Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

16 hours ago, Dan T. said:

This Nation is too strong to be ruined by one narcissistic, compulsive liar, though he can, and already has, damaged some of the institutions - the FBI, the intelligence agencies, State Department, Justice, the free press.

They will all bounce back and remain strong again long after his rotting corpse is moldering.

I would agree but he has the backing of the GOP and what is essentially, state-run media at this point. 

We are yet to see what happens once his family members start getting indicted, which seems likely at this point. We should not underestimate the fact that he has broad support from some absolutely insane people.

8 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:
Those who died for this country would be so proud of me. 

So amazing how tone-deaf that tweet is and even more amazing is how many people don't care and excuse this egomaniacal behavior.

As DJT himself would say, "SAD!"

Kinda Trump related. (And not worthy of a new thread). 

Between the tax cut and the new budget, I remember reading claims that we were about to triple the deficit. I'm certain that I've used that phrase myself, in a few posts. 

But a week or two ago, I went to actually get some numbers to back that claim up. Found a government web site (which I can't quickly find, right now), that lists the federal deficit by month. 

And the numbers bounce around, month to month. (For example, we had a month recently where a weekend caused a lot of monthly government checks to get pushed to the following month). And the numbers are somewhat bigger than a year ago. 

But they're not remotely close to triple. Not close to double. 

Were the projections way too alarmist?  Or is there some reason why the projected skyrocketing just hasn't happened, yet?  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Kinda Trump related. (And not worthy of a new thread). 

Between the tax cut and the new budget, I remember reading claims that we were about to triple the deficit. I'm certain that I've used that phrase myself, in a few posts. 

But they're not remotely close to triple. Not close to double. 

Were the projections way too alarmist?  Or is there some reason why the projected skyrocketing just hasn't happened, yet?  

I don't think so. After all, a lot of the provisions of that bill haven't hit us yet. I think the biggest threat to their actions was always in the near future. It was meant to be a very short term benefit and a long term disaster.

I looked back through a few pages and didn't see this posted.

Navy graduates deride 'physical coward' Trump ahead of Academy commencement address

Barkhuff and Burke graduated from the Academy in 2001. They now work at Veterans for Responsible Leadership. 

They wrote of the sacrifices made by various Naval Academy graduates, such as Sen. John McCain, over the years. 

"Contrast this to the personal and professional honor of the sitting president of the United States, who time and again makes small choices guided by self-interest, ego, impulse and immediate self-gratification," they wrote. "He could never do what we ask our U.S. Naval Academy graduates to do. He is a physical coward, a liar and no leader at all." 

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

The CBO gives a good overview here.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53651

Deficits are historically high - maybe if the economy is doing as well as the White House claims, we could try to reduce the deficit.

Every other developed nation has worked to reduce its deficits since the financial meltdown of 07-08. 

We were on the same path until the bozos of this country decided to elect the most fiscally irresponsible party in US history.

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

So amazing how tone-deaf that tweet is and even more amazing is how many people don't care and excuse this egomaniacal behavior.

As DJT himself would say, "SAD!"

It gets better.  Saw this on Reddit:

yxuyac-r1wvvkeC6u1VTEzw5g-osJOf11SNfAgTZ'

White Trash President for White Trash America.

Archived