Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

58 minutes ago, alexey said:

concerns may be about fantasy things but emotions behind those concerns are real.  There needs to be an approach for handling them.

And no doubt the therapist who's job is to cure those people of their dangerous delusions, have to study where said delusions come from.  So that they can more effectively treat them.  

However, there is no obligation on the part of society, when they observe a person cooing about how pretty the purple dinosaur they see in the spaceship, to refrain from pointing out that said dinosaur isn't real.  (Other than, perhaps, in the form of "just humor him till the ambulance gets here.")  

The fact that something is or is not true is a kinda important factor when discussing a topic.  

33 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I didn't mean it as an insult.  And I'm not saying be tolerant of.  I'm saying adress them.  Respect their opinion and work to change it.  Or ignore them and let Fox news define their reality.

It already has. You are working under the assumption that these minds can be changed. I suppose many of us, who've had to deal with the insanity of the far-right, especially for our living and work understand that there is a fantasy land in this country whose residents are completely immune to all reasoning and facts.

I suppose the non-Trumpist segment of the right knows this too.

Charlie Sykes, a not so crazy right wingers view pretty much sums it up:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/opinion/sunday/charlie-sykes-on-where-the-right-went-wrong.html

That is what I saw, and this is what it might mean for the future of conservatism. When I wrote in August 2015 that Mr. Trump was a cartoon version of every left-wing media stereotype of the reactionary, nativist, misogynist right, I thought that I was well within the mainstream of conservative thought — only to find conservative Trump critics denounced for apostasy by a right that decided that it was comfortable with embracing Trumpism. But in Wisconsin, conservative voters seemed to reject what Mr. Trump was selling, at least until after the convention.

To be sure, some of my callers embraced Mr. Trump’s suggestion for a ban on Muslims entering the country and voiced support for a proposal to deport all Muslims — even citizens. One caller compared American Muslims to rabid dogs. But right to the end, relatively few of my listeners bought into the crude nativism Mr. Trump was selling at his rallies.

I guess we can keep saying "this is why the left lost this election". But the reality is that both the left and the right lost this election to a goon and a con-man who exploited the deep anti-intellectual strain in this country that has been growing more and more for a very long time, mostly on the right, thanks to a huge poorly educated class of voters that are extremely paranoid and easy to manipulate.

There isn't some easy solution where the left can suddenly reach out to these voters. This segment decidedly rejected the left, but also the right wing politicians who aren't completely ****ing nuts.

Very much against the Education and EPA picks - although at least the education stuff can probably (hopefully?) be undone down the road.

Really, really concerned about Tillerson.  The potential business and Russian connections are troubling, but the bigger one IMV, is if his tenure results in a resurgent Russian economy.

Sessions and Flint don't seem like very good picks given their temperament, pasts and what colleagues have said about them.  I suppose the good news is that they may not be fish out of water.

Carson seems like a poor pick, but who knows... 

Haley is a bit surprising (and maybe dubious) given her lack of experience, but again, who knows.

If Perry can manage to stave off big oil (to some extent), and not hamstring alternative energy, that would be a win in my book.  Given his desire to abolish the department though, I'm a bit worried what direction the DOE takes.  

9 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If I were looking for the chat rooms / message boards of the most intolerant, pissed off, fanatic, extreme right & left wingers on the internet, where would I go?

Stormfront for the right. Or /pol/ on 4Chan. The worst board I've ever seen is n-word dot com. You'll get nothing out of going there though. Just... Man. 

No idea for the left.  Bill O'Reilly says Daily Kos doesn't he? That's just laughable though.

Don't think this has been posted. Sorry if it has. 

kathy1.png

More than half think Pizzagate is real. You can't reason with that. It's like if the Democratic Party was taken over by 9/11 Truthers. And I'm sorry but I don't want people that believe in that type of bull**** (left or right) to like me and see my side. I want them to hate to me. Anything else and something is wrong with me.

2 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

Not a nativity scene.  It is a set of combat boots around a cross, represents a fallen Soldier, Marine, Airmen, etc.  The person complained about the cross specifically and asked the HOA to do something about it.  They laid it to rest before the need to come to me, they did however give me a call to let me know in case something happened (person wasn't happy his complaints fell on deaf ears, threatened to sue but HOA let him know he had no grounds).  Had nothing to do with a war on religion, not sure how you came up with that.  Not a perceived notion of intolerance.

There are 100 million democrats in the United States. Somewhere in that hundred million, there are some idiots. Don't make the mistake of painting a circle around all of them and saying "the one ignoramus who complained about the tribute to fallen soldiers in my yard represents the entire left wing of our country".

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

There are 100 million democrats in the United States. Somewhere in that hundred million, there are some idiots. Don't make the mistake of painting a circle around all of them and saying "this one guy who complained about the tribute to fallen soldiers in my yard represents the entire left wing of our country".

So true.  I just wish people would remember the same about the right.  Though our numbers are a lot higher than a few in 100 million.

As much as I want to comment on some of the victim playing going on over the last few pages, that **** needs to be taken elsewhere. There is going to be a lot of major items coming up as it pertains to Trump's ****** up selections so let's please move back in that direction. 

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

His insecurity is hilarious if not for the fact that he is going to be POTUS. 

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Probably all of them.

I think the Dems, if they are smart, will really push back hard on 2 or 3. EPA should be an automatic no and possible filibuster. I suspect Sessions or Commerce or someone like that is the other. I would not recommend push back on all of them simply because it will fall on deaf ears.  

Still ask very tough questions on all. 

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Probably all of them.

Only after the necessary wailing, gnashing of teeth and pound of flesh taken, they seem focused on Price at the moment.

Should be good theater.

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I think the Dems, if they are smart, will really push back hard on 2 or 3. EPA should be an automatic no and possible filibuster. I suspect Sessions or Commerce or someone like that is the other. I would not recommend push back on all of them simply because it will fall on deaf ears.  

Still ask very tough questions on all. 

Pruitt will use their guts for garters. :)

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Amusing article. Let's keep debating the causes of climate change. :rolleyes:

This is a guy that opposes the clean water act. YAY!!! I mean, who cares about waterways. The dirtier the better rather than let's really be innovative to figure out how to protect our most precious commodities and produce what we need to produce. 

27 minutes ago, Larry said:

By "EPA overreach", you mean, "trying to slow dumping waste products into the environment"?

overreach or lack of focus

Animus river ?

Delay on Flint?

27 minutes ago, Hersh said:

This is a guy that opposes the clean water act. YAY!!! I mean, who cares about waterways. The dirtier the better rather than let's really be innovative to figure out how to protect our most precious commodities and produce what we need to produce. 

The devil is in the details of his opposition....I look forward to his confirmation hearing.

and the wailing and such.

23 minutes ago, twa said:

The devil is in the details of his opposition....I look forward to his confirmation hearing.

and the wailing and such.

^^^ 100% ***hole response. You're awesome. 

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Really, it's not like we need clean water to actually, you know, like live.

I'm down trying to having any kind of meaningful conversation with him. I don't mind differences of opinions but the **** troll nature of the posts get old. 

Archived