Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

23 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Republicans don't want you to have legal pot. In fact, Sessions will want to roll back all the state legalization.

Wait until Trudeau legalizes pot in Canada in 2018. All of Canada plus all of our West Coast is going to make it nearly impossible to suppress the free market effect of the legal pot industry.

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Wait until Trudeau legalizes pot in Canada in 2018. All of Canada plus all of our West Coast is going to make it nearly impossible to suppress the free market effect of the legal pot industry.

It's totally inevitable. If they want to retain even a modicum of their clout on the 10th amendment, this is the time. 

State laws have changed a ton in the past 8 years, so using Bush is an awkward precedent.

43 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Legal pot is such a trivial issue, even though nothing gets people riled up more than cutting off their bonghits. It is to laugh.

I mostly smoke the CBD strains. Much more about the body high. Helps me eat / relax. Started getting stomach issues from working at a higher pace tech job.

Otherwise I'm always thinking about the next dev cycle, checking on news on my properties, and/or researching new investment ideas to make sure I have considered everything.

Edit: or listening to political news. Posting here has been a fun way to discuss topics like this safely. I'd honestly probably lose my weekend job if they knew I had libertarian/conservative views lol

1 hour ago, Weganator said:

I'm young enough where federal funds had been used to build many cities prior to me being born. I have no means to change the past, all I can do is discuss future policy. 

Because of this, all I can do is leverage the rules currently in place and do my best to change them where I disagree.

I live in DC because the combination of weed legalization and federal funds / deals being poured into making areas more livable has lead to investment opportunities far better than starting a business. Robbery and murders still occur, but the tertiary crime of bickering over pot is gone.

That plus being able to smoke legally at home makes me safer at my job because I have no chance of being arrested.

Can you really imagine a place like DC with a volunteer FD or with no tax dollars being collected?

4 hours ago, twa said:

Mines volunteer(about 150K folk) ,but we are special what with the cooperation with all the petrochem industries fire depts

add

http://pasadenavfd.com/about.html

PVFD is the largest single-municipality, all volunteer, fire department in the United States. Its membership includes over 200 active and 50 semi-active Firefighters. The department responds to approximately 170 alarms per month within the almost 60 square miles of the City of Pasadena, plus it's Mutual Aid Agreement areas. Pasadena is the 159th largest city in the United States, next to its namesake city, Pasadena, California.

PVFD maintains over 40 pieces of rolling stock, as well as multiple boats, housed in 9 stations, with one additional headquarters building. The oldest apparatus in the fleet is Pasadena's very first fire engine, a 1929American LaFrance pumper that is nicknamed "Old Betsy". This classic "ALF" still drives in local parades and to special events in the community. A state of the art, live fire, burn building and fire behavior simulator is located at PVFD's training field.

The City of Pasadena was incorporated in 1928, and the PVFD established in 1930 with a membership of 25 Firefighters. PVFD is the lead agency for Fire Suppression, Technical Rescue, and Hazardous Materials incident response for the City of Pasadena, Texas, but has Mutual Aid Agreements with all of its neighboring cities as well as many other nearby municipal and industrial fire departments. Emergency Medical Services are provided by a third service private ambulance service under contract to the City of Pasadena.

PVFD provides mutual aid protection to Ellington Field, NASA's Johnson Space Center, and the University of Houston-Clear Lake. It is also an active member of the Channel Industrial Mutual Aid (CIMA) organization, which is a conglomeration of municipal and industrial fire departments that respond to the numerous petrochemical plants in the region.

PVFD is a progressive department that prides itself on partaking in aggressive interior attacks on fire to protect life and property. We also live by the axiom that we "risk a lot to save a lot and we risk little to save little". The highways and industry in PVFD's district also test the department's technical rescue abilities on a regular basis.

That's cool stuff. I would think even a paid FD would have those same cooperation agreements. 

47 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Can to expand on that?  

It is going to depend on commercialization, especially to youth (which industry is going to try and do i.e. commercials especially geared to young people).  If there is heavy successful commercialization (especially to young people), then there are going to be problems.

Studies are pretty clear that there is a relationship between tobacco use and marijuana use and there is a neural interactions between nicotine and THC (i.e. nicotine affects the way that THC affects the brain).  What we see between users (where marijuana users are more likely to become tobacco users and vice versa as compared to non-users) is backed up by real neural affects.

And nicotine is a really nasty drug in terms of addiction and being a gateway to other drugs.  For example, there are neural interactions between nicotine and opiod receptors that affect opiod use and addiction.

If you can legalize marijuana in a manner that does not increase tobacco usage, especially of young people, it should be okay.  If marijuana legalization does not increase the number of young people using it, it should be okay.  But people, especially young people, are very susceptible to commercials, and the younger users start the more drastic the effects are in terms of creating addiction.

I'm for legalization without commercialization, but in this day and age of the internet, I'm not sure how you do that.  Currently, use is not up in Colorado among high school and middle school students, but things have just started.  The commercialization component has been small.  When (if?) Madison Ave gets involved, that's when we'll have problems. 

(As part of that, I'd be worried about industry spiking marijuana products with tobacco or even engineering marijuana so that it produces nicotine.)

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That's cool stuff. I would think even a paid FD would have those same cooperation agreements. 

Bit different from many volunteer groups in the level of training and pool of volunteers from plant workers.

Of course the risks here are greater than most normal cities

the motto

Equaled by few, Exceeded by NONE!  

is taken rather seriously, they are some hard chargers

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

You know, you are right it definitely is a false equivalency. I recommend you google who historically in contrast, between conservatives and liberals, reviled their political opponents and believed they and their positions where evil and which side didn't think that of their opponents.

I don't know about historically, but in this day and age, we have Christian conservatives saying pro-choice liberals are baby killers and homosexuals are going to burn in hell.  GOP president elect claimed Mexican illegal immigrants are bringing drugs, crime, and rapists.  And let us not forget Pizzagate.  You really think conservatives get a free pass when it comes to demonizing the opposition?

4 hours ago, nonniey said:

You know, you are right it definitely is a false equivalency. I recommend you google who historically in contrast, between conservatives and liberals, reviled their political opponents and believed they and their positions where evil and which side didn't think that of their opponents.

4 hours ago, nonniey said:

Thank you for providing exhibit #1

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

And now exhibit #2.

Or perhaps you could stop trying to defend automatic, false, demonization of any person not in the GOP by making vague claims about other eras, and then pretending that the fact that someone correctly points out that one particular policy is bad for the country somehow proves a point that you didn't make. 

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

Or perhaps you could stop trying to defend automatic, false, demonization of any person not in the GOP by making vague claims about other eras, and then pretending that the fact that someone correctly points out that one particular policy is bad for the country somehow proves a point that you didn't make.

Actually a very common logical fallacy

Tu quoque

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

1 hour ago, Weganator said:

I mostly smoke the CBD strains. Much more about the body high. Helps me eat / relax. Started getting stomach issues from working at a higher pace tech job.

Otherwise I'm always thinking about the next dev cycle, checking on news on my properties, and/or researching new investment ideas to make sure I have considered everything.

Edit: or listening to political news. Posting here has been a fun way to discuss topics like this safely. I'd honestly probably lose my weekend job if they knew I had libertarian/conservative views lol

I'm all for legalization, to each his own and people gonna do what people gonna do. I did more than my share in my misspent youth and am not willing to be that huge a hypocrite to oppose it now. I do laugh though when I hear the rationalizations for it, getcher bong on and just enjoy it for that.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

@PeterMP do you think the same laws as cigarettes would work in regards to advertising?  I haven't seen an ad for cigarettes in forever.

If the media  and entertainment was the same, for the most part, yes.  But that's changing, and I'm not sure how those rules are going to apply going forward with the internet, apps, and etc.  Partly, I don't know enough about what the laws are and how they affect things like the internet, or how they can really be enforced.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Can to expand on that?  

Lived in Denver, after legalization, for a year. Before then I was always obviously pro legalization. After? Nope. I compare it to Vegas (another place I live). Vegas is great for 3 days, 4 days, a week. After that it just becomes suffocating. Overwhelming. That's how living in the middle of full legalization felt to me. Just too much. It's everywhere. The shops, the people, the culture, the high drivers. Everywhere.

On top of that people act like marijuana is as healthy as spring water. Mother nature man. Wrong. There are serious health hazards to marijuana use and a lot more we don't even know yet. Example

http://helenair.com/news/state-and-regional/wrong-diagnosis-of-emerging-pot-disease-can-leave-patients-sick/article_fe4829d4-f8e2-58ee-a4fb-bc33c89332be.html

Addiction issues, mental health issues, issues with juveniles, regulation issues. Etc etc etc. The pie in the sky hippy fantasy is a bunch of bull****. I'm not convincing anyone on here but just watch and see.

Full decriminalization, not full legalization.

Archived