Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Gee, maybe they are weak because the brainwashing didn't take as good with them.

This was a sarcastic statement, however, we know that our troops go through brainwashing so they can view the other human beings they are supposed to kill as other than human.

Some people don't see other human beings as anything but human, and have a problem with that mindset that they are taught. And it might not become a realization until they are in actual combat, and they can't deal with it.

What the **** are you talking about?  You absolutely have NO CLUE what the **** you are talking about.  Some of the finest Soldiers or Marines I have ever served with are Women!  Some of the best leaders I have served with are women!  Some of those women have been killed in combat, they weren't brainwashed or less  brainwashed than others, they were Americans who fought for their country.

So, I have gone through brainwashing so I can view other human beings as something other than human so I can kill them easier!!  Are you ****ing serious?  Have you ever seen a 10 yr old or a pregnant mother strapped with explosives with the intent of killing you?  Have you ever visited Afghanistan or Iraq and actually spoken to them?  I have, for the most part, they are generally great people (even humanlike) and they wanted only peace.

Do you know, the only people we are trained to kill are the people who are trying to kill us? 

10 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Gee, maybe they are weak because the brainwashing didn't take as good with them.

This was a sarcastic statement, however, we know that our troops go through brainwashing so they can view the other human beings they are supposed to kill as other than human.

Some people don't see other human beings as anything but human, and have a problem with that mindset that they are taught. And it might not become a realization until they are in actual combat, and they can't deal with it.

I think brainwashing is a loaded (and poor choice of) word for that.  

edit..already beaten to that. I get the argument you are making, although I think it's over the top. 

General Shinseki was put in charge of the VA by Obama.  Not a billionaire Wall Street Guy.  A former Army General.  Ended up resigning after scandal.  

I contend that a successful VA is a threat to GOP ideals.  Demonstrating that government can provide adequate health care to our veterans for a budget of less than $200B a year will make the rest of the country green with envy.  

So the GOP has every reason to play up the poor services, scandals, etc. -- things we would never hear about in the private sector.  

Same with post office, medicare/medicaid, and other government programs that people benefit from.  

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

General Shinseki was put in charge of the VA by Obama.  Not a billionaire Wall Street Guy.  A former Army General.  Ended up resigning after scandal.  

I contend that a successful VA is a threat to GOP ideals.  Demonstrating that government can provide adequate health care to our veterans for a budget of less than $200B a year will make the rest of the country green with envy.  

So the GOP has every reason to play up the poor services, scandals, etc. -- things we would never hear about in the private sector.  

Same with post office, medicare/medicaid, and other government programs that people benefit from.  

General Shinseki failed his responsibilities as leader of the VA.  The VA was a failed entity LONG before Shinseki took charge.

The Government is fully INCAPABLE of providing adequate health care to our veterans, they have proven time and again their inabilities to run the VA.  The VA needs to go through a drastic change and cleaning house. 

What Health Care system has the Government run that has been successful?  Please, don't mention the ACA which is also failing and will soon be just a memory!

3 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

General Shinseki failed his responsibilities as leader of the VA.  The VA was a failed entity LONG before Shinseki took charge.

The Government is fully INCAPABLE of providing adequate health care to our veterans, they have proven time and again their inabilities to run the VA.  The VA needs to go through a drastic change and cleaning house. 

What Health Care system has the Government run that has been successful?  Please, don't mention the ACA which is also failing and will soon be just a memory!

Medicair works pretty darn good.  It would work even better if greedy medical institutions (GOP donors) didn't fraudulently overbill it constantly.

Also, every single other industrialized country runs a successful healthcare system.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Disappointment level 10 incoming when the GOP spends the next 4 years pretending that a full ACA repeal is happening any moment.

1. Repeal it

2. Pull out the pre-existing condition coverage and evil birth-control coverage.

3. Name it Trumpcare and re-pass it.

4. Success!!!

Awright, dial it back just a notch

Thought we were going to converse, not battle......even if only for a day

I am still at a loss to see how Trumpism and all the baggage attached will somehow mystically, magically address any of the concerns- in many cases genuine, legitimate concerns- that people use to rationalize their vote.

YES! I AGREE! The system IS broken, something- many things- are seriously ****ed up! There's no argument from me on that.

BUT how do we get "Trump is the answer"? I keep asking and getting no response. How is "Destroy the federal government" or "Let Russia interfere" or "COAL! MAGIC COAL!" supposed to do anything whatsoever to help out anyone not a billion member of the cabal? There is simply no logical, rational way to reconcile the disparate, sometimes mutually exclusive positions, being made.

