Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are people not outraged over Trump not releasing his taxes!!!?

boobiemiles

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Trumps going to look great in all of this.

Total cluster **** already.  Way to go NBC.  They're going to cry wolf about nothing and the whole tax return issue is going to disappear.  Just awful.

The tax return issue that no ones talked about in months?  That was last posted about in this thread on February 20.  That tax return issue?

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The tax return issue that no ones talked about in months?  That was last posted about in this thread on February 20.  That tax return issue?

Yeah, it was pretty much dead already but this ought to be the nail in the coffin.

Donald Trump earned more than $150 million in the year 2005—and paid just a small percentage of that in regular federal income taxes. Daily Beast contributor David Cay Johnston has obtained what appear to be the first two pages of Trump’s 2005 federal income tax return, and published an analysis of those pages on his website, DCReport.org. The Daily Beast could not independently verify these documents.

The documents show Trump and his wife Melania paying $5.3 million in regular federal income tax—a rate of less than 4% However, the Trumps paid an additional $31 million in the so-called “alternative minimum tax,” or AMT. Trump has previously called for the elimination of this tax.

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Trump leaked this as a diversion from the Trumpcare debacle.  Rachel Maddow eating it up like a lemming.

It is not totally useless. What I am reading is that Trump wants to get rid of the alternative minimum tax, which would mean he would pay less in taxes. That is newsworthy.

2 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Without AMT, he supposedlly would have paid only 4% in taxes in 2005. He wants to get rid of AMT to benefit himself basically.  I think that is newsworthy.

I'd like to eliminate the income tax....news @ 5? :)

That would be 4% in income tax,we pay many more taxes than those two.

maddow's too hyperbolic and on the edge for me...i was expecting them to milk what they had, and the longer that went on the less i figured they had, but i gave them some points for using it fairly well to reseed "shifty trump connections" stories they've run for awhile and they did...but outside of the amt deal and the idea of trump/bannon being the leak it's a major over-hyped nothingburger for msnbc and a win fro trump whether planned or not...

15 minutes ago, twa said:

That would be 4% in income tax,we pay many more taxes than those two.

Unless you're in the 47%.  

Then, the amount of federal income tax is the only thing that matters, and the rest are irrelevant.  

• This should have just been one segment without a clickbaity tweet. Good thing I was commuting while this was airing. Don't know how Maddow didn't see how this would play out. The tax issue is back but all we know is Trump paid taxes a decade ago. Should have just reported and not try to hype it up. Should have just said why is Trump afraid to show more of his returns. If 2005 mirrors more recent years why would Trump not want people to know he paid taxes and made a lot of money?

I'm reading several boards and although Maddow probably drove up her ratings for tonight she may have hurt herself long term. Her most ardent fans seem to be furious with her. Their consensus take is that this debacle did nothing but help Trump which of course a huge no no for that crowd.

Archived