Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are people not outraged over Trump not releasing his taxes!!!?

boobiemiles

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

What a debacle.  She proved that Trump pays taxes.  She helped prove why Trump hates the media.  She helped prove Hannity's witch hunt theory.  The right will be pointing at this and talking about this forever as an example of how they were right all along.  

I mean, what the **** did she just do?

You sound like someone that was expecting a 12 year old, 2 page 10w40 to be some kind of "bombshell".  Don't get yourself all frothed up like that...

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You sound like someone that was expecting a 12 year old, 2 page 10w40 to be some kind of "bombshell".  Don't get yourself all frothed up like that...

I wasn't expecting a bombshell.  I was expecting her not to act like she is the opposite end of the spectrum from Fox News.  That was a clown show, and it's that kinda stuff that the right trumpets as proof of all of their fake media/conspiracy bull****.

Sorry, I'm the only lib on my side of the family.  Stuff like this ticks me off because I feel like I can't go home. :P

I knew this was going to be overblown.  Maddow is very intelligent and usually on point with her debates, but she took the bait and did what right-wing media usually does which is overplay your hand with the limited information available.

I knew whatever she had wasn't going to contain any kind of crazy bombshell(s) in it due to the fact that it was only being reported by her.  What she did have wa so limited and lacking real information that I would almost suggest someone in Trump's corner leaked the 2 pages on purpose.  There was zero information about where any of the money came from.  As soon as she was handed 2 pages being passed off as "Trump's tax returns from 2005" she should have filed it away as something to maybe re-visit in the future, but I guess the headline was just too tempting.

Now all this aside, to act like wanting to see Trump's actual tax returns is some kind of "witch hunt" is pretty ludicrous.

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

......... I was expecting her not to act like she is the opposite end of the spectrum from Fox News.  .......

;;;;;;;; :P

How on earth could you possibly have those expectations - I mean that is what MSNBC's purpose is.

7 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I mean, I expected something more than, "We have his 2005 short form.  It says he paid 25% tax.  Let's speculate on that for a full hour."

It was a train wreck and makes the left look like a joke.

I mean, might as well just let Fox News release the return and be like, "Hey guys!  Trump paid his fair share of taxes.  Stop your whining!"

If you only have a 1040, you don't have a billionaire's tax return. We are really only getting two things from this: 

1. Trump is probably not as wealthy as he claims..... but can't even really prove that just from the 1040. The income just seems low on $10B of assets. The value of his intangible assets is probably overstated -- people already suspected this anyway. Whether Trump is worth $10B or $4B is irrelevant. 

2. Trump would have paid practically nothing without the AMT. He wants to get rid of the AMT. But I assume almost every Republican wants to get rid of the AMT because the GOP economic platform is best summed up as "tax cuts for the rich by any means necessary." So this is also irrelevant. 

All of this is playing into the perception that the media will exaggerate anything to make Trump look bad. It distracts from the real issue: what are Trump's financial entanglements with other countries and will he use the Presidency to enrich himself to the detriment of the US? 

I said in here months ago you won't learn **** by looking at personal tax returns, and you won't learn much by looking at business returns either unless you have detailed transaction history with sources.

Now if you get some balance sheets from his businesses that show long and short term debt you might get lucky and have the name of entity's that he owes money to on the line items but that's not always the case.

On 3/15/2017 at 10:16 AM, PF Chang said:

If you only have a 1040, you don't have a billionaire's tax return. We are really only getting two things from this: 

1. Trump is probably not as wealthy as he claims..... but can't even really prove that just from the 1040. The income just seems low on $10B of assets. The value of his intangible assets is probably overstated -- people already suspected this anyway. Whether Trump is worth $10B or $4B is irrelevant. 

dia will exaggerate anything to make Trump look bad. It distracts from the real issue: what are Trump's financial entanglements with other countries and will he use the Presidency to enrich himself to the detriment of the US? 

Maybe but its not smart to roll over all business income to your 1040 and claim it as personal, it looks bad to investors and banks and creates a higher personal tax burden.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 11:39 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

From what I have seen reported is that he had to have a squeaky clean IRS records for Melania's naturalization and citizenship requirements. Reported by Rachel Maddow.

Just a thought: when talking about tax returns, using Rachel Maddow as a source now, after her disastrous "breaking news" of tax returns, might not be the best idea.

Especially when you post a video that is Rachel hypothesizing about why the return she has is so clean. That, is not news and is just more evidence that Rachel Maddow is MSNBCs Bill O'Reilly - doesn't actually cover news and just bloviates about whatever enters her head.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived