Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Sorry bud, you're simply ignoring the elephant in the room (no anti pun intended).

That 8 years of diplomacy and mild prosperity under a black president gave rise to a powerful white nationalist populist movement?  Can't afford to ignore that...and you shouldn't either.

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I will say this.

Every single comment about the ugly american we've heard from outside the US has been proven with one single election. Maybe we are getting the President most of the country deserves. 

We surely are.  But, per Kilmer17, it's really Hillary's fault.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That 8 years of diplomacy and mild prosperity under a black president gave rise to a powerful white nationalist populist movement?  Can't afford to ignore that...and you shouldn't either.

While I think that Trump will be a disaster for the country, I hope that the Democrats share your line of thinking going into the next elections.

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I will say this.

Every single comment about the ugly american we've heard from outside the US has been proven with one single election. Maybe we are getting the President most of the country deserves. 

Sadly I think you are probably right...

2 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

Do you have any combat experience?  Do you know anyone who does?  Do you know anyone who has PTSD?  What about others who have seen the same things but do not have PTSD?  No one (wont say no one, as there may be some) who knows any of the above took any of those comments offensively.  Every one of us who have seen things, experienced things some only see in movies do have different ways of handling it.  You took it as him calling us weak, I took it as someone speaking honestly about it.  There are some who honestly aren't able to handle it, they aren't looked at as weak, he didn't say they are weak.  This was an example of the liberal media trying to make a statement about something they know nothing about and make it look like something it wasn't.

There were plenty of people that are veterans and loss people with PTSD and are involved of treating people with PTSD that slammed his comments

He certainly implied they were weak when he juxstoped the idea of being strong with not being able to handle it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-fire-comments-veterans-ptsd/story?id=42536616

And the biggest issue with his comments, like may of his comments, is they were ignorant

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/04/opinions/trump-comment-veterans-suicide-ptsd-bryan/

" Craig Bryan is a board-certified clinical psychologist and Executive Director of the National Center for Veterans Studies at the University of Utah. He deployed to Iraq in 2009, and separated from military service soon after his return. He currently researches suicidal behaviors and suicide prevention strategies, and is a national expert on military and veteran suicide. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author. "

"But by far the more troubling implication of Trump's comments is that PTSD and suicide are signs of weakness. This perspective is incredibly dangerous and harmful to veterans. Multiple researchstudies have disproven this myth, showing that people who think about and attempt suicide can actually tolerate higher levels of emotional and physical pain than non-suicidal individuals."

"Year after year, this pattern has remained largely unchanged. Several broad and carefully designed studies conducted during the past few years have similarly failed to find a correlation of deployment history with suicide among military personnel, even after they had left military service.

Yes, some service members and veterans who die by suicide have been deployed, and some of them have experienced "horror stories." But this truth does not negate another important truth about military suicide: More than 80% of service members who die by suicide have never been in combat.

Public figures who continue to perpetuate this storyline are barking up the wrong tree and distracting us from realizing answers that could save lives. We must acknowledge what the data have been telling us for years: Suicide is an issue that is related to far more than deployment."
By portraying the high suicide rate of military personal as a combat problem, he shows that he talks about problems as if he has a clue when he is CLUELESS, and this ability to recognize your own ignorance, I think is the biggest issue in this country currently.
Too many people in this country have strong opinions about topics that they essentially know nothing about and anybody that portrays the suicide of vets as a combat related issue belongs in that basket.
But I guess Craig Bryan is a plant by the liberal media?  They probably made him up.

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

While I think that Trump will be a disaster for the country, I hope that the Democrats share your line of thinking going into the next elections.

Actually, it would be far better for the country if the GOP stopped receiving their marching orders from Fox News and alt-right media.  That's why Trump won...because Kasich wasn't radical enough.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We surely are.  But, per Kilmer17, it's really Hillary's fault.

That's not exactly what I am saying.  Though she certainly bears alot of the responsibility. 

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Actually, it would be far better for the country if the GOP stopped receiving their marching orders from Fox News and alt-right media.  That's why Trump won...because Kasich wasn't radical enough.

Carry on believing that.

The Dems have lost about 900 state legislature seats.  70 House seats.  12 Senate seats  12 Governor mansions.  And a dozen plus states have gone to complete GOP control.

But yep.  It's all because of Fox news and racism.

One can hope that those losses are from the last dying breaths of the baby boomer generation. More progressive generations that will replace them should and will be socially (if not economically) moderate or even progressive. It's really all those 2 generations (x and y) have known.

The downside is that the baby boomers probably still have another 4-5 elections before they dwindle to #'s below those of gen x and y. 

Now..can we talk about 2020? :D

Cory Booker anyone?

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

One can hope that those losses are from the last dying breaths of the baby boomer generation. More progressive generations that will replace them should and will be socially (if not economically) moderate or even progressive. 

