Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC on Twitter, Gruden getting rid of ENTIRE defensive staff

Alaskins

Love the rip the entire band-aid off at once approach.  Start over with a new staff and hopefully lots of new players.

So many keep calling for Wade Phillips seem to forget that Jay didn't have interest in him before so why would that change now?  And Wade likely harbors hard feelings for the Skins not making a run at him before especially given his son being a coach on the team.

One thing is for sure - no matter who the new DC is he can't possibly do much worse than Joe Barry so there is plenty of reason for optimism...

best news of the year.  barry was completely inept and the reports of the secondary issues in the meeting room are just more evidence that this staff needed to go.  hopefully we get a proven DC in here that knows what hes doing and can make it happen for us so were not relying on the offense every week.

1 minute ago, jadams5214 said:

Love the rip the entire band-aid off at once approach.  Start over with a new staff and hopefully lots of new players.

So many keep calling for Wade Phillips seem to forget that Jay didn't have interest in him before so why would that change now?  And Wade likely harbors hard feelings for the Skins not making a run at him before especially given his son being a coach on the team.

One thing is for sure - no matter who the new DC is he can't possibly do much worse than Joe Barry so there is plenty of reason for optimism...

Continuing to not have interest in a guy who just about single handedly won his team the superbowl would be a bad move for Jay.  It's business, lots of people say lots of things and have lots of feelings.  That all changes when numbers get written down at contract negotiations.  

Just now, evmiii said:

I love the fact that he fired the entire staff;  Any D.C. worth his weight will want to build his own staff.  I feel better about the skins today than I did yesterday.

Totally agree.  But the fact that he fired the entire defensive staff makes you wonder if Jay is set on bringing in a more experienced DC.  I think a more experienced DC already has a team of guys who they would want to bring with them, whereas an inexperienced guy might have taken the DC position and possibly retained some of current staff.  In any case, Jay deserves a lot of respect for making the change.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

LB coaches, still here?

The #Redskins will not retain the following four assistant coaches: Joe Barry, Perry Fewell, Robb Akey and Mike Clark.

Perhaps that young LB coach is getting his chance at being DC? I know some people were suggesting he should have a chance 

5 minutes ago, TankRizzo said:

Wade also just won his last HC a Superbowl.  Jay is in year 3 of a 5 year deal.  It's sink or swim time for him.  Wade could be his lifevest.  

That's another thing, would Wade want to come here knowing Jay in year 4 is pretty much on the hot seat?  Jay's coaching for an extension next year since HC's rarely go into the final year of their contract as a lame duck.  

I think he'll stay in Denver unless the new guy is adamant on bringing in his own guy.  I read somewhere Bradley is rumored to be the DC for another HC candidate.  Not sure if it's Kyle or someone else.   

Archived