Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

I agree with Buzz that public spaces should be kept message neutral. No rainbow flags, no confederate flags, no teddy bear flags. 

What one group of people find pride in, the other finds objectionable. Public spaces shouldnt be the battleground of morality in society 2016, thats what message boards on the internet are for. 

Just keep public spaces content neutral, please and thank you. There is plenty of private areas to display your message. 

(seeing the confederate flag makes me cringe and want to cut you off in traffic. Seeing the rainbow flag makes me kinda happy)

30 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Funny how many times I can say I support the rainbow flag and don't support the confederate flag but this is what the labeling comes down to. Tell you what, just keep this up and keep losing elections.  Or you could try actually listening.

You can label all you want and it's okay then? I can listen but when you promote an ideology of intolerance, hatred and exclusion and promote those symbols I'm not going to stand by and say it's okay, America shouldn't stand for those values and their symbols should be relegated to a history museum and not be displayed proudly. 

You can also actually try thinking and being reasonable and stop with this false equivalency BS and playing the victim card.

R's can only win by gerrymandering, voter suppression, and appealing to people's worst intentions, if the R's want to win that way go ahead but beware. With great power comes great resistance and "We have an old saying in texas Fool me once, you can't....... you can't get fooled again."

BTW I don't speak for the Dem's I speak for me and certain aspects of the Dem's I like and i don't like, as the same for the R's.

20 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

no teddy bear flags.

What did a teddy bear ever do to you? :)

I think for the most part public spaces are fairly neutral in their symbols, ( ie american flag, state flag, city, county flag nothing controversial) but are you talking about government buildings courthouses and such or public universities? If its the latter that's whole nother can of worms and let's not go down that road. 

There is (or at least was) a whole 'nother thread about the Confederate flag, and probably another thread somewhere about the imaginary war on Christianity in the US. THIS THREAD IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT CABINET NOMINEES, SO WILL EVERYBODY PLEASE STFU AND GET BACK ON TOPIC!

Page after page now of whining fecal matter with no substantive discussion of the topic at hand. If I were a mod (don't take this as criticism - you know I love you guys), I would be about ready to lock this up.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The "opinion" to some at least has changed.  Funny thing about opinions are they can't be wrong.  I could make an argument that the crucifix is a symbol of hate.  But it means different things to different people.  Now their opinion may be uninformed but it is still their opinion.

Regarding the legality, I was more just discussing the morality and acceptability.

Now for opening it up to all religions, where do we draw the line?  We have different people that will draw it in different places and undoubtedly someone will be upset.  

Again, there is absolutely nothing preventing a state or locality from proudly flying the confederate flag.

And there are public spaces throughout the country where this happens. You have interjected this criteria that it must be "MULTIPLE FLAGS" lining a street similar to what you saw in California.

Alabama as recently as a few years ago did in fact display "MULTIPLE" confederate flags in a public space. They didn't stop doing it because of some SJW liberals.

They removed it in the aftermath of Dylan Roof, a proud displayer of the confederate flag, using the same supremacist ideology behind the confederate flag to shoot up a black church. 

Maybe, just maybe there is a reason why one symbol is acceptable and the other isn't. And it has absolutely nothing to do with "the left". It has to do with basic human decency and making sound moral judgements over what's right (tolerance) vs what's wrong (intolerance).

And the right has no problem and even gets away with displaying its own cultural symbols on public institutions:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/us/police-agencies-defy-critics-and-show-in-god-we-trust.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0&referer=https://cdn.ampproject.org/v/wonkette.com/594562/cops-add-in-god-we-trust-to-patrol-cars-mostly-to-piss-off-atheists/amp?amp_js_v=6

If we are playing the game of imaginary fiction stories, let's see how the right would react to police officers with "In Allah We Trust" bumper stickers.

