Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC on Twitter, Gruden getting rid of ENTIRE defensive staff

Alaskins

3 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Disagree. Check his stats when he was Ravens DC. Those teams were flat nasty.

They were with Nolan as DC too.  Rex puts a lot of responsibility on his safeties.  The Redskins don't have Ed Reed in his prim.  

Can just tell from Barry's persona that he'd be able to sell water to a pirate. Great speaker, definitely absolutely aced that job interview two years ago and we bought it. We better not make that mistake again. 

Have to hire someone with an outstanding track record. Nothing else. No young up and comer with question marks. I want a vet who's been there and done it. 

Wade Phillips is literally perfect. 

35 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

his son is our TE coach

2 years ago, when he was out of a job, that had a lot of pul.. I'm not so sure now, especially with Kubiak set to retire.

However............BARRY IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, drowland said:

That's another thing, would Wade want to come here knowing Jay in year 4 is pretty much on the hot seat?  Jay's coaching for an extension next year since HC's rarely go into the final year of their contract as a lame duck.  

I think he'll stay in Denver unless the new guy is adamant on bringing in his own guy.  I read somewhere Bradley is rumored to be the DC for another HC candidate.  Not sure if it's Kyle or someone else.   

Well, his son is still on the team as TE coach, so there's that.  Perhaps Jay is given a 1 year extension this year and that helps him.  Wade isn't exactly young, so I don't know if he cares so much about the long term stability of the team other than his son being around.  

Well, since my thread was closed, i'll just have to come here and celebrate !!!!!!

I am glad, happy, joyful, and every other word you can think of.

I'm REALLY surprised in Jay;  I didn't think he would do it, but he proved me wrong.  Can't say that he's not looking out for the team's best interest now.  My only wish is they hire someone who has experience with running a top notched defense, and is good at scheming. 

Barry, it is what it is.  Don't leave mad, just leave.

BEER IS ON ME ! 

I was in a meeting... Just found out. I'm so happy.

And no disrespect to Joe Barry. He seems like a cool dude. His interviews are always on point... But as someone who enjoys a good defense, he just wasn't doing it well enough for me. Looks like he was doing well in Gruden's eyes either. Sucks for him, but he'll be fine.

Trying to think if there is any potential connection with the assistants who remain to a candidate.  Greg Manusky worked under Mike Nolan before.   I see some Nolan attention on twitter.  It would just seem odd though that he'd come back here -- after Danny's infamous vanilla ice cream stunt.

And like I said I heard first hand some love of Scot towards Manusky.  Wonder if he is a candidate for the job?

Just now, RonBurgandy said:

Breaking News: Redskins HC Jay Gruden to meet with duo package Rex and Rob Ryan to fill void on defensesive side ofthe Washington Redskins. More to come. 

?

Rex yes, Rob no. Rob is a clown who has ridden his father's and brother's coat tails. Make the stipulation be that Rex comes sans Rob.

36 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

Perfect! Sounds crazy, but what about Rex Ryan? His defenses have always been solid. Just not sure his personality would mesh with Jay.

I actually think thier personality on the sidelines and locker room couldn't match better. They both want to win and don't want any ****ing **** about it. I like them together and I bet money you wouldn't see a team coming out flat on BOTH sides. 

No Mickey Mouse horse **** football from them

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Trying to think if there is any potential connection with the assistants who remain to a candidate.  Greg Manusky worked under Mike Nolan before.   I see some Nolan attention on twitter.  It would just seem odd though that he'd come back here -- after Danny's infamous vanilla ice cream stunt.

And like I said I heard first hand some love of Scot towards Manusky.  Wonder if he is a candidate for the job?

Keim discussing gives legs to it. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I imagine both Manusky and Olivadotti will interview for the job

3 minutes ago, RonBurgandy said:

Breaking News: Redskins HC Jay Gruden to meet with duo package Rex and Rob Ryan to fill void on the  defensive side of the ball of the Washington Redskins. More to come. 

?

Stop it.... stop it now!

Archived