Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are people not outraged over Trump not releasing his taxes!!!?

boobiemiles

I would like to see his business taxes because its not every day you get to review a billionaires tax returns but the reality is at best we will only see his personal returns and they won't disclose anything about his business dealings.

17 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I would like to see his business taxes because its not every day you get to review a billionaires tax returns but the reality is at best we will only see his personal returns and they won't disclose anything about his business dealings.

It's my understanding that a lot of his businesses are set up as S Corps and other flow-through entities which means there is probably a decent amount of revealing information on his individual return as well

EDIT: just found this gem:

How Congress could get Trump's tax returns

22 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

It's my understanding that a lot of his businesses are set up as S Corps and other flow-through entities which means there is probably a decent amount of revealing information on his personal return as well

EDIT: just found this gem:

How Congress could get Trump's tax returns

The only thing on a personal tax return from the business is the income or loss that carries over from the 1120 S which is what an S-Corp files, Trumps businesses are most likely C Corps so that its easier to disburse shares when bringing on investors or doing a JV deal but that K-1 income from either the business, the salary, or both will reflect on the personal return.  

I just don't see us learning much by reviewing the personal returns and even the business returns would be difficult to understand unless you could ask questions.

Just do a Google search for examples, I have tons of S Corp returns I could redact and post and you wont know a damn thing about the write-offs on the Federal Statements unless you ask the question of the business owner.

Somebody at the IRS knows what's going on, I wouldn't be surprised if something eventually leaks.

I believe it was Mark Cuban who came out and said that the majority of Trumps businesses were set up as S Corps.

Regardless, I think it would be very interesting to see the income and loss of his S Corp businesses (and the disclosure of all these businesses). It wouldn't give us a complete picture but it would be a start that would probably raise eyebrows..

BTW, is that a pittie in your Avatar? Bad ass dog, I love bullies!

It's not that people don't care about his taxes, it's just that with all the other things Trump is doing that is angering people or focusing their attention, his tax returns are low on the priority list.

It's the Elizabethan philosophy of governing, ignore a problem until something bigger comes along to distract people's attention.

10 minutes ago, China said:

It's not that people don't care about his taxes, it's just that with all the other things Trump is doing that is angering people or focusing their attention, his tax returns are low on the priority list.

It's the Elizabethan philosophy of governing, ignore a problem until something bigger comes along to distract people's attention.

And yet fifteen thousand more people have signed on since last night.

22 hours ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

BTW, is that a pittie in your Avatar? Bad ass dog, I love bullies!

Yes, I've had him since he was 12 weeks old and he's 14 years old now.  He's been with me longer than my wife and my 2 kids so he gets treated like a king.

Twenty two thousand more people signed since yesterday afternoon.  This is really quite remarkable.  It has obliterated - by far - the numbers for any other petition on the White House site. 

As a refresher, here is the title and text of the petition:

Immediately release Donald Trump's full tax returns, with all information needed to verify emoluments clause compliance.

The unprecedented economic conflicts of this administration need to be visible to the American people, including any pertinent documentation which can reveal the foreign influences and financial interests which may put Donald Trump in conflict with the emoluments clause of the Constitution.

Clipping along at about 2,000 signatures per hour.  Should pass 600,000 around 3:00 or so...

I mentioned before that this is easily the most signed petition in the 5-year history of the White House "We The People" petition website.  The previous petition with the most signatures, posted in December 2012, called for the Westboro Baptist Church to be declared a hate group.  That petition garnered 367,180 signatures.

http://www.pewinternet.org/2016/12/28/most-common-petition-subjects/

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Also known as 0.18% of the population.  Congratulations.

Sorry.  I'm grumpy today.

Speaking of feelings, I wonder if depression's on the upswing.

I think there've been approximately .5 million more signatures than there are journalists in the US.  Percentage is miniscule (as you correctly, grumpily point out), but man - just one more false narrative this administration has vomited over the airwaves (the idea that no one cares).

Archived