Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

11 hours ago, btfoom said:

By the way, see the intelligent response from ASF - Trump is simple the 'orange moron'. Yes, that is a highly intelligent response that is "Amazing.  Simply Amazing.  Or maybe Sadly, it's not."

Like I said, re-read this thread and see what side is going bat-crazy.

You want a rational response from us after you gloatingly parade the fact that you elected a catastrophic moron for President.

You on the Right say that you love Trump because he says it like it is, then you hear the isane things Trump says and you immediately unsay what he actuallys says.

You are exhibiting classic codependency. Why you're so attached to this narcissist is clear, he sold you a bill of goods and you decided that because you spent a long time making this purchase then you had better commit to it fully. Now, the only choice you have is to justify everything he says because if you didn't then you'd have to face the fact that you made a mistake. 

7 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

Well, that just got a little weird!  What exactly is a hectofraction?  Is that a smaller fraction of a smaller fraction?   

It's the new math from Mexico that the liberals are going to force your children to learn.  Part of their War on Integers.  

The left is so afraid a President Trump will be successful it clouds many  brains.   He isn't even swarm in yet and has already showed more leadership than the sitting President.  Ask Israel this morning of what they think about our 2 faced President!  The narcissist you speak of is the current sitting President, the one who truly sold this country a bill of goods and has somehow convinced some he did a good job.

If he has done such a good job, why then, under his watch (leader of the Democratic Party), you lost the Senate, the House, a majority of governors, etc.. He did so well, 80% of the BS he sold is going to be returned on 21 Jan 2017 by the incoming President.  The GOP will be thanking him for years to come.  

Please don't blame the GOP for his failures, we have examples throughout history of Presidents being able to govern effectively working with the opposing party.  

I have no idea what kind of President Donald Trump is going to be, no one does.  He may fail (as some of you would like) or he may be good.  He will be judged accordingly and either be reelected or one and done.

6 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

The left is so afraid a President Trump will be successful it clouds many  brains.   He isn't even swarm in yet and has already showed more leadership than the sitting President.  Ask Israel this morning of what they think about our 2 faced President!  The narcissist you speak of is the current sitting President, the one who truly sold this country a bill of goods and has somehow convinced some he did a good job.

If he has done such a good job, why then, under his watch (leader of the Democratic Party), you lost the Senate, the House, a majority of governors, etc.. He did so well, 80% of the BS he sold is going to be returned on 21 Jan 2017 by the incoming President.  The GOP will be thanking him for years to come.  

Please don't blame the GOP for his failures, we have examples throughout history of Presidents being able to govern effectively working with the opposing party.  

I have no idea what kind of President Donald Trump is going to be, no one does.  He may fail (as some of you would like) or he may be good.  He will be judged accordingly and either be reelected or one and done.

In Syria they have the white helmets. Are you part of the tinfoil helmets of America? 

5 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

The left is so afraid a President Trump will be successful it clouds msny brains.   He isn't even swarm in yet and has already showed more leadership than the sitting President.  Ask Israel this morning of what they think about our 2 faced President!  The narcissist you speak of is the current sitting President, the one who truly sold this country a bill of goods and has somehow convinced some he did a good job.

If he has done such a good job, why then, under his watch (leader of the Democratic Party), you lost the Senate, the House, a majority of governors, etc.. He did so well, 80% of the BS he sold is going to be returned on 21 Jan 2016 by the incoming President.  The GOP will be thanking him for years to come.  

Pro-tip...going hard to the right doesn't make everyone left of you "the left".  This board is primarily centrist/right that leans left on social issues - "compassionate conservatism" as Bush 1 once said.  We only have one "Bernie Bro" and we go at him harder than we go at you.  Over the last year, you can probably count the Huff Post links on one hand.

Just putting that out there for your consideration.  It's a radical thought, I know.

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Pro-tip...going hard to the right doesn't make everyone left of you "the left".  This board is primarily centrist/right that leans left on social issues - "compassionate conservatism" as Bush 1 once said.  We only have one "Bernie Bro" and we go at him harder than we go at you.  Over the last year, you can probably count the Huff Post links on one hand.

Just putting that out there for your consideration.  It's a radical thought, I know.

I'm sorry but I gotta jump in here.  I don't think I'm "hard right" but I definetly consider this boars to be left leaning.  Not super hard left but definetly left.  

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm sorry but I gotta jump in here.  I don't think I'm "hard right" but I definetly consider this boars to be left leaning.  Not super hard left but definetly left.  

I agree but that's because the right has shifted further right causing normal centrist GOP members to now lean left by comparison.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Youve been around here for a while and you're a pretty smart dude, would you care to list a number of "far-left" positions that the majority of forum members endorse?

