Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Stephen A Smith destroys the Redskins, calls them 'losers'

Boss_Hogg

1 minute ago, DM72 said:

They were just on talking about it again. The Redskins declined Baker to go on First Take.

Again today, I had more problems with Max's take than Stephen A's take. Max's seemed more personal than Stephen's IMO.

By the way, Stephen A says he will be on Doc and Mitch's show after 3:00 pm. 

What did Max say? I missed that? Hate that guy also

4 minutes ago, Skin21 said:

What did Max say? I missed that? Hate that guy also

First he says, "That Washington Team." Then he says that we're the most unlikable team in the division. We're only one game above the Giants and how can we rule the division when the Giants won 2 recent SuperBowls? 

He pretty much, like yesterday, strongly implied that everyone in the NFC East is relevant besides the Redskins.

9 minutes ago, zoony said:

Who gives a **** what this dummy says or thinks. Moving on

I agree. I've long said that for a fanbase who largely hates every pundit/commentator/talk show host out there and couldn't give an ounce of monkey piss about anything they say, we often look for their approval way too much in what kind of team we have.

They're not experts on football or the Redskins. They're just fans like everyone else

Apparently Screamin' Shapeup is gonna be on the Locker Room with Doc and B Mitch, and has challenged Baker to come on the show.

Honestly Baker should have just ignored what was said yesterday. He hasn't a leg to stand on, especially as a defensive player. Plus he's not gonna win a **** talking contest with him. One thing I can admire about Stephen A is that he is a Master Assassin when it comes to that fine art.

13 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

You are just seeing the ugly, anti-Redskin bias in the sports media rear its ugly head.

The anti-Redskin bias in sports media is a myth. The media only really calls teams or players out when they deserve it. Our team has done very little in a quarter of a century to earn the media's praise. Generally, when we play well or have a winning streak, we are noticed. When we are irrelevant and someone in our organization starts talking big, we are called out for it. 

47 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Screamin A is a clown. He's a Giants fan and they haven't made the playoffs in 5 years. In that time we've won two division titles. Who are the losers?

To me that's the operative point but I direct it more at Kellerman.  Stephen Smith's point more or less was knocking the Redskins for not winning a Superbowl in forever and that they celebrate an NFC East title as if its a be all and end all -- shows how far down the franchise has come, etc.  I get the point and its not a crazy one IMO.  The way its been for two decades now, winning the division is a big deal.  Back in the 80s it was an expectation -- no big deal -- the big deal was about getting to the Super Bowl.    But S. Smith said it in an obnoxious fashion.    Today more or less Stephen doubled down on the point, toned it down a little, and more or less implied hey Redskins I blast the Cowboys all the time, that's the team he hates, that's something he has in common with the Redskins -- so why come after him?

I find Kellerman by far the more obnoxious one. More or less saying how dare the Redskins say that when the Giants are the most relevant team because of them having the more recent Superbowl.    Yeah even though the Giants are the one team who hasn't won a division in the last 5 years.  Yesterday, he talked about how he's glad that the Redskins are in the division, its the one team in the division he counts on the Giants to beat. 

The last 4 years we have won the division twice. So I would say we are on the upswing. So yeah, I would say its our division currently especially since we are the defending champs. Our guys should be annoyed that the Eagles were touted as better then us and we were going to lose. Im glad that pissed them off.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The way its been for two decades now, winning the division is a big deal.  Back in the 80s it was an expectation -- no big deal -- the big deal was about getting to the Super Bowl.    But S. Smith said it in an obnoxious fashion.    Today more or less Stephen doubled down on the point, toned it down a little, and more or less implied hey Redskins I blast the Cowboys all the time, that's the team he hates, that's something he has in common with the Redskins -- so why come after him?

I wonder why people think this? We had a 3-year stretch when we won the division consecutively in the very beginning of Gibbs 1 (1982-84). Outside of that, we won it only 2 more times in his final 8 seasons as coach (1987, 1991). So, it was never really "an expectation" even during the golden age. Now, we were good in the playoffs whether we won the division or not, so that wasn't seen as any sort of accomplishment. But, after 1984 through the year Gibbs retired, the Giants and Cowboys had as many or more division titles than we did. 

Some people work two jobs and just earn enough to support there family. Every day in there life is a grind. 

Some other people just talk trash on tv for a couple of hours and make 2 million a year. 

I respect the first group, don't care about the second one. They are just talking heads looking for sensation.

1 hour ago, Patrick Evidente said:

Why is there such a media uproar about the Redskins beating Philly? Is it because we were not supposed to win?

It's because Bakers comments were picked up by the national media., saying we are the big dogs in the NFC East, basically (when we aren't, at least right now)

And because of our recent history as an underwhelming franchise, we are talked about like we are an underwhelming franchise.

I wish baker didnt respond to Stephen A. This is what he wants so he feels justified for going on an extended "look at me, I matter in the sports world" rant. 

Just ignore him. He attacks 100 different people a day hoping 1 or 2 will respond so that he can go off. Just dont take the bait. 

Stephen A is the lowest form of loud, obnoxious, click bait sports commentator garbage out there. 

Archived