6 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Awright, dial it back just a notch

Thought we were going to converse, not battle......even if only for a day

I am still at a loss to see how Trumpism and all the baggage attached will somehow mystically, magically address any of the concerns- in many cases genuine, legitimate concerns- that people use to rationalize their vote.

YES! I AGREE! The system IS broken, something- many things- are seriously ****ed up! There's no argument from me on that.

BUT how do we get "Trump is the answer"? I keep asking and getting no response. How is "Destroy the federal government" or "Let Russia interfere" or "COAL! MAGIC COAL!" supposed to do anything whatsoever to help out anyone not a billion member of the cabal? There is simply no logical, rational way to reconcile the disparate, sometimes mutually exclusive positions, being made.

Trump benefited by running against the only Democrat he could possibly beat.

1 hour ago, Rskins06 said:

The Women Veterans bill failed because it had provisions inside for planned parenthood.  The amendment proposed intended to prevent planned parenthood and involvement.....which I fully support.

The VA Funding, The VA Job Corps, etc were stopped because there wasn't a way to pay for it.  They ultimately failed because of the cost of the bills.

The cost of the bills wasn't the problem. The unwillingness to pay for them is a better argument because the US could afford it. Heck, if we can fund the F-35 no problem, we can pay for anything for veterans if the GOP chose to do so. 

Question: Are you saying you support planned parenthood not being involved in healthcare for women vets? To me that just seems like putting planned parenthood fights, which we saw with the Zika fight as well, above the actual well being of people. 

15 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I meant realistic POTUS candidates.  Although I wonder what Jim Webb could have done in a non Hillary year.

Should I remind you that he also soundly whupped 17 GOP candidates?  It might be time to stop piling on Hillary...she did about a zillion times better against Trump than anyone else.  3 million votes better, as a matter of fact.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Should I remind you that he also soundly whupped 17 GOP candidates?  It might be time to stop piling on Hillary...she did about a zillion times better against Trump than anyone else.  3 million votes better, as a matter of fact.

one on one.

Trump benefited by facing the cattle car of candidates until it was too late.

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

one on one.

The facts remain...The "weak Hillary" narrative has no basis in fact.  I suspect it's being pushed by those who don't want recognize Trump for what he is...A near untouchable, media mogul, white-pride/Anti-Obama juggernaut.

The only guy who might've had a chance was Biden...might've.  Time to see it for what it is, my man.

I doubt we will ever see the tapes (or even if Tom Arnold is being truthful)..but I do wonder if they would actually do any damage to Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/tom-arnold-racist-trump-outtakes-apprentice-104532880.html

Tom Arnold claims he has unreleased outtakes of Donald Trump using racially inflammatory language including "every offensive, racist thing ever" recorded when the president-elect was the star of The Apprentice. 

The actor-comedian made the revelation on Dori Monson's KIRO Radio show, and further claimed the tapes had Trump using all manner of foul language as well as calling his son a "retard." 

"I have the outtakes to The Apprentice where he says every bad thing ever, every offensive, racist thing ever," said Arnold. 

He added: " It was him sitting in that chair saying the N-word, saying the C-word, calling his son a retard, just being so mean to his own children."

Although the long-rumored Apprentice tapes never surfaced before Nov. 8, Arnold, who has known Trump for decades, said later in the interview that he doubts they would have made much difference. "I think if the people that like him saw him saying the N-word, he's sitting matter-of-factly in front of there has to be 30 people there, and he's matter-of-factly saying all of this stuff. So I think they would have liked him more, the people. For being politically incorrect."

42 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Trump benefited by running against the only Democrat he could possibly beat.

Not so sure about that.  Bernie looked good, I even carried water for him for a time, but hearing what was in the oppo file on him...oof.  It'd have been nasty.

16 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

one on one.

I'm not so sure about that either.  Certainly early Trump divided and conquered, but late, when there was still a possibility to keep him from a majority of delegates and they were down basically to him v. Either Cruz or Kasich depending on the state, Trump still won.  He picked up strength, if anything.

I think Trump tapped into something on the right.  Something powerful.  Consider how strongly the right opposed Russia 2 years ago, and how they view it now.  16 of the 17 weren't friendly to Russia, only 1 was, and half the party rallied on him.

It's possible he'd have failed to win 1-on-1, but I feel like the odds are better than even money Trump still wins.

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The facts remain...The "weak Hillary" narrative has no basis in fact.  I suspect it's being pushed by those who don't want recognize Trump for what he is...A near untouchable, media mogul, white-pride/Anti-Obama juggernaut.

The only guy who might've had a chance was Biden...might've.  Time to see it for what it is, my man.

Sorry bud, you're simply ignoring the elephant in the room (no anti pun intended).

Archived