Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC on Twitter, Gruden getting rid of ENTIRE defensive staff

Alaskins

Gus Bradley?

Just now, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

This is excellent news,..make Kirk happy,retain Garcon, pray to the gods Doctson pans out, draft d line maybe a free agent linebacker...hey off season ain't lookin so bad now...way to go grudes!

Defense is going nowhere without significant upgrades at DT/ILB/S

7 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I mean, Gruden said its his move. If he didn't make the decision, then there would be a big controversy.

Yeah, and that's what we have to go on so I'll believe it until we hear otherwise. But I disagree that it'd be a big controversy at first. Could easily be kept quiet, initially.  

Either way, I'm excited to see who we interview. 

Not sure anyone really knows all the details about Wade's interview/offer/circumstances last time around.  Can't say for sure what obstacles that did or didn't create.  I'll be really surprised if he makes it out of Denver.  

Was Manusky DC with the Niners when GMSM was there?  Gotta think he's the front runner here.  What's the take on him?  What's his scheme/tendencies?

I still figure Guenther is on the short list as well if Lewis turns in his spurs.  

I've seen Kirby Smart's name mentioned on this thread.  He's not a realistic option.  He would never leave Athens.  I'd love to look at Spanos as well, but not sure that's realistic either.  

Glad Jay moved quickly here.  Let's get a top notch guy and grab some ballers.  

9 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

This is what I'm assuming, as well. I just hope Gruden wasn't forced to do this and, as long as that's the case, I'll be excited about the process. Still, it won't matter without Scot knocking it out of the park this offseason regarding personnel upgrades.

I can't help but feel bad for Barry, Fewell, Akey, and Olivadotti. Tough deal, but if there's someone better out there gotta do what you gotta do.  

I think he made it. 

Just now, Bang said:

Good. Nowhere to go but up.

Sign Cousins, sign Garcon. go find an MLB and a safety, junk this 3-4 and lets get to WORK!

~Bang

I won't quote you on twitter, your presence is too strong, like trying to use the force on Darth Vader, lol. 

10 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

That's... interesting. Who are those guys tied to, possibly? Good coaches, either way. Preston regressed but Trent improved, Olivadotti had the worst group to work with.  

Wonder if its Manusky for the job itself.    In my lunch with Scot he was effusive when he talked about Manusky.  After Manusky stopped by our table, Scot goes this guy is a really great coach.   It would be funny for me personally if it ends up Manusky because Manusky voluntarily came to my table (during my lunch) to hobnob twice.  Everybody else who came over including Jay -- Scot had to summon over.    In that moment, I wasn't as into talking to Manusky versus my interest in everybody else.  :)   Judging by that exchange from a pure personality stand point, Manusky is a people person in a big way -- infectious energy.  He enjoyed talking to my kids more than anyone at Redskins Park that day.  We got into a quick conversation about living in Florida.    Seemed like a super cool guy.  As for what kind of coordinator he is, got no clue.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder if its Manusky for the job itself.    In my lunch with Scot he was effusive when he talked about Manusky.  After Manusky stopped by our table, Scot goes this guy is a really great coach.   It would be funny for me personally if it ends up Manusky because Manusky voluntarily came to my table (during my lunch) to hobnob twice.  Everybody else who came over including Jay -- Scot had to summon over.    In that moment, I wasn't as into talking to Manusky versus my interest in everybody else.  :)   Judging by that exchange from a pure personality stand point, Manusky is a people person in a big way -- infectious energy.  He enjoyed talking to my kids more than anyone at Redskins Park that day.  We got into a quick conversation about living in Florida.    Seemed like a super cool guy.  As for what kind of coordinator he is, got no clue.  

Can't say I know much about him, but I wonder what Manusky's philosophy will be. Will he do a hybrid between Haslett and Barry? Will he run what he did in Indy or SD? He doesn't really have a history of success and I wonder how good he is as a DC.

1. Gus Bradley (fired in Jacksonville) worked in Tampa under Jon Gruden (and of course, Bruce Allen).

8 replies19 retweets7 likes

Retweet

More

@MikeJonesWaPo Yep. Because former Tampa hires have worked out so well. ?

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

38 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

If we can beat the Bills to get him I'd have no problem with Gus Bradley here either. Has connections to Bruce Allen from his Tampa days. 

My thing with Gus Bradley is his rise directly coincided with nailing the draft, getting Thomas, Sherman, Maxwell, Thurmond, Chancellor, and KJ Wright in a 2 year period.  Irvin and Wagner came in year 3.  He rode that another uear before landing the jags gig.  If we hit the draft like that, even Barry coulda coached it.

Archived