Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

30 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

In all reality, I'm surprised Trump had good things to say about the Natives, considering his typical logic. After all, they're losers just like McCain. 

Nah, he's selective about which losers he backs. He's down for the Confederacy. Doesn't want statues to losers to come down.

Keeping in mind the oft-noted propensity of trump to accuse others of something he is actually guilty of as just one of his many defective and demented developmental issues, and as continues his pocohontas shtick with warren...

know that for decades OG slimeball fred trump lied about his family origin as being swedish instead of german primarily to assist selling properties to "all those rich ny jews" and don actively perpetuated it for some time....i expect warren's people will eventually get around to that if she runs...

TBH I'm still confused over the whole Warren/native american issue.

I know each tribal nation has bylaws that state a certain percentage allows for tribal inclusion..but at what point does someone have to stop saying they are part native? Granted, her main argument is from family stories (that her brothers confirmed) from her parents...but if she's say...3.125% native American, does that mean she isn't part native?

Which brings me back to my own self reflection. My folks have told me I'm of german-irish-english stock. Maybe I need to do a DNA test to make sure I'm not part Filipino or something. Cause I love me some tapsilog. ?

i wish dna testing was mandatory...as just one benefit, a lot of bigots/racists would have some new info about themselves to internalize...

...and just wait as the brain-function mapping advances continue at breakneck pace and in a decade or so you get to see how much of people's cognitive processing, particularly to forming of self-identity and 'worldview', is revealed to be....oh, I guess I'm not supposed to tell everyone yet...sorry  :silly:

15 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Trump is a moron. It's an idiotic thought process that leads him from "honoring Navaho Code  Talkers" to "I outta

mention that hilarious nickname I gave Elizabeth Warren."

It might be even dumber than you think. Calling her Pocohantas doesn't even really make any sense... Pocohantas was real and the charge is that Warren supposedly lied about her heritage. I think where he got it from was that when this first came out in the Senate race, some were calling Warren FAUXcohantas, which at least makes sense.

Trump probably doesn't know what faux means, though.

15 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Trump is a moron. It's an idiotic thought process that leads him from "honoring Navaho Code  Talkers" to "I outta

mention that hilarious nickname I gave Elizabeth Warren."

It's just mind-bogglingly stupid. No sense of place. No sense of decorum. 

Oh, and **** Sarah Huckabee-Sanders for her cowardly attempt to justify Trump. She is a disgusting shill 

SHS is one person I ALMOST detest as much as Trump. At least Spicer had the decency to occasionally look guilty about lying so much. She obviously either has zero qualms about doing so or truly believes her bull****. Not sure which one is worse.

52 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i wish dna testing was mandatory...as just one benefit, a lot of bigots/racists would have some new info about themselves to internalize...

...and just wait as the brain-function mapping advances continue at breakneck pace and in a decade or so you get to see how much of people's cognitive processing, particularly to forming of self-identity and 'worldview', is revealed to be....oh, I guess I'm not supposed to tell everyone yet...sorry  :silly:

Funny in a way. One of my friends, who is black, revealed that he has an entire family of white people he's never met, related through his great grandfather who died not all that long ago ('01).

Showed me an old family portrait, and dude was like Larry Bird white, basically clear, making his grandmother biracial. He had like 7 brothers and sisters he never spoke of (I guess thats what happens with family when you get a little jungle fever in the Jim Crow era South)

I found the whole thing fascinating though. Not altogether surprising, when you understand that many black women were raped as slaves or free people, or were involved in secret relationships with white men. Wouldn't shock me at all if many of these asshole race purists  share their dna, or completely owe their dna to at least one black person.

That is the most beautiful irony

DNA testing is starting to freak me out a little, as far as what those companies can do with/share with/sell to the results. If they're not already, I think that info will eventually be sold to insurance companies, and possibly used against people who've had the testing done. The results also indicate things about your relatives. Schumer called for more scrutiny into these companies' practices yesterday.

Just one kind of freaky thing from this article: Gizmodo: What DNA Testing Companies’ Terrifying Privacy Policies Actually Mean , and 23andMe's TOS :

"...as 23andMe states bluntly in their Terms of Service: “If you are asked by an insurance company whether you have learned Genetic Information about health conditions and you do not disclose this to them, this may be considered to be fraud.”

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

SHS is one person I ALMOST detest as much as Trump. At least Spicer had the decency to occasionally look guilty about lying so much. She obviously either has zero qualms about doing so or truly believes her bull****. Not sure which one is worse.

I bet on Zero Qualms. I think she feels completely justified lying to all of us.

She hates the press, that is obvious.

It looks as if her job of relaying info to the American people is something she also detests, and perpetually has a "**** all of you" look on her face.

