Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Part of the problem, quite frankly, is people have been using the wrong rhetoric to try and persuade Trump.

Trump is not an intelligent man - if he hadn't been born into wealth, he would be a used car salesman. He has no grasp of concepts, no depth of understanding. He is simply a gifted salesman, obsessed only with image and presentation. The only guiding principle in his policies is that if Obama advocated/enacted something, it must be undone. In his narrow frame of reasoning, everything has a transactional nature, which means if it's positive for any other nations, it must be bad for the US. When Mitt Romney says dropping out of the Paris agreement means abandoning world leadership, Trump processes that as affirmation, since he equates US leadership with the US being milked dry by other nations. The fact that many of the business leaders petitioning him not to withdraw came from tech industries whose wealth he resents may have even stiffened his resolve.

The only way to convince Satan's pumpkin to adhere to the Paris Accord would have been to have manufacturers promise to open new solar factories in Wisconsin and Ohio and thus add more jobs IF the US remained tied to the Paris agreement, and promise Trump photo ops for creating new jobs for white folks.

36 minutes ago, justice98 said:

What does Ivanka actually do in the administration?

Trying to repair the damage her father is doing and will inevitably do to her brand and image. 

Hence all the fluff pieces in NYT and Politico about her and Jared.

22 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Trying to repair the damage her father is doing and will inevitably do to her brand and image. 

Hence all the fluff pieces in NYT and Politico about her and Jared.

One theory bouncing around on twitter is that one or both of them is someone's leak source, and they are traded inside info for fluff pieces.

1 hour ago, twa said:

My solution makes them less relevant to us, your solution makes it needed.

But if you want to rehash how stupid we were to kill independent production here in the past and make military intervention there a need we can. 

You are wrong.  My solution MIGHT make them more relevant, but only in the short term.

Your solution leaves in the status quo for the foreseeable future.

11 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

You are wrong.  My solution MIGHT make them more relevant, but only in the short term.

Your solution leaves in the status quo for the foreseeable future.

Where are you getting the natural resources needed for your solution?

IF you truly believe research can advance solutions my solution is best...and can fund it w/o crippling the economy or exposing our throats.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Just how dumb our politics has gotten can be understood by the party thrown by the House and WH on the rose garden for a bill that is both a stinker and apparently dead in the Senate:

Its the GOP. They already have imaginary villains (Blacks, Muslims, poor people, Hispanics, the elderly, children). Why not imaginary victories. Fits right in. 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Right. Thats why we should be continuing the research and getting it to acceptable levels so that we can sell it to other countries. Which is really the point of this (besides saving the planet bit whatevs) 

That you and your pals cannot see this is......fustrating. 

I'm all for renewable energy, if the market says it is needed. 

Ezra Cohen-Watnick has told other admin officials he wants to use US spies to help oust the Iranian government

Even if you want to do this... even if this is your obvious stated goal you don't say it out loud. It's like Putin's interview with Kelly today. He denied while winking, laughing, and mocking any idea of Russian interference in the US election. All the Russians applauded and laughed with him. Everyone knows what's up, but you don't actually say it... unless your stupid.

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

Moved to alternative energy thread.  

(Wish I knew how to quite a post from thread A, in Thread B.)

I did it by copying a pasting my reply from this thread. It didnt look like it was working until I hit submit but it worked. 

43 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Common sense says it's needed. Oil is a finite resource. We're going to reach a point where the amount of dead dinosaur goo starts to run dry, and becomes prohibitively expensive to pull from the ground. We need as much energy from renewable sources as possible to ween us off strict oil dependence and extend the life of the planet's leftover oil reserves. I'm not even factoring in the fact the renewable energy is much better for the air you breathe and water you drink.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

One theory bouncing around on twitter is that one or both of them is someone's leak source, and they are traded inside info for fluff pieces.

The smart Trump kid is Tiffany, the one that stays on the fringes.  Let Ivanka, Eric, and Jr mix it up.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Heck, to me, the best answer to "why should we be encouraging migration to alternative energy?" is "Being able to tell the Middle East to go ahead and kill each other, we don't care any more."  

Why anybody needs a better answer than that is beyond me.  

As the Pentagon said, the Paris Accords are beneficial for National Security reasons. That extends into many things. More efficient use of energy, healthier population, better agriculture, etc. The positives outweigh the negatives for anyone whose timeline extends beyond 24 hours.

Anyone that thinks all these other countries want to damage the strongest economy in the world, as suggested by dumb****s Trump and Pruitt regarding the Paris Climate agreement, is truly ignorant. I mean, what kind of idiot things other countries want a giant consumer country to fail? It would only severely negatively impact the world economy. I am so tired of these totally dishonest explanations. 

Oops, will move this elsewhere. My bad. 

Still, **** those two specifically. 

1 hour ago, RedskinsMayne said:

The market is an excellent servant of council but can also be a cruel master. Protecting the environment is a humanistic issue. You don't have to do whatever the market tells you when self interest and profits are posing a threat to people's lives. I'm all for helping orphaned children in Africa get mosquito nets so that they can avoid catching malaria and dieing in horrible pain... IF the market says it's needed.

1 hour ago, twa said:

IF you truly believe research can advance solutions...

pfft... who believes nonsense like that?

Archived