Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Trump's best economic quarter would come in 5th amongst Obama's 16. Plus, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves in thinking that rising interest rates and costs of goods will be a good thing.

Pointing out, though.  Trump has only had 5 quarters, so far.  Obama has had 32.  So yeah, you would expect Obama to have had higher highs (and lower lows) than Trump has had, so far.  

Now, what might be a more valid comparison?  

Average growth in Real GDP, per year, for Trump's term (so far):  2.9%.  

Average growth in Real GDP, per year, for Obama's term.  2.1%.  

So, yeah, subject to lots of disclaimers, (how much of the economy is due to the various Presidents, very small sample size for Trump, and he's just now starting out, Obama inherited an economy where GDP was shrinking, while Trump inherited one of full employment and years of growth, and no doubt lots of others), the economy isn't exactly a train wreck, by any stretch.  

20 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Trump's best economic quarter would come in 5th amongst Obama's 16. Plus, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves in thinking that rising interest rates and costs of goods will be a good thing.

It also came by way of short term gains at the expense of long term stability.

Trump had to pour gas on the economy to get Obama's 5th best quarter, and that was after inheriting 8 years of recovery and stability, while Obama inherited a disaster.

The Right will puff out their chest about this quarterly report but everyone with a clue is concerned about quite a few things.

Things look solid, but instead of preparing ourselves for another crisis we're pretending another crisis can't/won't happen and that's going to make the next crisis hurt significantly more.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If there is one advantage Trump has for 2020 it's that I do feel our system tends to favor incumbents over challengers. 

And 4 years is a long time to build up and sustain outrage. A long time.

16 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

OBL was never in Iraq.

I didn't say he was.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Things look solid, but instead of preparing ourselves for another crisis we're pretending another crisis can't/won't happen and that's going to make the next crisis hurt significantly more.

The stated justification for the Bush tax cuts, at the time, was a Republican study.  

They took the federal "budget surplus" which Bush inherited, then projected that that surplus would not only continue forever, but would be greatly expanded (due to the magical powers of trickle down economics.)  They then took, not the median of their projection, but the best possible outlier of it, and predicted that if they did nothing, then the entire federal debt would be paid off by 2015.  

And this, they argued, was unacceptable.  Because there's a chance that the Democrats might be in charge in 2015, and we all know that, if the Dems are in charge when the federal debt is paid off, then the Dems will spend the money.  

And therefore, we must pass this tax cut on the rich, right now, to prevent the nightmare scenario of the federal debt being paid off in 2015 from coming true.  

The stated reason for the tax cuts, was to prevent paying down the debt during prosperous times.  

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If there is one advantage Trump has for 2020 it's that I do feel our system tends to favor incumbents over challengers. 

As someone has pointed out, multiple times, Presidential re-election campaigns historically are simply referenda on the current President.  And by far, the dominant issue is the state of the economy.  

If the economy, in 2020, is roughly what it is right now, then Trump certainly has a chance.  

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

And 4 years is a long time to build up and sustain outrage. A long time.

I'm reminded of The Dark Knight when Gordon is lamenting the fact that Sal Maroni is going to avoid jail time and harvey Dent says "Well, the good thing about the mob is they keep giving you second chances"

It's easier to sustain outrage when Trump does something every week to remind us how terrible, incompetent and pathetic he is. 

52 minutes ago, tshile said:

We've already seen that Trump's base has no moral standard. They don't care who he's slept with, when, or how he has treated people throughout his life. 

They will obviously hold moral standards for others and loudly feign moral outrage when it lets them complain about others, but there is no standard for Trump.

I can only speak for myself, t, but I'd say moral standards in this country have accelerated in getting worse since the Clinton Sexcapades.

On both sides, and in the middle.

But we survived Clinton. We'll survive Trump.

However, a big difference here is that, so far, Trump's infidelities happened before he was elected. Unlike Clinton, and Kennedy. Their's were before, and during.

Trump's all seem to be consensual. Like Kennedy's were. 

I haven't seen where numerous women have accused him of varying degrees of rape, like Clinton.

