Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

I don't think defeat has anything to do with it.  Losing is normal.  This time It's about who won and fears of what he and his cabinet will do.  Mainly uncertainty in regards to Trump (something he seems to cultivate) and fear that his cabinet will roll back a lot of progress made on a number of issues.

7 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Sure, go with that and you will continue to misunderstand the outrage. I wonder how much folks on the Right even care that they misunderstand or if it's just easier to believe the myth.

Sounds like what the Left does with the Rights opinions on well......everything.

While entirely on point and relevant here, I acknowledge that posting this is akin to putting a note in a bottle and throwing it into the sea

.........This search led him to create a word for the study of deliberate propagation of ignorance: agnotology.

It comes from agnosis, the neoclassical Greek word for ignorance or ‘not knowing’, and ontology, the branch of metaphysics which deals with the nature of being. Agnotology is the study of wilful acts to spread confusion and deceit, usually to sell a product or win favour......

.......Proctor explains that ignorance can often be propagated under the guise of balanced debate. For example, the common idea that there will always be two opposing views does not always result in a rational conclusion.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160105-the-man-who-studies-the-spread-of-ignorance

32 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sounds like what the Left does with the Rights opinions on well......everything.

That's just not factual at all. We keep asking people on the right what they want and what they stand for and we get nothing but slogans. We ask for reasons behind cheering on an arms race and we get crickets. 

People on the left keep explaining what the issues are and why as far as what they fear will

happen. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

That's just not factual at all. We keep asking people on the right what they want and what they stand for and we get nothing but slogans. We ask for reasons behind cheering on an arms race and we get crickets. 

Thats because you are talking to people like TWA.  I've done my best to answer any questions and explain positions whenever asked and I have time.  Though some people get confused because I don't automatically tow the party line.  There aren't a whole lot of conservatives here to answer questions so that's partly why you end up with the type of answers you get.  But it's also partly because you (meaning the left in general) hear the parts that you want to hear or write off their concerns as unfounded.  Now it is possible their concerns are unfounded but that doesn't change that it is a concern.  But it's more fun to mock them then have a reasonable discussion.  Just look at the gun control thread.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thats because you are talking to people like TWA.  I've done my best to answer any questions and explain positions whenever asked and I have time.  Though some people get confused because I don't automatically tow the party line.  There aren't a whole lot of conservatives here to answer questions so that's partly why you end up with the type of answers you get.  But it's also partly because you (meaning the left in general) hear the parts that you want to hear or write off their concerns as unfounded.  Now it is possible their concerns are unfounded but that doesn't change that it is a concern.  But it's more fun to mock them then have a reasonable discussion.  Just look at the gun control thread.

I was being more general as well and not talking about you specifically and it doesn't just pertain to this board. 

If a concern is unfounded, like Trump's total garbage claim that Hillary wanted to get rid of the 2nd amendment, what exactly would you like people on the left to do? We said over and over again that it wasn't true. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I was being more general as well and not talking about you specifically and it doesn't just pertain to this board. 

If a concern is unfounded, like Trump's total garbage claim that Hillary wanted to get rid of the 2nd amendment, what exactly would you like people on the left to do? We said over and over again that it wasn't true. 

I thought you more meant conservatives on this board and figured I had to speak up since I am about 25% of that population.  I apoligize.  

But just using the 2nd as an example, I think only crazies think the left is literally going to come take our guns, though it happened in Australia so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility.  But the left has said they want to curtail gun rights beyond what many of us are comfortable with.  And there has been more than a few on the left that have said the 2nd should be repealed.  So let's not act like it's completely unfounded concern.  Just mostly.  Of course the reason it won't happen isn't because it's wrong, but because the biggest lobby in the world is on "our" side.  

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

q

Well, I suppose it's marginally better than him skipping intelligence briefings, and getting them from Russia. 

Maybe. 

(I don't think Russia is trying to manipulate us into a war). 

Archived