Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC on Twitter, Gruden getting rid of ENTIRE defensive staff

Alaskins

Is this official or rumor. I have a history of not believing Jason LaCanfora :)

It's the right move even if you think Barry may have been shortchanged by the talent. The O is just about ready to fly and compete with the best the NFL can offer. You can't pin your hopes on a maybe, kinda, if... Regardless of if you were a Barry fan the defense over the last two years was terrible and if anything it was worse year two than year one.

18 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Yeah, and that's what we have to go on so I'll believe it until we hear otherwise. But I disagree that it'd be a big controversy at first. Could easily be kept quiet, initially.  

Either way, I'm excited to see who we interview. 

I think it's easy to see how that one will go. If it works, it's Gruden... If it fails, it's Snyder

Just now, justice98 said:

This screams to me to be a Scot M move, or at minimum, a pre-emptive move by Gruden to point the blame somewhere else.

I mean....

Does it really matter who's call it is?  Can we not worry about if this was a GMSM move/Gruden move/Dan move?

Dude's gone, let's be happy.

I don't know who they're looking at for the job, but whoever it is, I hope he brings a level of attitude and nastiness to our D.  Maybe help change the "nice guy mentality" we have on D.  In short, I hope he's an asshole lol

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Is this official or rumor. I have a history of not believing Jason LaCanfora :)

It's the right move even if you think Barry may have been shortchanged by the talent. The O is just about ready to fly and compete with the best the NFL can offer. You can't pin your hopes on a maybe, kinda, if... Regardless of if you were a Barry fan the defense over the last two years was terrible and if anything it was worse year two than year one.

Official.  Multiple sources now.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I mean....

Does it really matter who's call it is?  Can we not worry about if this was a GMSM move/Gruden move/Dan move?

It matters because it has implications for the coach/GM relationship.  Don't wanna see any cracks in the foundation.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

This screams to me to be a Scot M move, or at minimum, a pre-emptive move by Gruden to point the blame somewhere else.

To be honest, it screams to me as a move that had to be done.  The secondary was a dumpster fire all year.  Massive lack of coordination and gameplanning.  The players often looked slow and confused and lost contain, etc.  Unforgivable issues on third down and of course prevent defenses that cost us at least one game (Detroit) and could have cost us many others.  

At best Barry was an incredibly mediocre coach who couldn't get his assistants to outperform, at least in the secondary.  He had to go.

19 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Can't say I know much about him, but I wonder what Manusky's philosophy will be. Will he do a hybrid between Haslett and Barry? Will he run what he did in Indy or SD? He doesn't really have a history of success and I wonder how good he is as a DC.

I'll start studying him.  We were just discussing on the Barry thread -- Cooley's comments about he liked Barry's schemes -- his shot was is Barry getting through to these guys and teaching them well.     Maybe they think Manusky's personality is more suited to getting to players?

In my small foray to Redskins Park I talked to a series of people, some players, Jay, Bruce, etc -- Manusky was the guy who stood out to me (aside from Scot) as a big personality.   Again, it was a really small sample but my thought from it was this dude comes off like he's the life of every party -- mega-people person.  

Ironically I was telling myself, this dude is coming to our table to chat multiple times -- why couldn't that be Jay, that would be way cooler!   But Manusky was a hard guy for me to forget.  :)  Now I am regretting I didn't engage the guy more.  Frankly, I was more interested in talking to Tress Way than I was Manusky at the time. :)

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I mean....

Thank you. 

39 minutes ago, RonBurgandy said:

Breaking News: Redskins HC Jay Gruden to meet with duo package Rex and Rob Ryan to fill void on the  defensive side of the ball of the Washington Redskins. More to come. 

?

Is that why we've been taking out seats? 

Planned expansion of the sideline bench area to fit in both their lard a ......

Hail. 

Archived