Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

In a shocking twist, rather than bringing a viking battle ax with him, Mulvaney brought doughnuts for the staff.

image.png.c7a6274915e7ff4994855b4d31a8b1ff.png

Cue the left-wing boycott of Dunkin'.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Just yall wait until Christmas and that Egg Nog kicks in. 

Over under he will compare how innocent he is re: Russia to the innocence of baby Jesus? 

I am frankly extremely surprised that he hasn't ignited the all-out WAR ON CHRISTMAS yet.  He's only kind of mentioned it in passing.  

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

To the vast majority of his voters it wouldn't matter at all because feelings are more important than facts. It doesn't matter if the founding fathers talked about how important a free press is and it doesn't matter if dictators immediately work to delegitimize the free press. Just like it didn't matter that the guy (Trump) they felt like was championing their causes of America first actually used imported steel, had all his brands made over seas, hired immigrants, etc. It doesn't matter if Trump shows how ignorant he is on every issue facing this country or how many times he lies, it's the way he says things that make people feel good.

It truly is amazing that they support a POTUS that won't hesitate to totally **** all over them if it served his own financial interests. 

You're right. For those people, rational discussion or facts won't matter, because it's about how they feel.

That's why you need a candidate who has a strong grasp on logic and emotion (Hillary wasn't it). It's not hard for someone who has actually dealt with real **** in life to make Trump look like the **** he is and that's what these people need to see. They don't care if he's wrong or an asshole, but if you show him to be a weak ass, punk ****, they will leave him.

2 hours ago, tshile said:

It is a weird sort of realization when you take in how screwed up something is a why, and the path it's headed down. Then ask yourself what realistic options there are to change that path; realistic being the key word there. 

It makes you reevaluate what your morals are, and what the purpose of morals are to begin with. What do you do when the solution, not the best solution but the only realistic solution, violates your morals or what you've been raised to believe is wrong? What if the problem you're solving is a matter of life of death? Or the preservation of society? It's easy to answer on morals when it's your happiness or well being or something else that's trivial in the grander sense of your life or even the world. Not so easy when the stakes are significantly higher...

I view terrorism in the same light as I do our current political situation. I don't see an option that works that doesn't seriously challenge traditional or current morals.

Be careful here, one of the things we have to guard against when it comes to pressure and stress is how it effects our creativity and our likelihood to take the least path of resistance. Short-cuts and quick solutions are a large part of why we are on this path in the first place. A lot of the problems we face in society can't be fixed with short-term solutions, they need long-term deep change and when we ignore that fact and only look for quick solutions it leads us towards choices that sacrifice character. How you win is just as important as whether or not you win. The longer, harder road is the better road and often the only road when it comes to deep, sustainable change.

The purpose of morals is a passion of mine, because I've spent parts of my life without any at all, and then realized how hollow that makes you and began building who I am and what I stand for from the ground-up from purely rational and pragmatic reasons. When you do that you learn things, like how freedom isn't freedom at all, but anomie when it isn't paired with responsibility. How "evil" is weakness, because it always stems from an inability to handle pressure, which then twists a person from what their chosen behavior would normally be.

1 minute ago, Fresh8686 said:

You're right. For those people, rational discussion or facts won't matter, because it's about how they feel.

That's why you need a candidate who has a strong grasp on logic and emotion (Hillary wasn't it). It's not hard for someone who has actually dealt with real **** in life to make Trump look like the **** he is and that's what these people need to see. They don't care if he's wrong or an asshole, but if you show him to be a weak ass, punk ****, they will leave him.

I don't know. I feel like a certain percentage of his voters will never admit to being wrong about him no matter what he does or no matter who the opposing candidate is. 

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don't know. I feel like a certain percentage of his voters will never admit to being wrong about him no matter what he does or no matter who the opposing candidate is. 

Most of Trump's core supporters like him for the sole reason that he is an asshole to their perceived enemies, e.g., liberals, people of color/immigrants, and the "mainstream media."  In other words, they like him because they believe that he is on their side.  It's really that simple. The only candidate they'd leave Trump for is someone who is an even bigger asshole, and I don't believe such a person exists.

This is why Trump's Twitter feed is entirely composed of attacks on liberals, people of color/immigrants, and the "mainstream media."  Many of his supporters don't understand actual policy discussions and aren't exposed to serious discussion of policy on their preferred information sources, but they can damn well understand the childlike attacks of Trump in 280 character snippets.  

13 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

The longer, harder road is the better road and often the only road when it comes to deep, sustainable change.

I like your whole post.

My issue is that I'm genuinely concerned there isn't a longer, harder road. That the perception of the longer, harder road is just that - a perception. It's not real, there is no end to it (that we like) and it's only there to make it look like it exists.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

They won't admit to it for sure. They'll do what all the other band-wagoners/followers do and that's go to ground for a bit and come around acting like they were always on team XYZ in the first place. Will there be some diehards sure, but most will leave as quickly as they jumped on if they can FEEL that another choice is better.

19 hours ago, twa said:

Drew McCoy Retweeted Varad Mehta

Kind of looking forward to our mini constitutional crisis tomorrow.

Varad Mehta @varadmehta
Replying to @varadmehta
If English refuses to stand down tomorrow, Mulvaney will fire her. If she still refuses to go, Mulvaney will order marshals to remove her from the building, an action which DOJ, led by one Jeff Sessions, will authorize. And that will be that.

Way to ruin it before we get a chance to see it.  You essentially just ruined the end of a big movie.  It's like if you told every one in the theater that Vader was Luke's dad as we were all sitting down to watch the new Star Trek.

And that is how you properly troll, @twa

Archived