Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Spoiler: they’re all Russian spies 

It’s one thing to let a government official in, it’s quite another to let someone in who was illegally funneling money into the NRA that was then given to the GOP. And now she’s been arrested for being a spy. Trump invited a Red Sparrow into the Oval. 

I wonder if that pee tape involves a red sparrow or two!

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

That NRA donor thing is about as transparent as it gets. I'm honestly surprised they have the balls to make that move. Why else would they do that?

What exactly makes you think that there is a single Republican in Washington who has any shame whatsoever?  

They're becoming like TV show villains.  "We would have got away with it, if it weren't for you meddlesome kids!"  

So we have Ryan announcing that the problem, here, is that the IC has too much power, and the IRS deciding that political money laundering agents need more privacy.  

Edited by Larry
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Trump let a damned Russian spy into the White House and into the Oval Office!!!

You might be forgetting.  He then gave them the identity of an Israeli informant within ISIS, so he could boast about what sensitive intel he gets, now.  (It was probably the most important piece of classified information he could think of, at the time.)  

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

You might be forgetting.  He then gave them the identity of an Israeli informant within ISIS, so he could boast about what sensitive intel he gets, now.  (It was probably the most important piece of classified information he could think of, at the time.)  

But Hillary’s emails...

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, visionary said:

So I thought I'd tune in to Fox & Fiends this morning for a few minutes to watch their take on recent events..  And it was simply surreal.  The first thing I saw was Steve Doocey articulating, almost verbatim, the talking points above.  It struck me because I remember seeing the post above yesterday and it was weird hearing it read back to me on TV. 

So Fox News is indeed a propaganda arm of the Trump White House.

Then the three hosts alternated between acknowledging the firestorm created and talking DIRECTLY TO THE PRESIDENT about what he needs to do to "fix" this "mistake."  Not 'the President needs to" do x, y, and z, or even "Mr. Trump needs to" do x, y, and z.  They spoke directly to him, as if they were a coaching video he was watching.  "You still have the chance to correct this."  "You need to" do x, y, and z.

So those three morning hosts directly coach Trump on how to handle the day's events.

I've heard evidence of both those things before.  It was just weird seeing it so blatantly, so openly, in real time.

~~~

Grammar spoiler:

Spoiler

Yeah, that was a deliberate misspelling of the Fox morning show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok - it looks like that photo from the White House isn’t actually Butina.  It’s a NSC staffer who sure looks like her, but who did have a legit reason to be there.  Still, it is definitely Lavrov.  And Trump.  

• Thanks 1

The "missing server" Trump cried about in Helsinki isn't a "server." And it isn't "missing":

Donald Trump turns to right-wing conspiracy theories when he’s cornered, and he was cornered on Monday. Standing feet away from Vladimir Putin at a press conference following their Helsinki tete-a-tete, a reporter challenged Trump to condemn Putin for Russia’s election interference, “in front of the world.”Instead, the world watched as the President of the United States took Putin’s side against his own Justice Department and his own intelligence agencies, and launched into a rambling discourse about Hillary Clinton’s emails and a supposedly missing DNC server that hides the truth about Putin’s innocence.

“You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server. Why didn’t they take the server? Where is the server, I want to know, and what is the server saying?”

The server is saying shut up.

The “server” Trump is obsessed with is actually 140 servers, most of them cloud-based, which the DNC was forced to decommission in June of 2016 while trying to rid its network of the Russian GRU officers working to help Trump win the election, according to the figures in the DNC’s civil lawsuit against Russia and the Trump campaign. Another 180 desktop and laptop computers were also swapped out as the DNC raced to get the organization back on its feet and free of Putin’s surveillance.

But despite Trump’s repeated feverish claims to the contrary, no machines are actually missing.

More:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-missing-dnc-server-is-neither-missing-nor-a-server

Edited by Dan T.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

So I thought I'd tune in to Fox & Fiends this morning for a few minutes to watch their take on recent events..  And it was simply surreal.  The first thing I saw was Steve Doocey articulating, almost verbatim, the talking points above.  It struck me because I remember seeing the post above yesterday and it was weird hearing it read back to me on TV. 

It was exposed a long time ago that talking points memos go out to the majority of right wing hosts and media outlets.  That is why almost every single radio show, tv show pundit, etc etc....all have the same opinion just about word for word.  It is about messaging.  It is about repeating the same thing over and over which is why when you talk to a lot of right wing opinionated people they come off like parrots instead of people with independent thoughts & opinions.  Now this of course is not true for everyone because plenty of people on both sides of the aisle don't listen to much political news outside of your basic news hour programming, however the people who listen to the noise machines are pretty much spoon fed the talking points directly from the hosts, who are fed their opinions from think tanks who come up with the memo listed in your post. 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

The "missing server" Trump cried about in Helsinki isn't a "server." And it isn't "missing":

The server is saying shut up.

More:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-missing-dnc-server-is-neither-missing-nor-a-server

Yet despite the *facts* I bet Trump has thrown a new "catch phrase" to his adoring cult and you will see these people repeating "where is the server?" over and over.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

He might be referring to Clinton's server that she used when Sec. of State.

Who Trump yesterday? That's exactly what Trump was referring to, as if that ANYTHING to do with the Russian DNC hack.

Like someone said yesterday. There have ALWAYS been two questions surrounding the entire Russian Campaign meddling; 

1) What the Russians did.

2) What Trump knew and did.

Trump is unable to differentiate between the two, I firmly believe that is because one answers the other which is what Trump is afraid of.

2 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

What the hell?!?!?!

Secret meetings are the best.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

What the hell?!?!?!

Art of the Deal getting butt****ed by Putin.

But let's be honest, what difference does it make?  Trump is terrified of Putin.  Look at the body language.  Whatever Putin is gonna do, he probably could have done it anyway.

Really the only possible difference I see is Putin trying to rope the GOP into being complicit. 

That is to say, if Putin invades, say, Finland, on his own without a summit, Trump may be cool with it but the GOP in Congress might actually push back.

Alternatively though, with a summit and "agreement" the GOP now has to oppose not something that Trump is passively letting happen, but rather something that Trump supposedly actively negotiated.

I worry that such a distinction makes a difference.

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yet despite the *facts* I bet Trump has thrown a new "catch phrase" to his adoring cult and you will see these people repeating "where is the server?" over and over.

There are still people - and not just fringe nuts jobs - asking about the 'missing uranium'.  Its just amazing. I'm genuinely not sure democracy can function with this dysfunction. Which of course is exactly what Russia was trying to achieve.