Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Fabian Moreau CB UCLA

PCS

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is my meh pick so far, but I'll be honest, outside of FS, TE and anything in the front 7, would feel the same for me.

Third round is rarely our strongest. Cheers to at least 2 4rths though.

My brother, Fabian Moreau is far from a meh pick, in my opinion.  He will be a starting corner for us sooner than later.  Unbelievable talent. Frankly I cant believe he fell to us (reoccurring theme for 2 of our 1st three picks). Recruited as a RB at UCLA and still learning the position.  Who better to learn under than Josh Norman?  He is one of the most elite athletes in the entire draft.  ELATED with this pick.  Would have gone in the 1st round.  Hail

"I was one of Fabians coaches in high school and I want to let you guys know that you are getting an amazing young man. Not only does he have Elite Physical tools but his work ethic is second-to-none. He used to stay after practice and run a mile everyday to get extra conditioning. he's obsessed with being great at his craft. You guys got a steal in the third round. He was projected to go low first or High second. looks like I'm going to be a Redskins fan for a long time."

6 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I dont know anything about the guy, but its interesting to see pundits so far say "1st rounder" about the 3 guys weve taken so far.

Anderson's far more a 2/3 talent all things being equal given he relies more on his physical, non-stop hustle than any stand out athletic skill. But the other two most assuredly are bona fide first rounder talents. And top 5 when it comes to Allen. 

Best Redskins draft to this point in living memory. 

Hail. 

Welcome to the team Fab, show us whatchu got!

TBH I didn't really know this one (not being one of the obsessive draft types that are so well represented here) so I'm playing catchup on this pick. Like his look, he's not one of those skinny/lanky types, the kid looks solid, seemingly impressive speed and range for how solid his build is. Gimme some o'that, doesn't matter if you catch a WR if you can't rope-n-rassle his azz. Some outstanding feedback on his smarts and character as well, coaches don't mention work ethic if it isn't a plus, comes off good in interviews as well spoken and thoughtful, I'll always pick smart as a necessary quality.

So far I amped about this draft, coming off far better than I expected, looking forward to today, along with some of the forgotten that will get their chance to shine this year (Spaight, Daniels). Young talent in the ranks, what a change from those days not so long ago when it was all a tough crust of starters with little behind them.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Imagine if Breeland and Dunbar bounce back into shape after a year of regression and if Fuller and Moreau could reach their potential. Comboed with Norman, we would have a truly great secondary. 

This is exactly why I really like this pick. There is no guarantee what so ever that these guys return to their former play and Fuller has proven absolutely nothing.  Life in the NFL sucks with crappy corners and they just found a 6 foot guy with 4.35 speed who had a 2nd round grade in the middle of round 3. There is no question to me that this was a need position, and one much more difficult to fill than RB,.  What's to complain about? 

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Imagine if Breeland and Dunbar bounce back into shape after a year of regression and if Fuller and Moreau could reach their potential. Comboed with Norman, we would have a truly great secondary. 

. . . after (correctly) spending our first two picks in the front 7. :)

(Pass me some more of that Kool Aid, will ya?)  

11 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

They say 5 months so look for him to be ready to go full speed end of August.  But that is ok, we have Fuller, Breeland and Dunbar so the kid can easy his way in to shape and also learn.  I absolute LOVE this pick, it will pay IMO HUGE dividend in a year or two.  If things work out we could have 4 young CBs that will make our secondary in a year or two super solid.

Agree.  Pec tears get surgery.  There's a lot of scar tissue that develops and normally results in an altered looking pec muscle permanently.  These almost never have an issue fully healing (no worries there).  The rehab is extremely important as you must work past the scar tissue and rebuild the natural lines of the smooth muscle.  Tends to be a rehab with lots of massage and stretching to pain tolerance.  In the situation as a CB, definitely requires 100% healing of the affected area before any tackling exercises.  The reaching and impact of an arm tackle can cause the tear.  Depending on the event that initiated the injury, that specific activity needs to be avoided.  It's very easy to rebuild Pec muscles post rehab and the recovery time is in the healing.  

40 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I would add best Philly fans trolling from FLETCH ! Priceless :rofl89:

lol...London lookin good!...probably our third best pick up in Skins history, after Sonny n' Riggo...love his "Hail to the Redskins"...sounded to me like "Suck it Philly"...lol Hail to Fletch and HTTR!!!

/Suck it Philly

I have a really really good feeling about this pick. He started late learning to be a CB and has gotten better each year since. Great on special teams also, prototype CB size/speed/strength.

He needs to grab Josh Norman's shirt tail and follow him everywhere, if he can learn 50% of what Norman does to be a pro, Fabian is going to be a nightmare to throw against.

So psyched.

Really nice pick up. CB is a question mark, and this guy could really be an answer. Big, physical and very fast. And, we have a great teacher to help him. One of then shifts I noticed this off season was a movement towards teachers. I don't think we really emphasized that nearly as much in the past, and I think it's hurt development of our younger players. Maybe this is going to turn this turned around. Get better Fabian!

Archived