Care to find me examples of "MULTIPLE" Muslim police officers who proudly display Islamic symbols on their cop cars? If not, then why is the right so intolerant? (See how ridiculous this argument is? The absence of something doesn't necessarily equate to intolerance from an imagined opposition)

1 hour ago, mrcunning15 said:

You can label all you want and it's okay then? I can listen but when you promote an ideology of intolerance, hatred and exclusion and promote those symbols I'm not going to stand by and say it's okay, America shouldn't stand for those values and their symbols should be relegated to a history museum and not be displayed proudly. 

You can also actually try thinking and being reasonable and stop with this false equivalency BS and playing the victim card.

R's can only win by gerrymandering, voter suppression, and appealing to people's worst intentions, if the R's want to win that way go ahead but beware. With great power comes great resistance and "We have an old saying in texas Fool me once, you can't....... you can't get fooled again."

Pretty ill inform post imo. The Dems and in particlular Obama really screwed the pooch with thier "brand" of "governing"

"In 2007, I could have sworn President Barack Obama was supposed to be the savior of the Democrat Party. The smooth talking, suave Illinois senator had everything to bring the party together and end any GOP dominance.

Well, it turns out, the Democrats have lost 1,030 seats across the board since Obama took office in January 2008. This includes seats in state’s houses and senates, governorships, and Congress."

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/12/democrats-have-lost-1030-seats-across-the-board-during-obamas-presidency/

I can't vouch for the link but there are many articles like this explaing how the Dems have just had their asses hand to them countrywide since BO was elected.

A pretty devastating outcome fno matter how you look at  or rationalize it

4 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

This is funny.  Had I said I was a married Gay couple and someone complained about my flag flown in my yard.  Most of you would fly into SJW rage, tell me to go after the people for being intolerant and then go into an anti-GOP rant about us being homophobic!  

However, because it happened to the other side, it is discounted as false, not real and impossible for such a tolerant group (progressives) to be so intolerant.  There is enough intolerance on both sides, whether you want to admit it or not.

Except for your last sentence, your perception of reality is a tad off the mark.

29 minutes ago, aREDSKIN said:

A pretty devastating outcome fno matter how you look at  or rationalize it

It was a long time coming. The Dems have been working hard to corner the professional, college educated voter demographic since the early 70s. Part of their calculation was that the white working class would not leave them in large enough numbers and they would be able to enjoy a big demographic advantage.

Part of their calculation was right: the professional class and the urban areas have massively swung towards the Democrats over the past few decades and it peaked this year with HRC. And this came at the cost of surrendering a lot of their industrial, labor vote to the GOP: first by losing the coal county voters across many states and over the past few years, the Rust Belt labor vote seems to be eroding as well.

Is it a winning strategy? Who knows. Short term it seems to be largely devastating, but in the coming years, the major voting bloc will be a segment of voters that is overwhelmingly urban, diverse and highly educated. And with expansion and growth in rapidly liberalizing cities like Phoenix and Pittsburgh, we are probably looking at a political realignment that we won't fully comprehend until maybe 2024 or 2028,

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Ok..before the Mods come in..let's try to get back on topic and talk about how Drumpf is stocking his cabinet with people who are, in appearance, some of the most monumentally worst nominations in modern American history.

I think in general he has chosen well, certainly better than I expected.

any specific ones besides Bannon?

19 minutes ago, twa said:

I think in general he has chosen well, certainly better than I expected.

any specific ones besides Bannon?

There's that guy he chose for Secretary of Energy..oh shoot I forget his name. Let's see..He nominated someone who hates public schools as the Secretary of Education. A business partner of Putin to be SoS. edit..The EPA Chief nom Pruitt? He hates the agency and the science behind what the agency does. So yeah, that's another bad one. 

And well..all most of them really. 

27 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

There's that guy he chose for Secretary of Energy..oh shoot I forget his name. Let's see..He nominated someone who hates public schools as the Secretary of Education. A business partner of Putin to be SoS. edit..The EPA Chief nom Pruitt? He hates the agency and the science behind what the agency does. So yeah, that's another bad one. 

And well..all most of them really. 

Perry is a excellent manager and knows energy policy

Secretary of Education is not Secretary of Public Schools or the teachers union **** :)....lawd knows many need improved or replaced

Tillerson is very capable and knows how to stand up to Putin or Trump....and a very good man

Pruitt will be good for the EPA, they need refocused

8 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

Can we please stop with the whole "the left are a platform of tolerance and freedom" BS.  

