Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

12 hours ago, Larry said:

Folks?  

You are attempting to argue facts with someone who, when it was pointed out that Donald Trump is the biggest liar in America, responded by saying that

1). He knows. 

2). He's cool with it. 

3). But Hillary wasn't PERFECT. 

You got #1 right but missed the boat (Which is par for course for you) on the next two.  All I pointed out was why a poster who has shown they have no issues with lies really should not be complaining about a politician lying.

I've never been happy with Trump and have been a strong critic of him on this board - so for example If I criticized Hillary for lying I wouldn't be the least bit hypocritical. Now when a Hillary superfan criticized Trump for being a liar that poster didn't have a leg to stand on . I was pointing out the latter. 

16 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Problem that has been pointed out about Politifact is they skew their analysis by omitting data (lies in this case) on candidates to show they lie less  -ie if a Republican for example makes 150 statements that seem dubious they will analyze all 150  if a democrat made 100 they will analyze about 4 of them - then may come up with a stat (this is an example) this Republican made 35 untruthful claims while this Democrat only made 2.  CNN's Reliable sources had a story on this over the summer.  Most of Hillary's caught in the act outright lies were not analyzed by Politifact nor included their chart  (IE her E Mail claims or her claim  to have been shot were examples of claims not reflected in that Chart).

So although I like Kasich you really can't go by Politifact to show how honest or dishonest he is. It is an unreliable source.

Do you have a link or should I just take your word? I'm not calling you a lair but you know Trust but verify.

27 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You got #1 right but missed the boat (Which is par for course for you) on the next two.  All I pointed out was why a poster who has shown they have no issues with lies really should not be complaining about a politician lying. 

I get what you're saying but at the same time, if you tell me who you voted for it'll take me 5 minutes to give you a list of their lies. Some lie more often and more blatantly than others but they all lie at times.

41 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Problem that has been pointed out about Politifact is they skew their analysis by omitting data (lies in this case) on candidates to show they lie less  -ie if a Republican for example makes 150 statements that seem dubious they will analyze all 150  if a democrat made 100 they will analyze about 4 of them - then may come up with a stat (this is an example) this Republican made 35 untruthful claims while this Democrat only made 2.

Yeah, that chart didn't influence the way I feel about anyone. I can see and hear and use my brain to know that Kasich is generally an honest, stand-up guy and that Donald Trump is not.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/chuck-schumer-mitch-mcconnell-trump-cabinet-picks-233035

Schumer set to clash with McConnell over Trump's Cabinet

The Democratic leader is demanding more disclosures from the president-elect's picks.

By Burgess Everett

12/29/16 03:41 PM EST

Updated 12/29/16 04:14 PM EST

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Chuck Schumer and Mitch McConnell are heading for a showdown over Donald Trump's Cabinet.

Schumer, who will become Senate minority leader next week, has privately indicated to McConnell that Democrats may not be willing to go along with quick confirmations for Trump’s nominees if the Senate majority leader’s caucus doesn’t meet several demands, according to sources in both parties familiar with the matter. Schumer is insisting on certain financial disclosures from Trump’s picks as well as an assurance on the timing and length of hearings.

This is going to be AWESOME!  Better than anything else on TV.

7 hours ago, nonniey said:

Problem that has been pointed out about Politifact is they skew their analysis by omitting data (lies in this case) on candidates to show they lie less  

Most of Hillary's caught in the act outright lies were not analyzed by Politifact nor included their chart  (IE her E Mail claims or her claim  to have been shot at were examples of claims not reflected in that Chart).

Maybe you should get a "pants on fire" rating for that post.

Politifact has, in fact, done a whole slew of articles on the Clinton emails.  Here's a sample:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/19/politifact-sheet-hillary-clintons-email-controvers/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/oct/30/hillary-clintons-latest-email-controversy-what-we-/

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/article/2016/nov/22/whats-known-not-known-hillary-clintons-emails/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/31/hillary-clinton/fact-checking-hillary-clintons-claim-her-email-pra/

They wrote about Clinton's Bosnia sniper statement way back in 2008, and gave it a pants on fire rating:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/mar/25/hillary-clinton/video-shows-tarmac-welcome-no-snipers/

They revisited the issue in June, when Trump brought it up during a debate:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/22/donald-trump/trump-clinton-bosnia-sniper-story/

I've read criticism of Politifact, including a blog called Politifact Bias, and most of the criticism seems to nibble at the edges. Politifact spells out how they decide what to research here:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/nov/01/principles-politifact-punditfact-and-truth-o-meter/

It's not a perfect system by any means. But they've laid out, openly, their process and criteria. 

But I would welcome a link from you showing how they got "raked over the coals" for the chart posted earlier.

In the meantime, Donald Trump has been the most prolific liar in the history of American politics. And, likely, in the history of American business.  He made it a cornerstone of his business model  - "Truthful hyperbole." And now he's President of the United States.

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

Marching bands are kind of cool, now if we see tanks paraded down the street and thousands of people carrying giant posters with Trump's face on them...then we should probably start freaking out.  

Eh, seems normal.

23 minutes ago, visionary said:

Actually I guess it is kind of concerning that he says, "enemies" and not "people who disagree with me"

Concerning?!?!

Trump is a petulant child and a crowd or morons elected him because their small minds could grasp the concept of false equivalency.

I hope EVERY day that people work tirelessly to remove this disgrace from our national history as fast as possible.

The dunces on the Right say that we're butt hurt because we lost, that only proves their ignorance. We're genuinely pissed off that a petulant adolescent has been elected as POTUS, and we're scared to death that nearly half the country thinks that Trump is good for our country.

You've handed the keys to the car to a drunk driver and you're cheering your victory. 

Meanwhile the majority of the country thinks you are stupid.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

He just pissed off the majority of electorate.

"Just"?

Also, he can piss off everyone for 2 years, at a minimum, and 4 in totality (or, heaven forbid, 8), unless the GOPers in Congress look deep within themselves and find their patriotic spirit and actually impeach his anus.

I'm not holding my breath.

Archived