Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I remeber being in San Francisco and seeing whole blocks full of rainbow flags flying in public property.  I wonder what would happen if a city a city flew confederate flags instead? 

Step into Eastern Maryland, go past Leesburg and enter West VA or take the off roads in VA headed south, and that is exactly what you find.

Different places and different values. It's maybe why their is such a brain and wealth drain away from rural America. They label it elitism and "looking down on us", and most of us see it as something we don't want anything to do with, hence a really high share of highly trained work force abandoning these places.

Big cities are full of smart and talented people who left these parts of the country for good. Not many people are going to want to live in a culture of intolerance.

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I do enjoy a good old false narrative. Like the one where a flag that represents equality is the same thing as a flag that represents racism. Like the ones where not being tolerant of bigotry is the same thing as being a bigot.

Poor persecuted white Christian snowflakes.

Not just racism...treason and murder.  And they love it.

There isn't a city in SC that did this.  I do find it amusing that TTB brought up SC, especially knowing it was a GOP governor who led the way for removing the confederate flag.  I live in SC and personally had no issues with it being taken down.

To your point, IF any city had flown confederate flags this year or ANY flag which progressives disagree with, SJWs heads would explode, CNN, MSNBC, The Huffington Post, Washington Post would all be there displaying their moral outrage!  

Then, they would all blame Donald Trump and the racist GOP.

47 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

So, I have a display in my front yard with a pair of military boots and a cross.  Your telling me I never had anyone question me for displaying a "religious" symbol in my front yard (that's weird as I got a call from the HOA letting me know someone complained about it and wanted something done about it)?  I am personally NOT worried, you are right, why?  Because I really don't give a **** if it offends anyone!   But, I guess it was only a figment of my imagination, eh?

HOA's are very different animals, most aren't about offending anyone but instead about maintaining a particular standard throughout the neighborhood. As such if I was your Realtor and you called me up with this complaint, I'd politely ask you if you completely read, and agreed to the terms and restrictions of the HOA where you bought the house. If not then that's squarely on you, because HOA restrictions are not like the "I have read and accpet the terms and conditions" thing we never read online, you had better take the time to read through those restrictions. 

We run into things like this all the time and almost every single time it's because the home buyer didn't read the HOA restrictions and now wants to make it a case of his personal freedoms being restricted...well damn right they are, you bought a house in a neighborhood with a strict HOA restrictions. That's your fault, so stop blaming your neighbors for upholding the terms of the HOA.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The only head exploding is yours, bro.  And over an imagined scenario that didn't even actually occur.  

I think for some people reality is to hard to swallow so living in fantasy land is a better alternative in order to justify their world view.

11 minutes ago, mrcunning15 said:

This is in Florida,  

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/19407

That is one flag (a huge one though) flying over a FREAKING CONFEDERATE VETERANS MEMORIAL!!!!  what else were you expecting to see there?

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The entirety of the Myrtle Beach shopping district.  Those things still sell like hot cakes!

Those are for sale.  I'm talking about the city flying them on public land from every streetlight.

8 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I do enjoy a good old false narrative. Like the one where a flag that represents equality is the same thing as a flag that represents racism. Like the ones where not being tolerant of bigotry is the same thing as being a bigot.

Poor persecuted white Christian snowflakes.

I was using it to make a point.  You won't see one flying in front of my house.  I fly an American flag everyday.  The only racist flag flying at my house is much Skins flag below it.  I just thought it worth pointing out with the discussion regarding the lefts opinions on free speech and all.

1 minute ago, Rskins06 said:

Just so we are clear, SELLING confederate flags (as many in South do) is vastly different than a city (SC directly accused) displaying them throughout the streets.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The only head exploding is yours, bro.  And over an imagined scenario that didn't even actually occur.  

I'm sorry, you act like you know me?  You act like you know who I am, what I do and how I think and it is ok to come out and question my integrity?  You sit behind a little ****ing keyboard and come directly at people like your the moral authority on things!  It didn't occur?  Why?  Because you didn't see it?  Because it wasn't reported in the news?  Or was it just because you said so?

As to the HOA, it was allowed per the rules.  It was a call letting me know someone complained about it......oops, I forgot, you weren't there so it never happened.

2 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

I'm sorry, you act like you know me?  You act like you know who I am, what I do and how I think and it is ok to come out and question my integrity?  You sit behind a little ****ing keyboard and come directly at people like your the moral authority on things!  It didn't occur?  Why?  Because you didn't see it?  Because it wasn't reported in the news?  Or was it just because you said so?

As to the HOA, it was allowed per the rules.  It was a call letting me know someone complained about it......oops, I forgot, you weren't there so it never happened.

"Head exploding"

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That is one flag (a huge one though) flying over a FREAKING CONFEDERATE VETERANS MEMORIAL!!!!  what else were you expecting to see there?

I think the question was about were confederate flags are raised I made a point that there is a huge one in florida. What it's FREAKING for didn't matter in this context.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Are you referring to the state flag?

Would you care to produce something/anything that factually demonstrates that the city of San Francisco lawfully demands the flying of rainbow flags in opposition to the desires of their constituents?  Or are just still doing the old "vivid imagination>>>>>exploding head" schtick again?

