Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

So are we going to give trump credit (is that the right word?) For what's going on in the Gulf this morning?

We clamor for accountability in the middle east, a place where we know there are wealthy elites and government officials supporting terrorists. So... is this a good thing, or more shiite/sunni bull**** coming off the heels of US approval of the sunni way?

Or is it completely unrelated because Trump couldn't possibly be involved in something so complicated?

Or is it them acting on their own because after a week of visits they've realized their ally in the west is being run by an idiot?

So he bashes his own Justice Department, his executive order, the courts multiple times, implies he is above the law and what the courts say doesn't matter, and let's everyone know that yes his admin has been going around the courts and their rulings to get what he wants.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

So are we going to give trump credit (is that the right word?) For what's going on in the Gulf this morning?

We clamor for accountability in the middle east, a place where we know there are wealthy elites and government officials supporting terrorists. So... is this a good thing, or more shiite/sunni bull**** coming off the heels of US approval of the sunni way?

Or is it completely unrelated because Trump couldn't possibly be involved in something so complicated?

Or is it them acting on their own because after a week of visits they've realized their ally in the west is being run by an idiot?

Well, Trump was bragging about how unified he had made our allies in the Middle East.  I'm not sure how much of a role we played in this situation though (if any).  It is something we will have to deal with.

(I'll post some more details in the Tunisia thread if anyone wants to check it out.)

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

He doesn't understand why he keeps losing these Travel Ban arguments in court.

What if he doesn't care? Let's say the Travel Ban goes down again. If anything happens he can say I told you so and try to bring it back. He'll just keep railing against the courts as unelected officials putting Americans at harm. If it goes through he'll count it as a win. He's trying to play it in a way where he wins in both scenarios. The only problem is one of those requires an incident. I don't think he's rooting for it outright but he thinks it will be good politically.

It's like him saying the election was rigged. If he lost be had an out and when he won it wasn't as rigged as he thought.

If you mentally put all tweets in this format, you can easily see the reason why his tweets matter, and should matter, to SCOTUS, allies, enemies, etc. etc.

EDIT:

Oh hey, whattaya know?  There's a twitter bot for that:

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That's the second of his hotels that has been involved/linked to money laundering. Thought that was a bigger deal than it seems to be 

Just observing that I wouldn't necessarily jump from "project involved" to "Trump (or his company) was knowingly participating in it".  

Just like a year or more ago, when people were scandanously whispering that Trump had mob connections, and I commented that I wouldn;t be surprised if it's impossible to be involved in major building construction of operations in NY/NJ and not deal with a mob-linked company.  

Yeah, maybe the FBI should check it out.  But I won't be shocked if there's nothing to it.  

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

What if he doesn't care? Let's say the Travel Ban goes down again. If anything happens he can say I told you so and try to bring it back. He'll just keep railing against the courts as unelected officials putting Americans at harm. If it goes through he'll count it as a win. He's trying to play it in a way where he wins in both scenarios. The only problem is one of those requires an incident. I don't think he's rooting for it outright but he thinks it will be good politically.

It's like him saying the election was rigged. If he lost be had an out and when he won it wasn't as rigged as he thought.

I think there is a grain of truth in this.  The problem is he keeps doubling down on his core supporters, not realizing that his incredibly narrow win was aided by a deeply flawed opponent and a belief by some that due to his being a businessman he would magically be able to "get things done". Some of the people who voted for him are going to recognize that his own big mouth is preventing the implementation of the Draconian measures they support. The way he is governing will only lead to a reduction in his vote, and he has almost zero margin of victory to give up.

Add:  Also relevant that Rs lost seats in the House and Senate in 2016 and 2018 looks dicier by the day.

Archived