Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC on Twitter, Gruden getting rid of ENTIRE defensive staff

Alaskins

56 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

My guess is they already have a new guy lined up and he wanted to bring in his people. 

This is what I'm assuming, as well. I just hope Gruden wasn't forced to do this and, as long as that's the case, I'll be excited about the process. Still, it won't matter without Scot knocking it out of the park this offseason regarding personnel upgrades.

I can't help but feel bad for Barry, Fewell and Akey. Tough deal, but if there's someone better out there gotta do what you gotta do.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Trying to think if there is any potential connection with the assistants who remain to a candidate.  Greg Manusky worked under Mike Nolan before.   I see some Nolan attention on twitter.  It would just seem odd though that he'd come back here -- after Danny's infamous vanilla ice cream stunt.

They'd have to be insane to bring Nolan back. OK, a DIFFERENT kind of insane. Horrible defensive coach. That would  be a terrible, terrible move. 

2 things. Shouldn't the thread title be changed based on the keeping of the LB coaches. Kinda sad that the other thread was closed instead of merging them since there was a lot of discussion in there based on our current players scheme and what is beneficial to us.

Glad to see us let go of Barry. I'm again curious to see if we're going to be 4-3, 3-4 or something else. Also, I wonder what systems each of the coaching candidates out there prefers, and how their systems fit our players. I wonder what a guy like Ryan thinks about the DTs out there like the guy in NY or the guy in Baltimore - if we keep a 3-4. or would Ryan put us in a 4-3?

Also, I'm kinda glad he waited 2 days. it seems more logical. I can imagine him talking with Barry and asking a lot of questions and Barry not giving satisfactory answers. I can just think of the press conferences like why was Norman not playing man? BS answer then Norman's playing man.

2 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

This is what I'm assuming, as well. I just hope Gruden wasn't forced to do this and, as long as that's the case, I'll be excited about the process. Still, it won't matter without Scot knocking it out of the park this offseason regarding personnel upgrades.

I can't help but feel bad for Barry, Fewell, Akey, and Olivadotti. Tough deal, but if there's someone better out there gotta do what you gotta do.  

I mean, Gruden said its his move. If he didn't make the decision, then there would be a big controversy.

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mike Jones Retweeted Washington Redskins

Outside LB coach Manusky and ILB coach Olivadotti remain for now.

That's... interesting. Who are those guys tied to, possibly? Good coaches, either way. Preston regressed but Trent improved, Olivadotti had the worst group to work with.  

obviously feel bad when anyone loses their job. hope he lands on his feet somewhere else in a position where he isnt completely overwhelmed like with here and detroit.

but much needed move. agree that they took out the whole staff because theyre going after someone who wants their own staff. or at least thats what im hoping. 

51 minutes ago, RonBurgandy said:

Breaking News: Redskins HC Jay Gruden to meet with duo package Rex and Rob Ryan to fill void on the  defensive side of the ball of the Washington Redskins. More to come. 

?

I know we need to add big bodies in the trenches, but c'mon now

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

Who is the worse defensive coordinator available right now? That is who we are probably aiming to bring in. Joking aside, yes needed to be done. More importantly we need better players now.

Jon is whispering Gus Bradley in his brother's ears :silly:

1 minute ago, thesubmittedone said:

That's... interesting. Who are those guys tied to, possibly? Good coaches, either way. Preston regressed but Trent improved, Olivadotti had the worst group to work with.  

yeah i think those coaches did a decent guy making very undertalented ILB's overachieve (relatively) the last couple years

Archived