Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

At gunpoint you're forced to choose between spending a year on two message board threads, one endlessly rehashing the Trump / Hillary debate & the other, the Kirk / Robert debate.

Don't forget, there's also the gun option. 

I'm so done rehashing Trump/Hillary, I'd rather have a back and forth with Natonals uber fan Riggo#44 about Peter Angelos and MASN. Eat it Nats fans!! GO O's!!!

:headbang:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Not to derail but Stalin murdered more people than Hitler.

Sorry I used to think that too but there have been new historical findings. A few years back-  think within the last 10 years - Stalin's murder score was significantly  revised downward  Stalin went from #1 over all to #3 overall, Mao is now #1 while Hitler moved up to #2.

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It's nice to see our resident Limbaugh clones are already getting in their "not my guy" practice.  I expect we'll hear a whole lot of that over the next 4 years.

I challenge you to find one post from me that shows I was Trump fan.

6 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Your deflection gives you away. If Trump isn't your guy why do you feel the need to defend him? And your deflection, bringing up a past campaign and a past candidate in order to try to frame Trump in a way that makes him seem less dishonest is a defense of him. 

Deflection and defense of Trump? All I'm pointing out is that it is ridiculous to scream about Trump being a liar  when one was a huge fan of Hillary. And in none of my posts did I say Trump wasn't a liar.  I have no problem seeing non Hillary super fans criticizing Trump as a liar but when someone like LadySkinsfan does it that is the height of hypocrisy. 

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Deflection and defense of Trump? All I'm pointing out is that is is ridiculous to scream about Trump being a liar  when one was a huge fan of Hillary. And in none of my posts did I say Trump wasn't a liar.  I have no problem seeing non Hillary super fans criticizing Trump as a liar but when someone like LadySkinsfan does it that is the height of hypocrisy. 

Still doing it.

The funny (sad funny) thing is that Hillary Clinton was objectively among the most - if not THE most - truthful candidate, Republican or Democrat, in the 2016 election. Verifiable by Politifact. Yet if you tell that to a certain segment of the population, including anybody who willingly attended a Donald Trump rally, or anyone who tunes into Fox News for background noise, they would look at you like you were an alien life form. 

By the way, Donald Trump was far and away the most untruthful candidate in the 2016 election.   He had a Secretariat-like lead in that category.  Fact-checkers pulled some serious overtime trying to keep up.   

54 minutes ago, twa said:

Politifact is a bit biased, but Trump certainly lies like a dog 

Hillary lied to me when I employed her, Trump hasn't yet.

19 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Link?

Folks?  

You are attempting to argue facts with someone who, when it was pointed out that Donald Trump is the biggest liar in America, responded by saying that

1). He knows. 

2). He's cool with it. 

3). But Hillary wasn't PERFECT. 

4 hours ago, nonniey said:

Sorry I used to think that too but there have been new historical findings. A few years back-  think within the last 10 years - Stalin's murder score was significantly  revised downward  Stalin went from #1 over all to #3 overall, Mao is now #1 while Hitler moved up to #2.

Looked it up. You right.

1 hour ago, twa said:

Politifact is a bit biased, but Trump certainly lies like a dog 

Hillary lied to me when I employed her, Trump hasn't yet.

My man Kasich is the most truthful according to that chart. Palin, McCain, & Rand Paul are up there too.

Trump lied an awful lot during the job interview. He's even admitted to many of them while at the same time, putting out a new batch of BS during this interim period between getting hired and his first day on the job. I hope you aren't counting on him suddenly becoming honest after he's sworn in.

Trump has been such a professional liar his entire adult life that he - along with his "Art of the Deal" ghost writer Tony Schwartz - came up with a euphemism for his constant lying:

When Schwartz began writing “The Art of the Deal,” he realized that he needed to put an acceptable face on Trump’s loose relationship with the truth. So he concocted an artful euphemism. Writing in Trump’s voice, he explained to the reader, “I play to people’s fantasies. . . . People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and it’s a very effective form of promotion.” Schwartz now disavows the passage. “Deceit,” he told me, is never “innocent.” He added, “ ‘Truthful hyperbole’ is a contradiction in terms. It’s a way of saying, ‘It’s a lie, but who cares?’ ” Trump, he said, loved the phrase.

This was a telling statement from Schwartz as well:

“Trump stands for many of the things I abhor: his willingness to run over people, the gaudy, tacky, gigantic obsessions, the absolute lack of interest in anything beyond power and money.” 

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Folks?  

You are attempting to argue facts with someone who, when it was pointed out that Donald Trump is the biggest liar in America, responded by saying that

1). He knows. 

2). He's cool with it. 

3). But Hillary wasn't PERFECT. 

I have twa on ignore (three people in 13 years: JMS, chipwich and him). One less troll in these modern times of ours is always a plus in my book.

I was actually replying to nonniey and not to the larger argument (I'm late to the party) but specifically over his assertion that Politifact was "raked over the coals" for that exact chart. And I was (and am) genuinely curious as to whether there is indeed a legitimate beef with it. Of course I'd be lying if I said I expected such a link to actually exist but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask.

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Really?  Just go to Beitbart and you'll find it.

/sarcasm

Just got the chills.

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I have twa on ignore (three people in 13 years: JMS, chipwich and him). One less troll in these modern times of ours is always a plus in my book.

JMS and chipwhich are merely lesser trolls. Anybody can come onto a message board, act like an idiot, and hurl sophomoric insults. They were easily dismissed. twa is Dovregubben, the troll king. He's actually good at what he does.

edit: Except against me. I give him a lot of matchup problems.... Plus I got mind control over twa.

12 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

My man Kasich is the most truthful according to that chart. Palin, McCain, & Rand Paul are up there too.

Trump lied an awful lot during the job interview. He's even admitted to many of them while at the same time, putting out a new batch of BS during this interim period between getting hired and his first day on the job. I hope you aren't counting on him suddenly becoming honest after he's sworn in.

Problem that has been pointed out about Politifact is they skew their analysis by omitting data (lies in this case) on candidates to show they lie less  -ie if a Republican for example makes 150 statements that seem dubious they will analyze all 150  if a democrat made 100 they will analyze about 4 of them - then may come up with a stat (this is an example) this Republican made 35 untruthful claims while this Democrat only made 2.  CNN's Reliable sources had a story on this over the summer.  Most of Hillary's caught in the act outright lies were not analyzed by Politifact nor included their chart  (IE her E Mail claims or her claim  to have been shot at were examples of claims not reflected in that Chart).

So although I like Kasich you really can't go by Politifact to show how honest or dishonest he is. It is an unreliable source.

Archived