In the past, I could proudly display a cross, a flag or any symbol in my front yard without fear.  Now, I have to worry about offending 1 person (not 1 group but 1 person) and being sued, or called intolerant or told not to push my religion on others.  

You live in a fantasy world. 

And that's your fault. 

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

You live in a fantasy world. 

And that's your fault. 

And this is the thought process that cost the Left so many elections.  People on the right feel this way, whether they should or not.  Don't you think it would be beneficial to at least address these concerns and attempt to resolve them instead of just dismissing them?

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

And this is the thought process that cost the Left so many elections.  People on the right feel this way, whether they should or not.  Don't you think it would be beneficial to at least address these concerns and attempt to resolve them instead of just dismissing them?

Are you actually saying that the left isn't tolerant enough of people who think that the imaginary world they've created entitles them to rule toe world?  

That used to be something that conservatives threw at the Left, as an insult.  

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

No. 

These concerns were manufactured in a fantasy world, and addressing fantasy concerns would just lead to different fantasy concerns.

32 minutes ago, twa said:

EPA, they need refocused

What kind of refocusing do you think is needed?

6 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

No. 

These concerns were manufactured in a fantasy world, and addressing fantasy concerns would just lead to different fantasy concerns.

concerns may be about fantasy things but emotions behind those concerns are real.  There needs to be an approach for handling them.

41 minutes ago, Larry said:

Are you actually saying that the left isn't tolerant enough of people who think that the imaginary world they've created entitles them to rule toe world?  

That used to be something that conservatives threw at the Left, as an insult.  

I didn't mean it as an insult.  And I'm not saying be tolerant of.  I'm saying adress them.  Respect their opinion and work to change it.  Or ignore them and let Fox news define their reality.

30 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

No. 

Keep this up.  It worked so well in the last election.

26 minutes ago, alexey said:

What kind of refocusing do you think is needed?

concerns may be about fantasy things but emotions behind those concerns are real.  There needs to be an approach for handling them.

Well said.

6 hours ago, mrcunning15 said:

Are you upset that everyone is not upset that someone complained about your Nativity scene? What do you want to do start a religious war? I'm sorry people complain but it seems like you are finding some comfort or joy in this slight as it seems to reaffirm your worldview about SJW or what you deem reverse intolerance or whatever you want to conjure. Here's an idea, how about you talk to the individual and see what exactly the reason for the complaint was and maybe come to an understanding instead of just blaming it on SJW or your perceived notion of the left's intolerance

Not a nativity scene.  It is a set of combat boots around a cross, represents a fallen Soldier, Marine, Airmen, etc.  The person complained about the cross specifically and asked the HOA to do something about it.  They laid it to rest before the need to come to me, they did however give me a call to let me know in case something happened (person wasn't happy his complaints fell on deaf ears, threatened to sue but HOA let him know he had no grounds).  Had nothing to do with a war on religion, not sure how you came up with that.  Not a perceived notion of intolerance.

15 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

Not a nativity scene.  It is a set of combat boots around a cross, represents a fallen Soldier, Marine, Airmen, etc.  The person complained about the cross specifically and asked the HOA to do something about it.  They laid it to rest before the need to come to me, they did however give me a call to let me know in case something happened (person wasn't happy his complaints fell on deaf ears, threatened to sue but HOA let him know he had no grounds).  Had nothing to do with a war on religion, not sure how you came up with that.  Not a perceived notion of intolerance.

Lol. Someone complained about you. You poor oppressed person, may the world show you more tolerance.

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Lol. Someone complained about you. You poor oppressed person, may the world show you more tolerance.

Nope.  Your just reaching for crap now.  Complained about the boots and the cross....didn't  I explain that or did I explain something different?  Not concerned at all with needing tolerance, not sure how you got that either.  

Im done entertaining this, all it has done is prove my point about both sides being intolerant to each other.

Archived