Passion job: I feel very lucky to get paid to coach soccer. Constantly thinking about how to improve my coaching game, finding ways to better teach sport lessons and the underlying life lessons. 

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

: )

Hey, I know you're in IT, but are you on the programming side of the house or Sys Admin?

I've been mostly software side in the professional world, but I studied Engineering so designing hardware would also be in the scope of work I'd potentially do.

On 5/3/2017 at 3:37 PM, skinny21 said:

Ooh, I'd love your input on this one then... heard a piece on NPR a while back about  the changes in the brain function of lab mice (rats?) when older ones were injected with younger mouse blood (and vice versa).  Started getting images of old, rich ****ers taking blood from kids.  

So the scientist who did the initial study that showed promise, did a follow up that was limited to just blood transfusions (the first one wasn't). They didn't see any improvement in brain functioning of older mice when transfused with blood from younger animals. They only saw minor improvements in muscle functioning. On the other hand, they found that treating younger mice with blood from older ones made the younger animals significantly weaker. So something in old blood likely has a detrimental effect on bodily functioning.

There's a start up that is conducting clinical trials on this with humans. I am really skeptical that it will produce any meaningful results. A more useful follow up would be to actually identify what chemical agents in older blood have a potentially degenerative effect and finding a way to target and limit their concentrations.

Archived