Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-rainbow-flags-fly-in-front-of-s-20160904-photo.html

Look at the picture in the article.  Now replace them when confederate flags.  Imagine the difference in reaction.  (I did not read the article.  I just got it for the picture because I don't know how to post pics here from my phone.)

The examples you are using are private citizens.  I don't care what they do.  I'm talking about state supported.  The point being how different things like free speech are done as long as someone agrees with the message.  I personally am against what the confederate flag has come to stand for (racism etc) and support what the rainbow flag stands for (gay rights).  But as a whole the left is fine with flags flying if they agree with the message but their heads explode if it's a message they don't agree with.

Here ya go.  What was your point again?

http://wspa.com/2016/04/01/confederate-flag-to-fly-at-sc-state-house-one-year-after-removal/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-rainbow-flags-fly-in-front-of-s-20160904-photo.html

Look at the picture in the article.  Now replace them when confederate flags.  Imagine the difference in reaction.  (I did not read the article.  I just got it for the picture because I don't know how to post pics here from my phone.)

The examples you are using are private citizens.  I don't care what they do.  I'm talking about state supported.  The point being how different things like free speech are done as long as someone agrees with the message.  I personally am against what the confederate flag has come to stand for (racism etc) and support what the rainbow flag stands for (gay rights).  But as a whole the left is fine with flags flying if they agree with the message but their heads explode if it's a message they don't agree with.

I don't think there is anything preventing states and localities from proudly displaying the confederate flag and several still are. I'm pretty sure Mississippi still does it.

The rights head explodes too when they see the rainbow flag. I'm pretty sure Alabama and Mississippi aren't going to be flying the rainbow flag outside their state houses.

Is your point one about public outrage? I really don't get it. 

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Yes.

Okay.  Just wanted to make sure we were talking g about the same thing.  Honestly I'm shocked their flag hasn't been changed.  But until it is I see it as them flying their state flag, not a confederate flag.  I honestly don't know what goes into changing a state flag so I don't know how much to hold it against them that it hasn't happened yet.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Reading is fundamental.  I have stated, several times now.  A city supporting MULTIPLE flags.  This is one flag.

Having been in San Francisco there were easily hundreds of flags (which I support, everyone seems to ignore that) on city property.  

My point is the left side outrage over one but not the other.  Now you could point out the right would probably freak over rainbow flags over the SC state building and you'd be right.  And I'd call them hypocrits.  I don't think it's any secret that I think the right are hypocrite and I don't think anyone here would argue that.  So if you'd like to just concede that the left are hypocrits also then we can just stop this discussion.  

Was the "lefts" freaking out over multiple flags or just one flag though? A flag that is deeply suited in racism, is tied to nearly every US racist group, and has a sordid history tied to treason?

The idea that the Rainbow flag (aka Freedom flag), which people know widely represents acceptance, love, and tolerance is somehow akin to the "conferedate flag" which people nowadays widely know represents states rights (slavery) and white pride is silly to me.

But I guess to each their own. 

___

A mistake*. Right.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article123092069.html

Trump supporter who insulted Obamas says it was a 'mistake'

A businessman who co-chaired the Trump campaign New York state says his recent derogatory statements about President Barack Obama and his wife weren't meant for publication but were nevertheless "inappropriate" and a "mistake."

In a statement first reported on Buffalo's WBEN radio, Carl Paladino said he intended his email response to a weekly alternative publication's survey to only go to a couple friends, not the newspaper itself. He says he mistakenly hit "reply" on his computer instead of "forward."

* A mistake is typing an email and using their instead of there. Or tommorrow instead of tomorrow. It isn't writing racist thoughts and then backtracking on them. 

Well of nothing else you have all.made my point.  You're fine with freedom of speech as long as it's speech you support. And I think my comparison and the fact that the two symbols represent two such totally different things made my point better.  It's really easy to support symbols y I u like.  The real test is can you support symbols you detest to the very core.

