Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 hours ago, twa said:

Yet they come here for treatment for some reason.

Oh really....

The fact is, only the rich come here for treatment. Meanwhile....

https://www.health-tourism.com/medical-tourism/usa-research/

A Growing Number of American Patients are Seeking Medical Treatment Abroad

The medical tourism industry has seen a major increase in the past decade. 

Researchers have confirmed that:

· In 2013, about 75,000 American citizens traveled to India for medical treatment and more than 300,000 went to Latin America.

· It is estimated that approximately 1.25 million Americans travel abroad in 2014 for medical treatment. 

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I agree, China. A medicine to fix one thing can cause three problems I've never had?

**** that noise. 

Oh, the ones I like are the ones where one of the side effects is "death".  

In fact, there's at least one I've heard for, I think, asthma?, where one of the side effects is "may increase your risk of death from asthma".  I mean, how do you market a medication for asthma that increases your risk of death from asthma?  

(Actually, I can at least think of a possible answer to my own question.  Just imagine, say, a drug where it gets rid of asthma 99% of the time, but your risk of death from asthma goes from 1 in 10,000 to 2 in 10,000.  Is this drug still a bad option?  But, still, it's at least easy to make fun of.)  

12 minutes ago, Mad Mike said:

Oh really....

The fact is, only the rich come here for treatment. Meanwhile....

The rich are the ones that can afford the best and can choose.

That they choose HERE should tell ya something about the post I replied to.

43 minutes ago, twa said:

The goal should be the best healthcare and the best access to healthcare. 

I get its its a lofty one. We’re not close.  

44 minutes ago, twa said:

The rich are the ones that can afford the best and can choose.

So the fact that the rest of us are better off going somewhere else for affordable care is just fine? 

Or don't you want to address the FACT that americans have to go to INDIA for affordable health care.

1 minute ago, Mad Mike said:

So the fact that the rest of us are better off going somewhere else for affordable care is just fine? 

Or don't you want to address the FACT that americans have to go to INDIA for affordable health care.

they buy cheap **** from China as well.....Yipppeeee.

Better healthcare is subjective, though not sure why folk would need to leave the country for affordable care when Obamacare gots them covered. :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, twa said:

they buy cheap **** from China as well.....Yipppeeee.

Better healthcare is subjective, though not sure why folk would need to leave the country for affordable care when Obamacare gots them covered. :rolleyes:

Maybe its because republicans sabotaged it from the start. 

Fact: Obamacare gave more people access to health insurance. 
Fact: Republicans have thrown people off.

Fact: The US  is the ONLY advanced nation in the world where you can work your ass off, do everything right, and STILL go bankrupt due to medical bills even if you have insurance. 

Yay America. I'll be sure to stand for the anthem.

(for those who wonder - that's sarcasm. I will not stand for the flag until Trump and his corrupt gang of thieves is gone.)

A lot of reason that people come here for health care is because a lot of experts that are experimenting in novel and cutting edge technologies are here.  That's mostly because of our funding of health related research through the NIH and CDC.  There's no reason that has to go away if we go to a single payer system.

If we keep up our funding of the NIH and CDC, there's no reason why we can't still be at the cutting edge of health care related research and therefore a destination for people that want/need that type of health care.

This does not seem to me to be an either or case.

9 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

This does not seem to me to be an either or case.

Big Pharma: "But what if we made it an either or case...you think of that?  Then you'd have to choose and then we could probably keep the status quo in place and make tons of money.  Mwa.  Ha.  Ha."

8 hours ago, twa said:

Better healthcare is subjective

You're right. If you look at different organizations' healthcare rankings by country, they are all over the place. There are things that we can measure though. There are aspects that aren't subjective. Anyway you want to look at it, we aren't doing anywhere near good enough and unless something drastic changes, we never will be. We never will be because one political party is wholly owned by corporate lobbyists and is going to sabotage ANY attempt to provide more people with affordable healthcare and because their base has been reduced to the level of drooling mouth breathers that they can have a lying asshat like Tucker or Hannity or Trump tell them "this is actually bad for you because, democrats!" and they automatically believe it. 

8 hours ago, Mad Mike said:

Maybe its because republicans sabotaged it from the start. 

Typical Dem leadership:ols:, the **** you ended up with when we held power was the other peoples fault.

for supposedly bright people ya'll really suck at presenting your case and default to blaming everyone else.

of course when you are trying to sell a turd like Hillary or ACA it is a challenge I guess.

Maybe better choices will make up for your deficiencies? :silly:

16 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Ah, but the GOP did intentionally sabotage the ACA. That's a fact.

so you are saying the GOP didn't buy what the Dems were selling?

next you are going to tell me they sabotaged Hillary......but I repeat myself.:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, twa said:

so you are saying the GOP didn't buy what the Dems were selling?

So you're saying that when you can't dispute what the other poster says, you'll try to claim he said something else?  

(We already knew that.)  

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If only the GOP would allow Dems to do whatever they want 

If only the GOP would be honest.  

Think the ACA sucks?  Will do anything you can to kill it?  

Stand up on your hind legs and take credit for what you did.  Drop the "oh, no, we didn't do anything, it's all those other guy's fault!" act.  

Archived