Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I dunno man. This one's not so cut and dry to me. If a room at one of Trump's hotels is $250 and a foreign leader rents it for $250, do we have a problem with that? Did any foreign leaders buy Barack Obama's books?

We already know countries have moved receptions to Trump's hotels and it's not cause they think it's a nicer hotel all of a sudden. It's problematic. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

We already know countries have moved receptions to Trump's hotels and it's not cause they think it's a nicer hotel all of a sudden. It's problematic. 

No, you're right. There's definitely problems. It's not a black & white issue is all I'm saying. There are some gray areas so then how do you close the loopholes that would allow for abuses of the system?

4 hours ago, visionary said:
Trump lacks the focus and discipline to be President.

Ladies and gentlemen....Mr. Karl Rove.

Can I say it again? (Of course I can) This is EXACTLY why a marketing campaign is just about the worst way to select a Presidential candidate!!

Trump is literally the Bud Lite of Presidential candidates. All marketing, no substance, and he looks like piss.

23 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Trump is literally the Bud Lite of Presidential candidates. All marketing, no substance, and he looks like piss.

From Monty Python's "Live at the Hollywood Bowl":  American beer is like making love in a canoe...****ing close to water.:cheers:

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

No, you're right. There's definitely problems. It's not a black & white issue is all I'm saying. There are some gray areas so then how do you close the loopholes that would allow for abuses of the system?

There are no loopholes, only assholes trying like hell to argue that the laws don't apply to Trump/presidency. Of course if the president was a Democrat, they would be decrying what he's doing.

11 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

When Paul Ryan was giving the "he's new to this...." apology press conference, he pretty much laid out exactly why Trump does not belong in this position. For a second lets just ignore Trump the person, his character, his lying, etc etc etc....take all that away and you still have a guy who is just woefully unprepared for the job of being President.   I hope this gives real pause to the notion that "running a business!" is some kind of excellent qualification for President, next time that stuff is peddled. 

Gary Johnson is an example of a successful business man going into government and actually keeping his word.

And he's not Presidential material. 

Too bad he's not a B-List celebrity though because he'd have a chance of winning an election. 

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

There are no loopholes, only assholes trying like hell to argue that the laws don't apply to Trump/presidency. Of course if the president was a Democrat, they would be decrying what he's doing.

I'm not so sure about the first point. My earlier example was that Obama wrote several books while in office. What if the Prime Minister of Canada goes out and buys a copy? Of course, if he buys 700 million copies the day of a meeting to amend NAFTA, that might raise some eyebrows.

Agree with the 2nd point though.

Writing a book is different than renting rooms in hotels to other governments and government representatives. Besides, he's not supposed to make money off of the DC hotel according to the contract but some government flunky said it was okay. I'd like to see someone take it to court. Make Trump Organization spend some money.

14 hours ago, Larry said:

"The constitution prohibits the President from accepting skin softeners."

They're not even pretending to be honest anymore are they? :(

The President can accept money from foreign governments? really?

I do agree that it's pretty much impossible (and probably undesirable) to absolutely prevent any transaction in which someone foreign pays some money, and said money eventually, after passing through some entity or other, winds up partially benefiting a politician. 

And, once we agree that absolutism won't work, then we have to deal with the questions of where the line is, who decides where the line is, and who decides if Situation X crosses it?  

At which point, I have to say that my opinion is that our system empowers Congress, through legislation, to create rules on where said line is. And, in the case of the President (and, I will note, Members of Congress), whether said person has crossed said line. 

7 hours ago, Mooka said:

Gary Johnson is an example of a successful business man going into government and actually keeping his word.

And he's not Presidential material. 

Too bad he's not a B-List celebrity though because he'd have a chance of winning an election. 

What's Aleppo?

2 hours ago, visionary said:
Missing Dartmoth

That has got to be the most generous headline ever, how about "Trump nominee lied about havibg earned a degree from Dartmoth."?

14 minutes ago, Mooka said:

What's Aleppo have to do with being Governor of New Mexico? 

As a Presidential candidate do you feel that it is imperative upon him to have at minimum a cursory understanding of what was at the time the focus of the international fight against ISIS?

Archived