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My point is the left side outrage over one but not the other.  Now you could point out the right would probably freak over rainbow flags over the SC state building and you'd be right.  And I'd call them hypocrits.  I don't think it's any secret that I think the right are hypocrite and I don't think anyone here would argue that.  So if you'd like to just concede that the left are hypocrits also then we can just stop this discussion.  

Got it, everyone is a "hypocrit"...spellcheck much...except TheGreatBuzz.  Because comparing a rainbow flag to the flag of the KKK isn't  hippo-critical in the least.

Well of nothing else you have all.made my point.  You're fine with freedom of speech as long as it's speech you support. And I think my comparison and the fact that the two symbols represent two such totally different things made my point better.  It's really easy to support symbols y I u like.  The real test is can you support symbols you detest to the very core.

Also, he admits to "detesting" equal marriage rights "to the very core".  But, remember guys, this is a board of leftists.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is your point that everyone should support swastikas and confederate flags, no matter the meaning of those symbols? Or that no flag should be flown at all? 

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Do you really see no difference in opposition to  state sanctioned approval of symbols of hate versus the celebration of a symbol of equality and tolerance?

You really need to find a better analogue for the rainbow flag. 

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Got it, everyone is a "hypocrit"...spellcheck much...except TheGreatBuzz.  Because comparing a rainbow flag to the flag of the KKK isn't  hippo-critical in the least.

Sorry I'm on my phone eating my lunch with the other hand.  Care to address my actual point? 

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Do you really see no difference in opposition to  state sanctioned approval of symbols of hate versus the celebration of a symbol of equality and tolerance?

The problem is that some people don't see the hate in the confederate flag and will do all the mental gymnastics in the world to justify a more benign meaning of the flag. When you really study the Civil war the Lost Cause argument is straight bull****.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sorry I'm on my phone eating my lunch with the other hand.  Care to address my actual point? 

You equate marriage equality with white supremacy while keeping a straight face and declare anyone that disagrees a "hypocrit".  Your "point" is a glimpse into the darkest, foulest corners of human evil.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

I know the difference.  I also see that you have your opinions of which each flag represents (an opinion I happen to agree with) and others opinions don't matter.  I feel like this is a big part of why the left didn't do well in the election.  Everyone can have their own opinion as long as it matches ours.

But since you all get so hung up on the flag and miss the overall point, replace the confederate flag with the ten commandments.  Same argument.

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Also, he admits to "detesting" equal marriage rights "to the very core".  But, remember guys, this is a board of leftists.

Actually I was referring to the confederate flag and symbols I detest to the core.  But thanks for trying to paint me as a bigot.

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I know the difference.  I also see that you have your opinions of which each flag represents (an opinion I happen to agree with) and others opinions don't matter.  I feel like this is a big part of why the left didn't do well in the election.  Everyone can have their own opinion as long as it matches ours.

But since you all get so hung up on the flag and miss the overall point, replace the confederate flag with the ten commandments.  Same argument.

You seem to think that there are opinions associated with the symbolism of the confederate flag. It is a historical fact that it is a symbol of treason and racism. It is an opinion that it no longer represents those themes. I think it's more important that some on the right recognize this, than the left which seems to at least look at US history from a factual standpoint on this issue.

As far as the Ten Commandments, the courts seem to think displaying them on public structures violates sepraration of church and state so now you are entering a question of legality.

I personally have no problem with it as long as other religions aren't denied the same platform. And for what it's worth, the American right has no problem suppressing the religious freedoms of non-Christians and there are actual, legitimate cases of this throughout the country unlike your fictional scenario of a militant left preventing cities from flying "MULTIPLE" confederate flags.

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Was the "lefts" freaking out over multiple flags or just one flag though? A flag that is deeply suited in racism, is tied to nearly every US racist group, and has a sordid history tied to treason?

quit being so narrow minded and apologetic.  

... you know damned well that the bleeding heart commies get their panties in a wad over swastika flags too.     

