Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

I think the ACA gets phased out - but the kicker will it will passed onto the next Presidency. In other words..they will repeal it effective 2021. This way they can save face and allow people to gradually get off it (even though most will choose to not have insurance anymore) thus ****ing over those who do.

also..this was shady.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-trump-invited-palantir-to-tech-summit-215721731.html

President-elect Donald Trump’s tech summit on Wednesday was an expected “who’s who” of industry titans, save for one: Palantir CEO Alex Karp.

With a $20 billion valuation, the Palo Alto, Calif.-based Palantir remains one of the highest-valued private tech companies in the world, having utilized its data-mining services in the past for the CIA, Hershey Co., Bridgewater Associates LP and Credit Suisse Group AG.

Karp’s seat at the table can probably be attributed to the influence of billionaire tech investor Peter Thiel, a member of Trump’s transition team who also co-founded Palantir in 2004. At Wednesday’s meeting, Trump and Thiel appeared close, exchanging an effusive handshake.

“I want to start by thanking Peter, because he saw something very early, maybe before we saw it, and of course he’s known for that in a different way,” Trump said on Wednesday, possibly referring to Thiel’s early campaign endorsement. “[He] is a very special guy.”

Having Palantir at Trump’s tech summit helps raise the company’s profile, and “raising the profile helps with recruiting, IPO potential and probably with general influence,” a source who knows Thiel told Yahoo Finance.

Having Palantir present also potentially sets the stage for additional government contracts in the short- to medium-term, which would be a big boon for the company since it received about $83 million from the government this year alone.

“Palantir relies heavily on government contracts and literally now has a seat at a table to shape the rules of the game,” a source familiar with Palantir told Yahoo Finance.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Can you honestly think of one scenario that would make most of the Right realize the Republican regime is wrong?

Yes, but it involves something a bit worse than the Great Depression. Hell even G W Bush and Trump didn't phase them. Even Trump being Putin's lapdog hasn't moved the needle... in fact, it made a third of Republicans line up to be the Kremlin's pet too. I do think there's a chance that Republicans can support America again over their party, but it will require something catastrophic.

18 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I'm a conservative who hopes that Trump turns out to be a good president who works well with both sides of the aisle. But man, Charlie Sykes really hits the nail on the head in this column about this past cycle:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/opinion/sunday/charlie-sykes-on-where-the-right-went-wrong.html?ref=opinion&_r=0

Everything he says is exactly right. It's not like there are any earth shattering breakthroughs, insights, or revelations here though. It's as easy as pointing at a banana and saying, "there's a banana." I really have no idea how anyone with half a brain could see it any other way.

21 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Everything he says is exactly right. It's not like there are any earth shattering breakthroughs, insights, or revelations here though. It's as easy as pointing at a banana and saying, "there's a banana." I really have no idea how anyone with half a brain could see it any other way.

All one has to do is read that "Paul Ryan" is a conservative to understand the writing of the author.

His article is written like a true RINO who doesn't understand the true conservative beliefs. He is wrong.

The best part, though, is that I hope and pray that Dems read his article and take it as gospel (or, that a banana is a banana).  It means that the dems again don't understand the real reasons Trump won (and why the House and Senate, along with so many Governors are going GOP).  Please keep drinking the cool-aid, the GOP supermajority in '18 will welcome you.

9 minutes ago, btfoom said:

All one has to do is read that "Paul Ryan" is a conservative to understand the writing of the author.

His article is written like a true RINO who doesn't understand the true conservative beliefs. He is wrong.

The best part, though, is that I hope and pray that Dems read his article and take it as gospel (or, that a banana is a banana).  It means that the dems again don't understand the real reasons Trump won (and why the House and Senate, along with so many Governors are going GOP).  Please keep drinking the cool-aid, the GOP supermajority in '18 will welcome you.

Paul Ryan is a "RINO?" 

Well, I certainly understand the appeal of Trump's populist message and how it carried him the victory despite his bombast, especially against such a disliked candidate in Hillary whose message (if she had one) failed to resonate, and appeared to have an incompetent campaign to boot.

But what struck me about Sykes article was the lamentation of the discourse these days. Seems like its really tough to find anyone with principle.....and that goes for both sides of the aisle.

Conservative news is tough to navigate at this point. When CNN gets considered neutral and blasts anything with a conservative slant, it's hard to get reliable barometer of bias from them. I suggest Ben Shapiro if you are looking for an intellectual conservative that sticks to facts.

19 minutes ago, btfoom said:

Please spell out try conservative beliefs cause I can't seem to get a conservative to do this. 

18 minutes ago, btfoom said:

Alright, I'm game tonight. What is it that you like about Donald Trump? What does he bring to the table that you look at and say, "this is the embodiment of my political party right now." and feel like everything is hunky-dory?

6 minutes ago, btfoom said:

Yes

http://www.rinotracker.us/paul-ryan-rino-of-the-year/

The really funny part is the author of that piece talks about Ryan, who now is a major Trump supporter.

So the definition of RINO has changed I see. It now means somebody who doesn't automatically oppose anything D and automatically support anything R, irregardless of whether it's the right thing to do, is best for the country, is constitutional, or aligns with traditional republican values. Paul Ryan is a RINO because he stood up to Donald Trump about banning Muslims? You're gonna tell me that?

I think even Rush Limbaugh said several times on his show during the campaign that he didn't consider Trump to be a conservative.

And didn't one of Trump's economic advisers claim that the GOP was now the "party of Trump" instead of the "party of Reagan?"

21 minutes ago, Weganator said:

Conservative news is tough to navigate at this point. When CNN gets considered neutral and blasts anything with a conservative slant, it's hard to get reliable barometer of bias from them. I suggest Ben Shapiro if you are looking for an intellectual conservative that sticks to facts.

Yes, Shapiro is pretty money.

26 minutes ago, Hersh said:

At what point will Trump propose a state run media outlet? Is there anyone here that doesn't think it's coming?

Idk many conservatives that would be for that. It would just turn into an NPR every time a Dem is elected.

Plus, one of the primary purposes of the Fourth estate is to be critical of the government. State run media defeats the purpose.

1 minute ago, Weganator said:

Idk many conservatives that would be for that. It would just turn into an NPR every time a Dem is elected.

Plus, one of the primary purposes of the Fourth estate is to be critical of the government. State run media defeats the purpose.

I honestly don't know what conservative stand for anymore but do you listen to NPR?

Archived