~Bang

31 minutes ago, Bang said:

I bet on Zero Qualms. I think she feels completely justified lying to all of us.

She hates the press, that is obvious.

It looks as if her job of relaying info to the American people is something she also detests, and perpetually has a "**** all of you" look on her face.

~Bang

It's called "Lying for Jesus," and religious conservatives like SHS have rationalized themselves to doing it almost reflexively.   

51 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I almost took a job with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau several years back.  Guess in hindsight, glad I didn't.

Depending on what you do, a lot of CFPB folks are in the process to moving to the private sector and the attendant gigantic increase in salary. 

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171127005636/en/Consumer-Financial-Protection-Bureau’s-Enforcement-Chief-Anthony

This guys salary probably went from $160,000/yr to over a million.   

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

It's already happening on websites like Stormfront. Sociologists at UCLA just published a study about it recently. Here's an article about it from PBS:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/white-supremacists-respond-genetics-say-theyre-not-white

Lots of fascinating (and hilarious) stuff, but THIS is a takeaway for more than just that one issue or group:

And this co-opting of science raises an important reminder: The best way to counter white supremacists may not be to fight their alternative facts with logical ones, according to people who rehabilitate far-right extremists.

The best way to counter white supremacists may not be to fight their alternative facts with logical ones, according to people who rehabilitate far-right extremists.

@techboy as a disappointingly human human and semi-retired behavioral science pimp, i agree, and can say that my first-hand experiences confirm that better results in those cases are obtained when i apply more pithy forms of behavior modification

22 minutes ago, techboy said:

It's already happening on websites like Stormfront. Sociologists at UCLA just published a study about it recently. Here's an article about it from PBS:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/white-supremacists-respond-genetics-say-theyre-not-white

Lots of fascinating (and hilarious) stuff, but THIS is a takeaway for more than just that one issue or group:

How unsurprising is it that one of the coping mechanisms for Stormfront posters when a DNA test comes up "not pure" is to blame it on the Jews:

Others accused the ancestry companies of being run and manipulated by Jews, in an attempt to thwart white nationalism...

btw, i assume i have some company in those of us who talked about the wag the dog stuff almost a year ago, still in background mode on low setting ^_^

but not dead of course...:mellow:

because you know that if things really got to look super duper grim for don he will indeed be that guy to do it cuz he knows he and his family--except tiff of course--would make it through just fine and all his issues would be solved---hell, that world would have all kinds of potential advantages in his mind while his level of living would not suffer a lick---he would believe...:evil:

:D

Court ruled for Trump on the CFPB.  Details to follow. 

https://www.nationalmortgagenews.com/news/judge-rules-against-cfpbs-english-says-mulvaney-in-charge?utm_campaign=alert-c-Nov 28 2017&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&eid=12a6d4d069cd56cfddaa391c24eb7042

WASHINGTON — Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney is the legal interim head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a federal judge declared on Tuesday.

District Judge Timothy J. Kelly declined to grant a temporary restraining order against Mulvaney as part of a lawsuit by CFPB Deputy Director Leandra English that claimed she was the legal acting director under the Dodd-Frank Act. She argued in part that he was too close to the Trump administration as a Cabinet official.

"There's nothing in the statute that I can find that will prevent Mr. Mulvaney from holding both positions," Kelly said.

The case is not necessarily over. Deepak Gupta, English's lawyer, told reporters after the ruling that she would appeal.

"Everyone agrees that what should happen here is we should get an answer from the court system and that answer should be a final answer and the district court can’t provide that," said Gupta. "Whatever happens here, there is going to be an appeal."

Still, the decision is a significant, and perhaps ultimately fatal, blow to English's efforts to assert control.

"It's possible for her to appeal, but it would be difficult to get it granted and she would not have any more claim to the acting directorship," said R. Andrew Arculin, a partner at Venable. "She would have to convince the appeals court that the judge was wrong and that it needs to be resolved now, and that's a higher burden. It's pretty difficult to get the court to hear it."

4 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Of course he does.  That's how many wives he'll have after he divorces Melania.

:rofl89:I almost just fell outta my chair.  That's a funny.  :rofl89:

Btw, my boss reads all those stupid celebrity magazines, and one was on her table Saturday when I was sitting around doing nothing...so flipping through, I got to the last page where it's the "25 things you don't know about me" thing...and the person was Marla Maples.  THAT IS ONE SERIOUSLY EDUCATED AND BRIGHT WOMAN.  She speaks like 5 languages, prays in two or three...I was just absolutely flabbergasted at the amazing things she's accomplished in her life.  Good thing the restaurant was empty because there were more than just a few "Holy ****"s escaping from my big mouth. 

Archived