And, to date, no assertions that the Secret Service had to participate in White House rendezvous as they did under Clinton, and Kennedy.

I'd say the feigned moral outrage is coming now, from the left, over affairs that happened years ago. Outside of the White House.

Many of the same ones who said, "It's just sex", to cover for Bill.

If Trump gets caught getting blowjobs from an intern in a White House foyer, or has the Secret Service shuttling his dalliances in and out of the White House. Or otherwise being forced to put up with it, I'll scream as loud as anyone to throw him out the door.  

TIME TO BURN SOME WITCHES.  :evil:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/from-six-homes-to-a-city-jail----paul-manafort-who-redefined-lobbying-faces-trial/2018/07/26/2f1650fa-89d3-11e8-85ae-511bc1146b0b_story.html?utm_term=.fe2358311f9d

Two years ago, Paul Manafort was on top of the world.

He could stay in condos at Manhattan’s Trump Tower or along Alexandria’s waterfront, at his Hamptons compound or his mansion inside a gated Palm Beach country club. His suits were custom-made by expensive tailors. He was leading the campaign of the next president of the United States.

Now, he wears a green jumpsuit and sleeps on a bed of concrete in Alexandria’s jail. The lights come on at 5 a.m.; it’s always cold and the food is bland. He is mostly alone, in protective custody.

On Tuesday, when his trial on bank and tax fraud charges begins in federal court in Alexandria, prosecutors working with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III will seek to keep him behind bars.

For the first time, the probe into Russian election interference that has operated largely behind closed doors will reveal some of its work. A conviction on the 18 counts brought against Manafort would add credibility to Mueller’s ongoing inquiry. Failure will underline the criticism he has received from President Trump and others who suggest his operation is a partisan “witch hunt.”

Since being appointed in May 2017, Mueller has charged 32 people, including 26 Russians and several people involved in the Trump campaign. Five people, including Manafort’s onetime business partner, Richard Gates, have pleaded guilty. Manafort is the first to go to trial, and he faces a second court battle on related charges in D.C. federal court this fall.

6 minutes ago, Ax said:

I haven't seen where numerous women have accused him of varying degrees of rape, like Clinton.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list-trumps-accusers-allegations-sexual-misconduct/story?id=51956410

At least 16 women have accused Donald Trump of varying inappropriate behavior, including allegations of sexual harassment or sexual assault, all coming forward with their accusations before or during his bid for the White House.

#fakenews

Moral standards haven't changed. We just know more about each other these days. And we're shocked to find out just how ****ed up people really are in their regular everyday lives. (and we hope no one finds out about our own indiscretions and filthy habits.)

People weren't any less depraved in the good ol' days that never actually existed the way we'd want to remember. So long as there has been penises, there have been people who rape, who assault, who are lewd and insulting and demeaning to women or anyone else they perceive as weaker.. And that won't change.

what has to change is how tolerant we are of those who are expected to maintain public trust when they exhibit such behavior, and not change our tune when it suddenly is our guy who is being outed as a pig.

Everyone loves to point out when the other guy is being a hypocrite. But no one ever changes to remove their hypocrisy, they just look for an opportunity to scream it back at anyone accusing them of it. (Clue: No one is keeping score. No one gives a **** how many more times you pointed at the other guy than he pointed at you.)

Team wins out over morality. These are personal choices made within ourselves that have nothing to do with any politics, any outside influences at all. They are from us, and no one can influence it but the individual.

If you're a hypocrite, it's because you have chosen to be. If you continually cry "what about" when confronted with your own mis-deeds, then it's you who are failing yourself. To then ask for civility and respect is laughable. You don't even have it for yourself. You can't tell when you are lying to yourself, or you don't care that you are.
Respect that? Get the **** out with that.

~Bang

22 minutes ago, Ax said:

However, a big difference here is that, so far, Trump's infidelities happened before he was elected. Unlike Clinton, and Kennedy. Their's were before, and during.

Yeah, I'm certain that a person who has bragged about the fact that for his entire life, he has believed that power is something that one uses to grab women by the ***** (including women the age and appearance of his daughter), once he is granted vastly more power, will stop doing it.  