19 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I just think his "two-faced" President thing is hilarious! When dealing with Israel if only the Right could learn the lesson from Dumbledore:

3d3e41ecdbbbef7d131bd95d7077dfd5.jpg

Unfortunately, the only people the Right seem unconditionally loyal to is Israel and Russia. Europe can go get bent as far as the Right is concerned.

The irony is that Trump supporters see him as this great negotiator but they want him to cave in Israel as fast as possible. 

40 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Youve been around here for a while and you're a pretty smart dude, would you care to list a number of "far-left" positions that the majority of forum members endorse?

What is it with people not reading lately?  Point to where I said "far-left".  I didn't.

I'd actually describe it as between slightly left to moderately left.  Now I think Hersh made a good point above as to why it seems that way.  But that doesn't change the fact.

14 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The irony is that Trump supporters see him as this great negotiator but they want him to cave in Israel as fast as possible. 

Cave?!

No they want a President to rubber stamp and give full throated support for Israel regardless of what they do or what peace accords they violate. And makd no mistake, the settlements are a violation of the peace accord Israel agreed to, but since no one bothers to read history, and since treaties are just tissue paper, and facts don't exist then I can see why the Right acts this way. Add yo that the religious reasons why so many want unfettered support for Israel and it's easy to see that they just don't give a damn about pretending to want a peace settlement in the Middle East. They just want their way for their version of god.

Interesting................ again

This is what fullblown tribalism looks like, the very thing America has stood against for its entire existence, the very thing that wracks the world and denies peace across the majority of its span. Tribalism. Us vs them. The unquestioned us standing against the unrelenting barbarian horde of them.

Its all subjective but IMO this board is and has been overwhelmingly "left" forever, so much so that I rarely if ever even joined into most conversations, you just knew automatically which way it was going to go, although there was always a wide spectrum represented.

The subjective "right" is cast as a monolithic group as well, even here you can see quite a range in opinions if you are willing to see it, but its easier to just lump em all together and open fire. Myself included tbh, God knows I have taken quite few cheap shots lately. Felt justified each and every time but still, cheap.

A nasty business it is, as active and passionate as these threads have been I would have to wonder about anyone that characterized it as fun. There are a few of course, wetting themselves at the opportunity to take a victory lap and rub peoples faces in it against all facts or reality, but be honest, they are a sparse and spare minority of opinion, the same way those that are actively hoping for disastrous results to teach the other tribe a lesson are a small group.

I see hopeful righties giving the benefit of the doubt that something good will come from this, and I see pained and worried lefties concerned about the fallout from what has already been suggested. The poking and prodding from both at each other gives rise to a lot of heat, a lot of invective (again, a lot from me as well) but I still believe that the vast majority wants to see a better future, even when they disagree what that means.

What turns my crank is the intellectual dishonesty on display, the unabashed lying being spewed forth, in service of nothing more than those tribal instincts that will utterly kill anyones chances or definitions of a better future. I do not honestly think that half the country wants the other half dead, and find those sentiments reciprocated, but the more this caveman tribal bull**** continues and worsens, the closer we get to that.

I find it pretty easy to ignore a twa troll job or btfooms...... whatever the hell that is, what is not so easy is dismissing a tshile post making sense or an rskins opinion put out in a mature and thoughtful fashion. In the same way I completely "get' LSF's very real fears and ASFs positions, there is genuine concern on the soi disant "left" that the very foundations of our democracy are under attack and may crumble simply because a well monied cabal sees an opportunity for short term gain. I don't have to agree with anyone to appreciate a rational expression of opinion on either side. My concern is that we are becoming all side with no center.

I don't know where this is leading, I have my own fears and doubts and I honestly think those expecting some golden ticket tour are in for a shock, but as a student of history this I do know. This toxic venomous tribalism will destroy us all, the left, the right, the urban, the rural, the white, the black, the all of the above, as sure as any Russian nukes. This is really the abyss we face, the war of us vs them -no matter how you define the sides- can and will end this nation and any hope for anything.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What is it with people not reading lately?  Point to where I said "far-left".  I didn't.

I'd actually describe it as between slightly left to moderately left.  Now I think Hersh made a good point above as to why it seems that way.  But that doesn't change the fact.

Alright, let's try again...

I offered that the majority of the posters on this board were centrists on most issues and leaned to the left on social issues (hardly a defining attribute of "the left").  You disagreed and opined that this board was 'definitely left".  Can you offer anything to support that opinion?

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Alright, let's try again...

I offered that the majority of the posters on this board were centrists on most issues and leaned to the left on social issues (hardly a defining attribute of "the left").  You disagreed and opined that this board was 'definitely left".  Can you offer anything to support that opinion?

You actually said centrist to right I believe.  But you want a non social issue that this board isn't "right" on?  Easy.

Military spending.

Archived