Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Stephen A Smith destroys the Redskins, calls them 'losers'

Boss_Hogg

Didn't hear the beginning but from what I caught -- Stephen Smith more or less said:

His main point was the issue with the Redskins appear too easily self-satisfied with an NFL East crown and if that's the case it's going to limit them and its par for the course for how the Redskins have been for a long time.  He thinks they are stacked talent wise and should have greater ambitions then winning a title.   And them bragging about an NFC East title indicated to him that they are satisfied with small ambitions.  

Brian Mitchell then get into it when Stephen Smith where it got testy -- with Brian going on how Smith shouldn't make assumptions without it being backed by facts.  Smith fired back that talk sports is all about making assumptions.   Smith conceded that the local guys would know more about what the players are truly thinking. 

Actually by and large Smith was pretty complementary of the team, talking about the players, said they can beat just about any team.    He said don't just get to the playoffs but get there and make some noise.

He's now saying that he thinks the Redskins are way too talented to be satisfied with winning the NFC East, that they are so good they should be worried about winning the whole thing.

Ummm, I'm pretty sure he referred to them as losers.  I had to bail before it was over so I don't know if anyone called him on that piece.  BMitch was really letting him have it.  Pretty entertaining stuff.

3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

What was said?

BMitch brought up the fact that SAS was assuming a whole lot, without really knowing the facts behind what was going on.  That the defense had been beat up by the critics for weeks and that they were fired up coming off a win at home and that's what ball players do directly after a game.  It then became SAS doing his thing, yelling over BMitch, saying they invited him to their show.  BMitch made it clear that he didn't invite him and didn't care one iota about what he has to say.  He also said he'd be damned if he was going to let him come on his show and tell him when to talk.  Pretty good stuff.

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

So...are we now all going to LOVE SAS for saying we are talented and should strive for me than a division title??????? :)

I know SAS's act. I'm not falling for it. He's like a bully. You hit back and he will soften his stance.

Steven Asshat Smith is just a barnacled, frothing, pungent turd baking in the Alabama heat. Who cares what he says.

As a whole, this whole "shock jock" loudmouth BS coming out of ESPN is boring and utterly stupid. Let's just shout ignorant, bull**** opinions as loudly as we can so we can get a few viewers! Great business plan. 

ESPN is going down the ****ter.

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

So...are we now all going to LOVE SAS for saying we are talented and should strive for me than a division title??????? :)

Hahaha he did NOTHING but back pedal pretty much the entire time he talked.  Then when BMitch called him out, his canned response was "I SIMPLY STATED HOW I FELT AT THE TIME AND NOTHING MORE WAH WAH WAH!!!"

21 hours ago, DM72 said:

The Eagles haven't been relevant since the McNabb years. Have you forgotten the glorious Chip Kelly era? Lately, we've even won more than Philly. 

And I could care less what you think, but I give a rats ass about all 3 of our SuperBowls. 

Didn't Chip Kelly have back to back winning seasons in Philly?  Skins haven't done that in 25 years!

SAS "talked all the jazz" on First Take, but punked out when BMitch called him out. Just like mentioned above about bullies, stand up to them and punch them in the mouth, then then start acting right. SAS will change his tune again tomorrow on FT. Can't believe he said all the good things about the SKINS on the radio, but on TV, he disses us constantly. He's a straight up punk.  Only good thing about the. FT show is Molly.

10 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Didn't Chip Kelly have back to back winning seasons in Philly?  Skins haven't done that in 25 years!

And then he got ran outta town. And since we're going back 25 years, did the Eagles win a SuperBowl in those 25 years? I know the Redskins did. 

Archived