The downside is that the baby boomers probably still have another 4-5 elections before they dwindle to #'s below those of gen x and y. 

Cory Booker anyone?

Too soon for 2020!  There should be a rule......

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

One can hope that those losses are from the last dying breaths of the baby boomer generation. More progressive generations that will replace them should and will be socially (if not economically) moderate or even progressive. It's really all those 2 generations (x and y) have known.

Cory Booker anyone?

Duck Dynasty guy will probably make a run.

OMG I'm so tired of the election and everything associated with it. As I said before, I did not vote for the first time in my adult life. I was not a fan of Hillary or Trump.  It was my own protest. 
However in hindsight, I'm really sick of Trump. He seems to be a petulant child.  I'm amazed at the stuff he tweets and says.  

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

That's not exactly what I am saying.  Though she certainly bears alot of the responsibility. 

Carry on believing that.

The Dems have lost about 900 state legislature seats.  70 House seats.  12 Senate seats  12 Governor mansions.  And a dozen plus states have gone to complete GOP control.

But yep.  It's all because of Fox news and racism.

You forgot gerrymandering and gutting the Voting Rights Act.  

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

Oh Im sure there will be plenty of people reminding us.

You are right on this much...the Dems are still operating as a traditional American political organization in a traditional American democracy trying to win voters using traditional methods - fact-based reasoning with solid dose of flag-waving and muckraking.

The GOP has thrown that out the window and declared all opposition to be traitorous, communist, satanic, child-molesting, murderous scum.  A platform utterly devoid of factual analysis and completely beholden to punditry.  Some folks really seem to like that approach, though.

This is where we're at now in America.  Good times...

And here's a slightly more reasoned take on things courtesy of a very reputable local dealer!

One of these dealers has been fined over $400,000 for false advertising since 2014.  The other one occasionally gives customers Redskins tickets but doesn't advertise it.  Can you guess which is which?!?

6 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Once the politicians send our human treasure into harm's way, we should take care of them. That means the best health care both physically and mentally. We need to support them.

The only issue I think I have is that dependents of servicemen & women are also cared for while that member is in active service, so lots of money is being spent on people who are not technically "in"...I know families sacrifice a great deal as well, but 5 dependents on one service member's benefits is a lot (just an example)...especially if the service member is never in sick call, but his 4 kids all have asthma or diabetes, etc. 

Maybe there could be some adjustment, like a 60/40 or 70/30 split for the families, at discounted price points, of course.  I'm just trying to think of a way to make it work best for the actual veterans who need more help at the end of their enlistment, not trying to start an argument.

(for reference, I got out of the Navy in '86, so if anyone has updates on policies I probably don't, fill me in.)

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

The only issue I think I have is that dependents of servicemen & women are also cared for while that member is in active service, so lots of money is being spent on people who are not technically "in"...I know families sacrifice a great deal as well, but 5 dependents on one service member's benefits is a lot (just an example)...especially if the service member is never in sick call, but his 4 kids all have asthma or diabetes, etc. 

Maybe there could be some adjustment, like a 60/40 or 70/30 split for the families, at discounted price points, of course.  I'm just trying to think of a way to make it work best for the actual veterans who need more help at the end of their enlistment, not trying to start an argument.

(for reference, I got out of the Navy in '86, so if anyone has updates on policies I probably don't, fill me in.)

Tricare covers spouses but service member kids are cut off at age 21 (or 23 if enrolled in college).  That sounds like a long time..but not everyone joins up before kids. I was covered for about 15 years of my Dad's 30+ year Naval career. 

edit..

Did anyone see this? People are trying to injure Kurt Eichenwald (who is epileptic) with seizure causing images via Twitter. 

Sad. :(

http://www.sfgate.com/news/texas/article/Newsweek-reporter-seeks-ID-of-Twitter-user-after-10808700.php

It's also worth noting that I pay for my dependants coverage, though it's like $5 a month or something insanely cheap.  It also doesn't cover dental and vision.  That's separate and actually costs me money.

edit:. It's also another form of compensation for us similar to the GI Bill.  It's a way to offset what some say is our below standard pay.  If our pay is too low or not is a different argument.

2 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Is it just me or has a beard become the go to look for white smarmy, douchey right wing ****tards? The alt right look almost. Both well trimmed and wild. I keep noticing that.

Might be time to ditch the beard....

Excuse me for quoting myself... Something was just really driven home for me...

I was looking into this to see if I was the only one and came across this article from a year ago

http://www.salon.com/2015/12/25/the_right_wing_beard_revolution_look_out_hipsters_here_come_the_counterculture_christians/

The right-wing beard revolution: Look out, hipsters, here come the counterculture Christians

And it hit me...Alt right neo-nazi's and young Trumpistas are just right wing hipsters. Sorry if I'm late on this, just never thought about it like that before.

****ing postmodernism strikes again.

Archived