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I feel like this is a big part of why the left didn't do well in the election.

Move some of those californian's into the midwest and it's not a problem. The left doesn't have a message problem it's a geography problem and a messagner problem (HRC)

9 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

****ing Donald Trump, bringing out the snowflakes from the wood works like crazy.... What the **** happened to this thread.... People now comparing the Rainbow flag to the confederate flag...... lol.... Yeah, I'm out

The right love's Identity politics, reverse racism, and victimhood. There's some really good material and books out there about white resentment now, i'll give the right credit they really know how to use policies that the left advocates for ie equality,tolerance, and inclusion and then turn it around on them as an attack on white people.

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

You seem to think that there are opinions associated with the symbolism of the confederate flag. It is a historical fact that it is a symbol of treason and racism. It is an opinion that it no longer represents those themes. I think it's more important that some on the right recognize this, than the left which seems to at least look at US history from a factual standpoint on this issue.

As far as the Ten Commandments, the courts seem to think displaying them on public structures violates sepraration of church and state so now you are entering a question of legality.

I personally have no problem with it as long as other religions aren't denied the same platform. And for what it's worth, the American right has no problem suppressing the religions freedoms of non-Christians and there are actual, legitimate cases of this throughout the country unlike your fictional scenario of a militant left preventing cities from flying "MULTIPLE" confederate flags.

The "opinion" to some at least has changed.  Funny thing about opinions are they can't be wrong.  I could make an argument that the crucifix is a symbol of hate.  But it means different things to different people.  Now their opinion may be uninformed but it is still their opinion.

Regarding the legality, I was more just discussing the morality and acceptability.

Now for opening it up to all religions, where do we draw the line?  We have different people that will draw it in different places and undoubtedly someone will be upset.  

@TheGreatBuzz you went the wrong way with the Confederate flag analogy. 

Here is a good example of that hypocrisy:

This GQ writer is still employed: 

80GGBT.png

This professor is still employed: 

http://m.imgur.com/L5eXEQU?r

This SNL writer is still employed: 

https://out.reddit.com/t3_55teqq?url=http%3A%2F%2Farchive.is%2FNiRJ4&token=AQAAAM1iWE7LV8SW5dOj11QQyc_IsP6DPzWgSx1-pIqT2KHkWnul&app_name=mweb2x

This woman lost her job. When she got reinstated after an ironclad wrongful termination case, people tried to get her job taken away again:

http://downtrend.com/71superb/white-woman-fired-for-calling-michelle-obama-an-ugly-black-****

Edit: side by side

https://postimg.org/image/u23dn4xdz/

6 minutes ago, mrcunning15 said:

The right love's Identity politics, reverse racism, and victimhood. There's some really good material and books out there about white resentment now, i'll give the right credit they really know how to use policies that the left advocates for ie equality,tolerance, and inclusion and then turn it around on them as an afront to white people.

Funny how many times I can say I support the rainbow flag and don't support the confederate flag but this is what the labeling comes down to. Tell you what, just keep this up and keep losing elections.  Or you could try actually listening.

@Weganator. I choose my example for a specific reason.  It gets a strong response.  But like I said the test of free speech isn't allowing something you agree with.  It's allowing something you are strongly against.

@TryTheBeal! since I need to be clear for you, I'm talking about hating racism here, not hating gay marriage.

4 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

In the past, I could proudly display a cross, a flag or any symbol in my front yard without fear.  Now, I have to worry about offending 1 person (not 1 group but 1 person) and being sued, or called intolerant or told not to push my religion on others.

Damn man. I'm sorry to hear that. What country are you in again? If you can ever escape, you should try to get to the U.S. We don't have that sort of problem here.

If that flag is a confederate flag or that cross is on fire, someone might call you intolerant but that's the price to pay to live in a free country. People don't have to like your views or keep quiet about it. They're free to express their opinions here just the same as you'd be free to express yours. You won't get sued though.

Archived