7 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

You poor oppressed snowflake. So someone complained to your HOA and the HOA didn't make you take it down....man your life is terrible, the oppression is incredible...all because of Obama!

46 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I remeber being in San Francisco and seeing whole blocks full of rainbow flags flying in public property.  I wonder what would happen if a city a city flew confederate flags instead? 

Visit Ocean City during Car week ...I have never seen so many confederate flags, they were everywhere and on anything. On cars, bikinis, tshirts, cup holders, tattoos .... it was very bizarre. You know how OC puts the MD flag on every possible piece of merchandise, its was like that but with Confederate flags. 

Image result for "ocean city" confederate flag"

Good times .... right in our state. A mere 3.5 hour drive from our mecca of diversity that is the DMV area. 

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What exactly is your criteria and point?

If you are looking for major cities flying confederate flags, you probably aren't going to find that because city dwellers aren't interested as a large enough group to fly a symbol of treason and hate.

In rural America, it's pretty much everywhere. The drive to Shenandoah in VA, you are surprised when you drive by a house that isn't proudly displaying it. I remember my family would sometimes drive through rural PA on our way to Ohio because they thought the view was pretty. Again, it was a surprise when a house didn't have the confederate flag. And that isn't even the South.

1 minute ago, mrcunning15 said:

I think the question was about were confederate flags are raised I made a point that there is a huge one in florida. What it's FREAKING for didn't matter in this context.

If you'd like to get into the details of the question, then go back and read it.  We were talking about numerous flags ala San Francisco 

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Would you care to produce something/anything that factually demonstrates that the city of San Francisco lawfully demands the flying of rainbow flags in opposition to the desires of their constituents?  Or are just still doing the old "vivid imagination>>>>>exploding head" schtick again?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you confused me with someone else.  I don't think anyone has ever accused me of exploding head.  And what they lawfully require wasn't part of the discussion.  I was talking about city supported flag flYing.  Now I don't support what the confederate flag stands for.  You won't see won at my house.  Again, I was more making a point about WHT is acceptable for free speech depending on if the left agrees with it or not.

Just now, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Visit Ocean City during Car week ...I have never seen so many confederate flags, they were everywhere and on anything. On cars, bikinis, tshirts, cup holders, tattoos .... it was very bizarre. You know how OC puts the MD flag on every possible piece of merchandise, its was like that but with Confederate flags. 

Good times .... right in our state. A mere 3.5 hour drive from our mecca of diversity that is the DMV area. 

Again, I'm talking about city supported flying.  Is the town the one putting these flags everywhere?  If not, then it doesn't affect my point.  What private citizens wear, sell etc is up to them.

16 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

Are you upset that everyone is not upset that someone complained about your Nativity scene? What do you want to do start a religious war? I'm sorry people complain but it seems like you are finding some comfort or joy in this slight as it seems to reaffirm your worldview about SJW or what you deem reverse intolerance or whatever you want to conjure. Here's an idea, how about you talk to the individual and see what exactly the reason for the complaint was and maybe come to an understanding instead of just blaming it on SJW or your perceived notion of the left's intolerance

3 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Was having a discussion with someone a month or so ago. What's the difference between a Nazi swastika and a Confederate flag? Personally I see no difference.

Germans are actually embarrassed about that time in history and do not take pride in it. For all the southern pride BS why would you take pride in a war you lost. 

1 hour ago, Rskins06 said:

This is funny.  Had I said I was a married Gay couple and someone complained about my flag flown in my yard.  Most of you would fly into SJW rage, tell me to go after the people for being intolerant and then go into an anti-GOP rant about us being homophobic!  

However, because it happened to the other side, it is discounted as false, not real and impossible for such a tolerant group (progressives) to be so intolerant.  There is enough intolerance on both sides, whether you want to admit it or not.

but there can be no doubt that the level of whine about the assault on christmas is disproportionate to the actual incidences of affront...no?

(for the record, the godless muslims across the street from me never dared issue a peep about our creche... we have kept them sufficiently cowed)

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

What exactly is your criteria and point?

If you are looking for major cities flying confederate flags, you probably aren't going to find that because city dwellers aren't interested as a large enough group to fly a symbol of treason and hate.

In rural America, it's pretty much everywhere. The drive to Shenandoah in VA, you are surprised when you drive by a house that isn't proudly displaying it. I remember my family would sometimes drive through rural PA on our way to Ohio because they thought the view was pretty. Again, it was a surprise when a house didn't have the confederate flag. And that isn't even the South.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-rainbow-flags-fly-in-front-of-s-20160904-photo.html

Look at the picture in the article.  Now replace them when confederate flags.  Imagine the difference in reaction.  (I did not read the article.  I just got it for the picture because I don't know how to post pics here from my phone.)

The examples you are using are private citizens.  I don't care what they do.  I'm talking about state supported.  The point being how different things like free speech are done as long as someone agrees with the message.  I personally am against what the confederate flag has come to stand for (racism etc) and support what the rainbow flag stands for (gay rights).  But as a whole the left is fine with flags flying if they agree with the message but their heads explode if it's a message they don't agree with.

Archived