Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

26 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It was exposed a long time ago that talking points memos go out to the majority of right wing hosts and media outlets.  That is why almost every single radio show, tv show pundit, etc etc....all have the same opinion just about word for word.  It is about messaging.  It is about repeating the same thing over and over which is why when you talk to a lot of right wing opinionated people they come off like parrots instead of people with independent thoughts & opinions.

Yet despite the *facts* I bet Trump has thrown a new "catch phrase" to his adoring cult and you will see these people repeating "where is the server?" over and over.

How many times have you heard "no collusion" in the last year and a half?  Yet there's mountains of evidence of collusion.

2 hours ago, Larry said:

You might be forgetting.  He then gave them the identity of an Israeli informant within ISIS, so he could boast about what sensitive intel he gets, now.  (It was probably the most important piece of classified information he could think of, at the time.)  

And that was in front of other people.  Who knows what he blabbed to Putin in that 2 hour one on one meeting the other day.  I think Congress should call for a subpoena of the translator's transcripts.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

There are still people - and not just fringe nuts jobs - asking about the 'missing uranium'.  Its just amazing. I'm genuinely not sure democracy can function with this dysfunction. Which of course is exactly what Russia was trying to achieve.

Whats going to kill democracy for sure is lack of education that is not only accepted now but being pushed. If they dont know enough to know whose lying to them they will believe anything. And its working. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Curious to see what feckless cowards on the Hill are first to run out and parrot this nonsense.

Faux News was already running through these points...Rand Paul is already providing cover for Trump. These guys are feckless cowards.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Springfield said:

Nothing’s gonna happen.  All this and 1/3 of the country is just going to blindly follow Trump.  1/3 will shoutout from the mountaintops.  1/3 will not give a **** one way or another because their busy dealing with life.

So you think it will be like when the Chinese were donating to Clinton pacs?

5 minutes ago, twa said:

No, it's like when the Chinese hacked the RNC servers and slowly released them to create an air of continuing scandal, and Clinton denied the Intelligence Communities assertions that the Chinese had done that while standing next to the Chinese leader in a press conference after meeting with him alone for two hours. 

Edit: Oh wait, that never happened. The scandal you are talking about might have an equivalent in Butin and the NRA if it hadn't happened concurrently with all the other stuff that is going on.

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

No, it's like when the Chinese hacked the RNC servers and slowly released them to create an air of continuing scandal, and Clinton denied the Intelligence Communities assertions that the Chinese had done that while standing next to the Chinese leader in a press conference after meeting with him alone for two hours. 

or meeting with the Russian diplomats, Russian media, and spies, but no American media and discussing openly top secret info shared by our ally Israel costing assets and lives. Info that was not meant to be shared or revealed.

5 minutes ago, twa said:

Clinton lost the election.  She has quite literally 0 political clout right now.  What more do you want from her?

Other than bringing up something completely irrelevant, why does this even matter?

• Like 2

Facinating,(okay not really),statement by the White House about Trumps comments. As always,either forgetting or showing selective memory,(most likely),on what other things the President has been saying for the past 2 years about the U.S. intelligence agencies. 

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/02/words-trump-russian-meddling/

Jan. 3 — In advance of a meeting with U.S. intelligence officials about Russia’s interference in the U.S. elections, Trump tweets: “The ‘Intelligence’ briefing on so-called ‘Russian hacking’ was delayed until Friday, perhaps more time needed to build a case. Very strange!”

Jan. 4 — In a tweet, Trump repeats WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s denial that he received hacked DNC emails from Russia: “Julian Assange said ‘a 14 year old could have hacked Podesta’ – why was DNC so careless? Also said Russians did not give him the info!”

Jan. 6 — The Office of the Director of National Intelligence releases a declassified intelligence report that says: “Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election.” The report says Russian intelligence services gained access to the Democratic National Committee computer network for nearly a year, from July 2015 to June 2016, and released hacked material to WikiLeaks and other outlets “to help President-elect Trump’s election chances.”

April 29 — Trump tells CBS News’ John Dickerson, “[K]nowing something about hacking, if you don’t catch a hacker, okay, in the act, it’s very hard to say who did the hacking. With that being said, I’ll go along with Russia. Could’ve been China, could’ve been a lot of different groups.”

Sept. 22 — As Facebook prepares to provide congressional investigators with more than 3,000 advertisements Russia purchased during the 2016 campaign, Trump tweets, “The Russia hoax continues, now it’s ads on Facebook. What about the totally biased and dishonest Media coverage in favor of Crooked Hillary?”

Nov. 11 — After meeting with Putin at Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, Trump says he believes Putin “means it” when he says Russian didn’t interfere in the 2016 election. “[E]very time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ And I believe — I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ I think he’s very insulted by it, if you want to know the truth. Don’t forget, all he said is he never did that, he didn’t do that. I think he’s very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.”

And so on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Clinton lost the election.  She has quite literally 0 political clout right now.  What more do you want from her?

Other than bringing up something completely irrelevant, why does this even matter?

He wants to pretend this is nothing new. That defends his "still better than Hillary" stance.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Foreign money in elections and influence isn't relevant?

Well excuse me :)

6 minutes ago, twa said:

It is relevant but apparently the Supreme Court fails to give a ****.  Thanks Citizens United!

It is not relevant to the Russia conversation though.

12 minutes ago, twa said:

The (conservative members of the) Supreme Court made it legal so alone not it isn't.

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/03/citizens-united-foreign-money-us-elections/

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/03/gop-lawyer-chinese-owned-company-us-presidential-politics/

One of the reasons we can't get anything done on climate change is the Saudis are (legally) pouring money into support the GOP.

Edited by PeterMP

Just now, Springfield said:

It is relevant but apparently the Supreme Court fails to give a ****.  Thanks Citizens United!

It is not relevant to the Russia conversation though.

Is it even relevant? Trump's Administration is moving to make donations made to political PACS/501c3's unidentifiable. All monies received gets to be anonymous! 

What a great idea! Can't  imagine any possible corruption, abuse, or undue influence stemming from that!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Is it even relevant? Trump's Administration is moving to make donations made to political PACS/501c3's unidentifiable. All monies received gets to be anonymous! 

What a great idea! Can't  imagine any possible corruption, abuse, or undue influence stemming from that!

Who would have thought that CU could have snowballed into something with such unintended consequences!  

• Like 2