Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

On 12/30/2016 at 8:37 AM, Boo-urns said:

Do you have a link or should I just take your word? I'm not calling you a lair but you know Trust but verify.

Here you go (third one below gives and interesting contrast/example between Sanders stating something and being rated mostly true and Trump stating the same thing and being rated mostly false)

http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/16/running-data-politifact-shows-bias-conservatives/

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2013/05/28/study-finds-fact-checkers-biased-against-republicans

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-25/politifact-apparently-even-facts-are-subjective-and-based-party-affiliation

44 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Here you go (third one below gives and interesting contrast/example between Sanders stating something and being rated mostly true and Trump stating the same thing and being rated mostly false)

Granted, they didn't say the same thing.  

For one thing, Trump left out one word which is really important, thus changing one statistic into a different one.)  

But more importantly, the two similar sentences were not being used to make the same point.  (The broader sense of "what the two were saying".)  

Bernie was saying "The 'true unemployment rate' for black youth is 51%, therefore our economy is still discriminating against blacks".  A statement which is true.  

Donnie was saying "The '(true, but I left out the word true, because it sounds scarier if I leave it off) unemployment rate for black youth is 59%, therefore Obama has ruined our economy, and made it terrible".  At a time when unemployment was actually better than our historic average.  (In fact, near historic lows.)  A statement which is false.  

There was a time recently when I was thinking about switching to democrat.  I don't agree with all their positions but I don't agree with all right positions either.  What really pissed me off was how the right was determined to not give Obama a chance before he even took office.  Now I see the left is no different.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

There was a time recently when I was thinking about switching to democrat.  I don't agree with all their positions but I don't agree with all right positions either.  What really pissed me off was how the right was determined to not give Obama a chance before he even took office.  Now I see the left is no different.

Come join my party.

---

Edit: But I don't blame anyone who thinks Trump is an idiot and a national disgrace. Am I willing to give him a chance? I guess that I'm willing to give anyone a chance. If a former gang leader & drug dealer starts trying to help his community, he can change my opinion of him. Trump can change my opinion of him just the same if he starts acting like the President of the United States instead of a petulant, insecure, self-serving 12 year-old but I'm not going to forget the last 18 months or pretend like I'm not seeing all of the childish, irresponsible things he does or says every week.

So to say that viewing PEOTUS Obama as a certain failure is the same thing as viewing PEOTUS Trump as a certain failure, really isn't fair. If I was making a bet, I'd say that history will view Trump as a failure. That's not because he is a Republican (he's not) or because of the way he looks. It's because his words and actions indicate to me that he is an incompetent ass.

---

Double edit: There are left-wing folks on this board and elsewhere who definitely are over the top & unreasonable though. I would advise not identifying yourself as belonging to either party. Take the humans that currently live on this planet out of the equation, neither one is better than the other as far as policy & core values. It's the people who think that the other side is idiotic or refuse to work together, or prioritize the struggle for power over the good of the country that are the problem.

38 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Come join my party.

---

Edit: But I don't blame anyone who thinks Trump is an idiot and a national disgrace. Am I willing to give him a chance? I guess that I'm willing to give anyone a chance. If a former gang leader & drug dealer starts trying to help his community, he can change my opinion of him. Trump can change my opinion of him just the same if he starts acting like the President of the United States instead of a petulant, insecure, self-serving 12 year-old but I'm not going to forget the last 18 months or pretend like I'm not seeing all of the childish, irresponsible things he does or says every week.

So to say that viewing PEOTUS Obama as a certain failure is the same thing as viewing PEOTUS Trump as a certain failure, really isn't fair. If I was making a bet, I'd say that history will view Trump as a failure. That's not because he is a Republican (he's not) or because of the way he looks. It's because his words and actions indicate to me that he is an incompetent ass.

---

Double edit: There are left-wing folks on this board and elsewhere who definitely are over the top & unreasonable though. I would advise not identifying yourself as belonging to either party. Take the humans that currently live on this planet out of the equation, neither one is better than the other as far as policy & core values. It's the people who think that the other side is idiotic or refuse to work together, or prioritize the struggle for power over the good of the country that are the problem.

Good right up.  I'd respond with an intelligent response but it's an hour to midnight and I'm a out about a bar and drunk as **** and I camt.  All hail the knew reight

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Completely untrue. Lawmakers have already talked about issues they would work with Trump on starting with infrastructure spending. Nothing like that was even considered by the GOP when Obama took office. 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

ROTFLMAO!!!

Equating Obama and Trump is the funniest thing I've heard all year! Granted it's only an hour in, but REALLY that's freaking goofy, to pretend that the objections are the same. Yet another innocent victim of the failure to comprehend false equivalency.

47 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Good right up.  I'd respond with an intelligent response but it's an hour to midnight and I'm a out about a bar and drunk as **** and I camt.  All hail the knew reight

Favorited!!!

58 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Completely untrue. Lawmakers have already talked about issues they would work with Trump on starting with infrastructure spending. Nothing like that was even considered by the GOP when Obama took office. 

False

51 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

ROTFLMAO!!!

Equating Obama and Trump is the funniest thing I've heard all year! Granted it's only an hour in, but REALLY that's freaking goofy, to pretend that the objections are the same. Yet another innocent victim of the failure to comprehend false equivalency.

Favorited!!!

Also false

42 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Those two posts you quoted were only an hour apart. My man must have been double fisting, throwing them back like a champ :-)

Imy a sailor and a Chief.  We Double fist pony pictures of Jack and coke.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

You already said you were drunk, so I'll just assume this is some cheap white lable Dollar Store hooch talking.

Actually it's Jack.

And I wasn't equating Obama and Trump but their supporters and the desire to not let anything get done.  And the assumption that they are evil.  Just total partisan. Crap.   Hope that made sense.  I'm catching an Uber now.  Talk more later.

6 hours ago, Hersh said:

They approved record spending levels

23 minutes ago, twa said:

They approved record spending levels

So, you're attempting to support a claim that the Dems refused to cooperate with Trump, by accusing them of cooperating too much?  

(No, I don't know why I'm bothering to point out that Republican conversation doesn't make sense.)

13 hours ago, nonniey said:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/16/running-data-politifact-shows-bias-conservatives/

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2013/05/28/study-finds-fact-checkers-biased-against-republicans

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-25/politifact-apparently-even-facts-are-subjective-and-based-party-affiliation

On 12/30/2016 at 0:05 PM, Dan T. said:

I've read criticism of Politifact, including a blog called Politifact Bias, and most of the criticism seems to nibble at the edges. Politifact spells out how they decide what to research here:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/nov/01/principles-politifact-punditfact-and-truth-o-meter/

It's not a perfect system by any means. But they've laid out, openly, their process and criteria. 

Even politifactbias.com, a blog dedicated to exposing politifact, says that federalist study is dumb. (apparently its biased if they count the same lie said multiple times as multiple lies) If Clinton said a lie once, like the sniper fire lie, it should count more. because reasons. 

The GM study simply tallies up all the totals of politifact in its history and presents the results, there's no analysis. 

Now, do I personally think politifact is biased? Probably, because wtf is politifact? Just something started by some person. Its probably biased as ****. However if you asked me do Republicans lie more then Democrats, I'd say, absolutely, because the dumbest of the right are way more active in main-stream politics and actively listen more. If I go to the most uneducated, dumb-****, rural, trailer-park, meth-country America, I'm probably going to see Fox News on somewhere and hear some conservative talk radio. On the flip side, if I'm in the projects; gangland, urban America, no one's watching MSNBC and listening to NPR.

Archived