Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

7 hours ago, nonniey said:

Nope. But then I'd have been surprised if any judge no matter who appointed them didn't rule in his favor on this issue. Come on now I know ya'll like to fight Trump on every single issue and event but this issue on who appoints who has already been in court for months before this occurred and most legal scholars (left and right) believe this aspect of Dodd-Frank is going to be found unconstitutional.

True. It was the right ruling and it seems lawful to me at least. 

Notice I concede when I'm wrong. 

Donald Trump can go **** himself.  What is he doing promoting Britain First? This is the group that murdered a member of Parliament Jo Cox.   He is no friend of my country.  Anyone who voted for him deserves everything that's coming to them.

18 minutes ago, UK_HOG said:

Donald Trump can go **** himself.  What is he doing promoting Britain First? This is the group that murdered a member of Parliament Jo Cox.   He is no friend of my country.  Anyone who voted for him deserves everything that's coming to them.

He’s a racist and opportunist. He absolutely knows he’s screwed by Mueller and he’s going to kick and thrash all tbe way out.

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Dude is definitely mentally unstable. That's why I think they need to call him out more forcefully. Can't let him walk back things that are on tape and he's already admitted to.

Some of us knew that within the first minute of his "escalator announcement".   Ann Coulter said she'd "crawl on glass" to support him after he said that **** about Mexico.  Seriously. 

He's the material that should get rejected from Claxton, GA...yes, home of the fruitcake.  Except he wasn't.  :chair:

So is it OK with the conservatives yet that people call Trump and his supporters racist? Is that alright now? I seem to remember hearing that these people aren't actually racist, and calling them racist is why they had to vote for Trump, Because Political Correctness. 

Even the idiot Infowars guy (Paul Joseph Watson) said something like "maybe not the best idea for the President to promote Britain First." 

11 hours ago, nonniey said:

Nope. But then I'd have been surprised if any judge no matter who appointed them didn't rule in his favor on this issue. Come on now I know ya'll like to fight Trump on every single issue and event but this issue on who appoints who has already been in court for months before this occurred and most legal scholars (left and right) believe this aspect of Dodd-Frank is going to be found unconstitutional.

I'm going to take issue with this.  I'm a lawyer that deals almost exclusively in the same area of the law as the CFPB operates.  My boss is a former top CFPB official.  My firm has followed this as closely as anyone in the world.  While it is true that most people believe that this aspect of Dodd-Frank is going to be found unconstitutional at some point in the future, (specifically in PHH v. CFPB) the law as it currently exists is unclear, and many legal scholars thought the better legal argument is the common legal principle that the more specific law rules.  Here, Dodd Frank is the more specific law over the Vacancies Act.   

1 hour ago, PF Chang said:

So is it OK with the conservatives yet that people call Trump and his supporters racist? Is that alright now? I seem to remember hearing that these people aren't actually racist, and calling them racist is why they had to vote for Trump, Because Political Correctness. 

Even the idiot Infowars guy (Paul Joseph Watson) said something like "maybe not the best idea for the President to promote Britain First." 

You're a racist for calling people racist!

I've actually heard that one before.

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm going to take issue with this.  I'm a lawyer that deals almost exclusively in the same area of the law as the CFPB operates.  My boss is a former top CFPB official.  My firm has followed this as closely as anyone in the world.  While it is true that most people believe that this aspect of Dodd-Frank is going to be found unconstitutional at some point in the future, (specifically in PHH v. CFPB) the law as it currently exists is unclear, and many legal scholars thought the better legal argument is the common legal principle that the more specific law rules.  Here, Dodd Frank is the more specific law over the Vacancies Act.   

Do you think it made a difference that Trump directed him to take over before the vacancy occurred?

If Tribe was a judge I'd expect him to be in that 15% I mentioned ;)

I'll just note that there is a lot of evidence that Trump's association with the far right has made them significantly LESS popular in Europe.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trump-is-making-europe-liberal-again/

It was also just one data point, and so it had to be interpreted with caution. But the pattern has been repeated so far in every major European election since Trump’s victory. In the Netherlands, France and the U.K., right-wing parties faded down the stretch run of their campaigns and then further underperformed their polls on election day. (The latest example came on Sunday in the French legislative elections, when Marine Le Pen’s National Front received only 13 percent of the vote and one to five seats1 in the French National Assembly.) The right-wing Alternative for Germany has also faded in polls of the German federal election, which will be contested in September.

1 minute ago, twa said:

Do you think it made a difference that Trump directed him to take over before the vacancy occurred?

If Tribe was a judge I'd expect him to be in that 15% I mentioned ;)

I think a lot of things made a difference.  Mostly, I think English was not the right person for the fight.  The argument she made in front of the court was a political one, not a legal one, and that matters.  As one of the other bigtime law firms in the space noted:  "Ms. English’s lawsuit seems to suffer from a fatal flaw: it does not reference a cause of action—a statute or common law principle conferring the right to seek relief in court. Without a cause of action, the lawsuit is likely to be dismissed."  ****ty lawyering is what you get when the argument comes from "true believers" rather than the top-tier professionals.

https://www.cfsreview.com/2017/11/cfpb-acting-director-the-controversy-escalates/#more-2481

5 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

I am a Christian, but I am getting close to believing there is no God if this guy continues to be president.... Or maybe God doesn't give a crap about our politics...... Sigh 

Keep in mind what God said about Israel wanting a king.

Sometimes ya get what ya think ya want and everyone else is along for the ride.

1 hour ago, PF Chang said:

Can't even shake the fascist label. 

I wasn't too drawn to the fascist label for Trump, but today is on a whole another level.

He's now pushing conspiracy theories that Joe Scarbarough from MSNBC is a murderer. LOL we are all living in the bad place.

Archived