Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So what am I missing then because it sounds different to me.  (not doubting you, I honestly don't get it.)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/politics/office-of-congressional-ethics-oversight-of-ethics-committee-amendment/

It sounds to me like the "bipartisan group" they are wanting to take power away from is anything but bipartisan.  It sounds to me like this may help get rid of some of the political based witch hunts.

EDIT:  Hate to hear Kelly is leaving.  She is the only person on that channel I had any respect for.

Bipartisan is the wrong word, its a non-partisan group. (independent) 

In this case, that's a big difference, as the official ethics committee is truly a bipartisan, 5-5 split committee that obviously can't do much if every vote comes down to a 5-5 tie. 

The wapo article explains it better: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/01/02/house-republicans-vote-to-rein-in-independent-ethics-office/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_houseethics833pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.c973fa1364ab

You're probably not wrong overall as I doubt any government ethics or oversight committee actually does anything its intended to do, but this is clearly about transparency and dirty laundry type stuff.  

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Outside of disdain for brown people, I don't think Trump and the ironically named Brownback have much in common from an ideological standpoint. Brownback is a Koch financed Ayn Rand plus Jesus ideologue. Trump is a showman who says anything but believes in nothing other than his own superiority. Trump isn't going to scale back government; indeed, he is much more likely to exceed W's back-breaking record exponential growth of the federal government. He can't possibly deliver any relief to the coal and steel industries like he promised, so he will waste billions on roads to nowhere in places like WV, PA, and WI. The massive infrastructure stimulus the GOP prevented Obama from passing will be replaced and passed by a far more bloated version.

It's going to be fun when his trade war with China results in the taxpayer getting a bill for 1.1 billion bushels of soybeans in the 2018 Farm Bill (aka Make Iowa Great Again Act).

So, the last few minutes of MSNBC were interesting...news had just come across that Hillary & Bill will attend the inauguration. 

Hugh Hewitt (God love him) went on about how terrible it must have been for them to attend Barack's.  I literally screamed at the TV, "At least they knew he could THINK, comprehend, and evaluate situations!"

Sorry, lost it for a second there.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Mattis reportedly got Trump to (at least temporarily) reconsider his position on torture in one conversation.

I want that man in the room with Trump at all times.  Maybe find a smell Trump associates with his dad and slather Mattis in it.

Visionary,

If written as this article presents, that provision is scary to me. The party of constitutional rights (thrown into our faces when it suits) sure likes do things that slap in the face of that talking point. As nutty as Ron Paul comes across, these are the kinds of things he's campaigned about and warned us about for many years. I wish these kinds of things would anger the populace with a demand to change it. However, so many people are disengaged and ignorant as to what goes on within politics to even care. As long as we don't kill babies, take away guns, protect trees, etc.; people seem satisfied. This kind of stuff is more worrisome to me.

9 minutes ago, visionary said:
Interesting tweet

Added Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn of Texas: “The Senate can stay in session around the clock; we can stay through the weekend. If [Democrats] want to stay here and demonstrate that they’re obstructionists rather than try to work in good faith … then I think they’ll pay a price for that.”

Now Repubs are saying the Dems should act in good faith .... I really need Jon Stewart to come back. 

52 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

:hitfan:

I would bet that there's been legislation proposed, to do that, in pretty much every legislative session.  

(And that's not even counting the one that I believe is current US law, mandating that the US must defund the UN if they vote to recognize Palestine.)  

If it actually goes anywhere, then it's news.  

@Larry good post, didn't know that. Looked it up and found this: http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/31/world/meast/unesco-palestinian-membership/

The lawmakers cited U.S. law, which states that funds must be denied to any organization granting the Palestine Liberation Organization "the same standing as member states."

Its a stretch, but considering the state of tort law and politics these days, anything is possible.

Archived