Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Here is the dirty little secret, as flawed as NBC/CBS/ABC are as new organizations, they are way more reliable than Fox, Breitbard, FreedomEagleMurrica, Youtube etc etc.....

Sorry, they just are. You know how I know someone is a low information voter and uninformed? When I hear/see the following:

"I don't trust the MSM.......immediately posts a gateway pundit article as proof of how bias the media is" 

Every organization makes mistakes and have to do their best to sort those out and do their due diligence to fix the mistakes, but this idea that the big news networks are a "left version" of a Fox News is ridiculous, but that narrative has been planted and repeated over and over for so many years now that when people tune into Fox they think they are getting a "different perspective" when what they are really getting is nonsense. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

For me, the server thing is a non issue.. I’m pretty sure it was stated that the previous administration had done similar things.  

Other administrations did, which is why she should have known better. I believe it was a large part of what cost her the election (it shouldn't have).

throwing out the whataboutisms hard today. So hard.

This is off topic for this thread, but get used to it. If you shout "lock her up!" (Trump, not you) then you better live clean:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-democrats-probe-white-house-officials-email-use-11553188033?mod=e2tw

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I was confused about that, are you supposed to be sorry for the sea lion or people? Replace sea lion with the minority of your choice and it’s not funny...

This is whats funny about it 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I was confused about that, are you supposed to be sorry for the sea lion or people? Replace sea lion with the minority of your choice and it’s not funny...

http://wondermark.com/2014-errata/

It has been suggested that the couple in this comic, and the woman in particular, are bigots for making a pejorative statement about a species of animal, and then refusing to justify their statements. It has been further suggested that they be read as overly privileged, because they are dressed fancily, have a house, a motor-car, etc. This is, I suppose, a valid read of the comic, if taken as written.

But often, in satire such as this, elements are employed to stand in for other, different objects or concepts. Using animals for this purpose has the effect of allowing the point (which usually is about behavior) to stand unencumbered by the connotations that might be suggested if a person is portrayed in that role — because all people are members of some social group or other, even if said group identity is not germane to the point being made.

Such is the case with this comic. The sea lion character is not meant to represent actual sea lions, or any actual animal. It is meant as a metaphorical stand-in for human beings that display certain behaviors. Since behaviors are the result of choice, I would assert that the woman’s objection to sea lions — which, if the metaphor is understood, is read as actually an objection to human beings who exhibit certain behaviors — is not analogous to a prejudice based on race, species, or other immutable characteristics.

My apologies if the use of a metaphorical sea lion in this strip, rather than a human being making conscious choices about their own behavior, was in any way confusing.

As for their attire: everyone in Wondermark dresses like that.

Edited by techboy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I understand they have the legal right to do it. I don’t think it’s justified though, or particularly usefully, when it has already been investigated by mueller.

The fact that people deny watching Fox News tells you all you need to know about the quality of their programming, but no for real....

You don't understand. Mueller is investigating  just the Russian collusion angle. If he found anything outside his mandate, he sent to the appropriate district; like the SDNY. They are investigating any criminality by Trump, on a whole host if things.

Congress is investigating to see how this affecting decisions in the Trump administration and see if he's personally profiting. Is there some overlap sure, but Congress is doing their jobs. Not necessary,  bull. I've already said why. If this was Hillary, you would be gung ho.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Larry said:

Maybe she's just ashamed to admit it. 

Nope. Money got moved in and back out of her account in about half a second. I've watched docs on this stuff. 

That's half of what Mueller has to wade through...the money train. The **** was flying around everywhere. He's gotta connect the dots on where it all landed. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Lads

another trump scandal

"Scandal" is an awfully nice word for serious crimes.

Constant serious crimes.

every day, new allegations of serious crimes.

Every day, more lies, more misdirection, and new evidence of massive criminal activity, and potential treason.

Every single ****ing day.

defending this?

the proper response from ANYONE with any self respect at ALL... when there is THIS MUCH on a daily basis ... even if you WANT it to NOT BE TRUE.. is to sit back and recognize just how much of there is, the gravity of what it all represents, and to begin to demand truth. There is no defense. Especially when you know the people in the media who defend him and provide you with these "questions' and 'excuses' have a vested stake in keeping you gullible and with toes on the line.

Every. ****ing. Day.

Wise up.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Bootlicks.

That is all they are. 

The GOP is the opposite of everything they tell the bootlicks they are.

And they can't stop pretending to believe it, despite everything being right in front of their faces, often flagrantly presented.

Every ****ing day.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 1