Abraham Lincoln is quoted as saying "if you want to test a man's character, give him power".  Everything I've seen from Donald Trump sure says to me that he'll pass that test.  

Please, feel free to run through some more of your menu of excuses you've been fed, for why Donald Trump strolling through the dressing rooms of teenage beauty contestants is morally cool for you, but Bill Clinton is a multiple rapist.  

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well damn. I was wrong about there not being a number of women making allegations. Some are most likely true.

Damn perv.

But actually reading the whole story, it's also most likely that most were indeed politically, or financially motivated.

I still don't equate "his hand then brushed against my breast", with, "He raped me."

27 minutes ago, Ax said:

I can only speak for myself, t, but I'd say moral standards in this country have accelerated in getting worse since the Clinton Sexcapades.

On both sides, and in the middle.

But we survived Clinton. We'll survive Trump.

People get to choose what they do and don't care about. I grew up during the moral outrage over clinton. I'm watching those same people now pretend that Trump's immorality doesn't matter. It can be blamed on Clinton, it can be written off as having occurred before his presidency, or whatever else.

This is just my person opinion, and it's directed generally..

The bottom line is that you either care about one's morality or you don't. If your'e willing to write it off, then what you're saying is that you don't care about the moral standards of the president. Before during or after is irrelevant - they tell you about the person. If you're going to care about one president's, but not another, then you're just a hypocrite.

I'm watching those people who told me how bad of a person Clinton was for his immorality, tell me Trump's immorality doesn't matter. Paying off people he had affairs with, the timing of his affairs, what he has said about women... and that's just the low hanging fruit on the Trump Immorality Tree.

It tells me what I need to know about those people. They don't care about morality. They're also hypocrites.

2 hours ago, Ax said:

But anything that says that man made global warming is BS, is closer to the truth than man made global warming.

lol. Why do so many conservatives believe this? You all need the Billy Madison treatment, prove you can pass grades 1-12.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah, I'm certain that a person who has bragged about the fact that for his entire life, he has believed that power is something that one uses to grab women by the ***** (including women the age and appearance of his daughter), once he is granted vastly more power, will stop doing it.  

Abraham Lincoln is quoted as saying "if you want to test a man's character, give him power".  Everything I've seen from Donald Trump sure says to me that he'll pass that test.  

Please, feel free to run through some more of your menu of excuses you've been fed, for why Donald Trump strolling through the dressing rooms of teenage beauty contestants is morally cool for you, but Bill Clinton is a multiple rapist.  

There are many distasteful things about Trump. I've already said I wouldn't want him married to my sister. I also know, if he ever groped my sister, like some of these women have alleged, she would have knocked him out on the spot. If he's dumb enough to continue this kind of alleged behavior, knowing the microscope he's under, then he deserves to get caught. But so far, there's nothing close to a stained blue dress.

4 minutes ago, Ax said:

Well damn. I was wrong about there not being a number of women making allegations. Some are most likely true.

Damn perv.

But actually reading the whole story, it's also most likely that most were indeed politically, or financially motivated.

I still don't equate "his hand then brushed against my breast", with, "He raped me."

Trump has been credibly accused of the same type of conduct that you are so upset that Bill Clinton did.  You can either be consistent or be a hypocrite.  I honestly don't care, your credibility can't really go any lower.  

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Trump has been credibly accused of the same type of conduct that you are so upset that Bill Clinton did.  You can either be consistent or be a hypocrite.  I honestly don't care, your credibility can't really go any lower.  

Sorry, I missed the allegation of forced intercourse against Trump. Not saying groping and kissing are acceptable behavior. But they don't equal forcing a penis into a women.

Hey! Nowhere to go but up!

Winning!

This one spells it out pretty well. The Right has convinced themselves that the outrage they see is because we're delusional and just can't handle that Trump won, when in fact it is that we're finally done with the mountain of fake ass bull**** being shoveled from the Right for decades.

1 minute ago, Ax said:

I see the mob has failed to scare him off too.

Nah, we're pretty sure he's a Russian bot at this point. What's your excuse?

Archived