Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are people not outraged over Trump not releasing his taxes!!!?

boobiemiles

37 minutes ago, boobiemiles said:

Not sure why Trump like Putin so much, and won't even negotiate with Mexico.  I mean he praises Russia, and demonize Mexico.  Interesting. 

He sees Mexico interfering in our elections  :)

So another seventeen thousand five hundred people signed up since yesterday...

To the realists out there saying he'll never release his taxes, I hear you.  There's a Russian saying,  когда рак на горе свистнет, which translates as "When the crawfish whistles on the mountain."

crawfish-cartoon-clipart-1.jpg

1194989189965813638mountain_-_rpg_map_el

Odd.  The numbers were climbing along in batches of 10,000 or so every 12 hours. Up until yesterday  Now, since yesterday afternoon, the increase has been zero.

Saturday at 10 pm - 412,780

Sunday at 5 pm - 426,523

Monday at 2:30 - 442,823

Monday at 11 pm - 448,799

Tuesday at 1 pm - 458,828

Wednesday at 2 pm - 476,329

And then...

Wednesday at 5pm - 476,329 (no change)

Wednesday at 11 pm - 476,329 (no change)

Thursday at 8 am - 476,329 (no change)

Just now - 476,329 (no change)

I have to wonder whether the Trump Truth Squad found this petition.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Odd.  The numbers were climbing along in batches of 10,000 or so every 12 hours. Up until yesterday  Now, since yesterday afternoon, the increase has been zero.

Saturday at 10 pm - 412,780

Sunday at 5 pm - 426,523

Monday at 2:30 - 442,823

Monday at 11 pm - 448,799

Tuesday at 1 pm - 458,828

Wednesday at 2 pm - 476,329

And then...

Wednesday at 5pm - 476,329 (no change)

Wednesday at 11 pm - 476,329 (no change)

Thursday at 8 am - 476,329 (no change)

Just now - 476,329 (no change)

I have to wonder whether the Trump Truth Squad found this petition.

I just went and signed it (as a test, I really don't care about it).  Log back in and see if the number changed.  I'd be interested if they somehow locked it out.

I'd assume it's some sort of web error or whatever (I'm just a monkey with a smart phone), of course I certainly wouldn't be all that surprised if it turns out to be something underhanded.  I mean, at this point (and it's just the beginning!) I wouldn't be all that surprised if McCain was found deceased in his car (if you get my drift).

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:36 AM, Dan T. said:

I will be curious to see how this White House responds. Act? Explain why not? Ignore? Drop the web site? 

Last week I posed the above question.  I offered four possible answers.  I hadn't considered a fifth possibility - try to manipulate the numbers.

Apparently that's how they've chosen to respond.  I shouldn't be surprised.

47 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Yep.  They shut it down.  Is there anything more democratic than petitioning your government?  Is there anything more facist than shutting those petitions down?

We The People indeed.

my guess was 30 days within inauguration this system would be shut down.

does this count?

Trump's decision not to release his taxes was aided by the fact that his base didn't care.  To me the bigger outrage is how many people just seem to think it is no big deal.

The bigger question is what happens going forward with this issue when it comes to other candidates. Is releasing your taxes now instantly a thing of the past?  Does anyone care period or once it isn't Trump running for office will it suddenly matter again?

I also think a big factor will be if they get hacked/leaked and there is something in there that is some kind of bombshell that would of swayed a significant amount of voters had they known this info prior to the election.

If I am Trump and I know for certain there is nothing in there that is damaging, I would feel emboldened to release them ASAP just as an FU to the people who harped on the issue so much.  Instead it seems like he is insistent that no one needs to see them despite an overwhelming majority of Americans who disagree.....(why didn't they vote, uuuuugh).

I wonder if more states will follow Hawaii in trying to write into law that you can't be on the ballot unless your tax returns are turned over.

Well this is interesting.  Tuesday evening around 6:30, Forbes posted an article online publicizing the petition for Trump to release his tax returns:

White House Petition To Release Trump's Tax Returns Closes In On A Half Million Signatures

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2017/01/31/white-house-petition-to-release-trumps-tax-returns-closes-in-on-a-half-million-signatures/#4176fc6d5934

Just hours later, sometime on Wednesday, the numbers on that petition - and others - get frozen.  Coincidence?  I don't know. Call me cynical.

Those ****ers.

The numbers for "Repeal the NFA [National Firearm Act]" and for "Investigate Hillary Clinton for Crimes Committed Against the People and Government of the United States" continue to register.

The numbers for "Release Trump's Tax Returns" and "Do not defund the NEA or NEH" stay stuck.

Those ****ers.

Wow!  The number has gotten huge!

Spoiler

If they want to **** with the numbers, so can I.  The Trump tax return numbers remain locked. As is the one calling to continue funding the NEH and NEA.   Others that fit into the Mango Mussolini's agenda - for example the "Indict Hillary" and "Abolish the National Firearms Act" petitions are not.  **** 'em

This is sickening to me, the shutting down of the petitions! I think he should release them, but really does it actually matter? The point is to show some level of transparency, and obviously we aren't getting that from him. 

Really, freezing these petitions, or the counting of the petitions should be front page news.

1 minute ago, Busch1724 said:

This is sickening to me, the shutting down of the petitions! I think he should release them, but really does it actually matter? The point is to show some level of transparency, and obviously we aren't getting that from him. 

Really, freezing these petitions, or the counting of the petitions should be front page news.

I've contacted two reporters, one from the Washington Post and one from Buzz Feed, who recently wrote articles about the petition site.  We'll see if anything comes of it.

I hope there's some other explanation, because would there be anything more vile and, yes, fascist, than an administration purposefully screwing with the numbers of a web site established for citizens to petition their government?

Archived