Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Stephen A Smith destroys the Redskins, calls them 'losers'

Boss_Hogg

At first I thought he was a loudmouth clown, but then I got it.  The is what he does to draw attention to himself and get ratings:  Talk as loud as humanly possible and look like a fool while doing it.  The guy does it to get a rile out of us and obviously it's working.  Honestly, we shouldn't give him the attention he doesn't deserve.  

I could understand them being upset if the fans, owner/FO were barking about running the NFC East... but players after a division win? Come on. These players weren't even around for most of our ineptitude. And they probably don't care. They just know that they're playing well NOW, and won the division last year. 

Not to mention, Max was talking about how the Cowboys have been contenders in recent years... they've won TWO playoffs games in the last 20 years. They had no problem mentioning how many times we missed the playoffs though. Dallas has been just slightly better than us, overall, in the past 2 decades. 

Well that explains a lot...I coulda sworn he was a giants fan..but i only really watched that show when they were talkin' bout us...or NFCE....so goes to show you what a pretender and opportunist he is....pffftt...

giphy.gif

/hard for me to give your opinion respect when you aren't even really a fan...

6 hours ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

He pulls for two NFL teams, Steelers and the Giants. That show has always grinded an axe on the back of the redskins, nothing new. Kellerman is a doofus too, where's James Tony when u need him?

the coaches need to keep our guys between the gutters and we can do big things.

httr

I am pretty sure he is also a closet philly fan. Steelers first, then the giants and philly as second teams.

When skip was there and molly came to the show it was skip for dallas, molly for the giants and sas for philly when discussing the NFC east. I never watched it much to begin with but then they started the Redskins bashing with no one to defend the team and I said to hell with it. kellerman is as big a douche as bayless, maybe even more as hard as that is to believe.

9 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Kellerman refuses to say Redskins. **** him.

It's Kellerman IMO usually who is the over the top Giants fan and Redskins hater.  He refused to give kudus for the Redskins win over the Giants. Loves to rave about OBJ being the best.   Even though the Giants are the one team in the East who haven't made the playoffs in the last 5 years, he said yesterday they have been the most relevant team in the NFC east because they won the most recent Superbowls.  

S. Smith said yesterday he hates the Cowboys, he doesn't hate the Redskins.  I'd say watching the show, that's true.  And he doesn't really go on about the Giants -- that's Kellerman's drill.  Having said that, I think they miss Skip because while Skip had some outlandish positions, he knew football.  S. smith is really a basketball guy not a football guy by his own admission. And Kellerman doesn't know much either.

Ironically its Bayless who is more respectful to the Redskins this season and on his show he picked them to beat the Eagles before the game, he picked them to beat the Giants, too. 

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Guilty pleasure of mine I watch a lot of First Take.  Bayless would mock Stephen Smith on multiple episodes for not being a real Giants fan because its his 2nd favorite team not his first.  His favorite team is 100% the Steelers.  Smith has said so multiple times.  Not that it matters.

Since he worked for the Philadelphia inquirer I bet he was also an Eagles fan, which makes him even more despicable. :silly:

19 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Since he worked for the Philadelphia inquirer I bet he was also an Eagles fan, which makes him even more despicable. :silly:

Actually he's not an Eagles guy.   I don't hate the show as some do on this thread so I've seen it a ton. But yeah it was Bayless not Smith who could converse football.  Now no one on that show now knows football IMO.  S. Smith's NFL passion is hating the Cowboys.  A distant 2nd is liking the Steelers.  A very distant third is liking the Giants which you would hardly even know these days because he seems borderline anti-Giants to balance out the rabid Giants fan in Kellerman.   Knowing S. Smith's style he would have called out any NFC east team if they claimed they are the beasts of the easts.  Though, Smith was obnoxious in doing it.  

But I admit I cringe a little with RJF -- this isn't the first time he's boasted.  He's the guy on the team mostly likely to give bulletin board material to the opponents which is odd considering the dude is just a rotational D lineman.  We got players who talk about feeding off of bulletin board material and that it drives them -- and then they go off and do the same thing here.   If they are correct doesn't it cut both ways?  When Dallas plays us on Thanksgiving, why not play Baker and RJF bragging that they are the team to beat to get their team going?  It was Baker after they beat the Eagles last season, talking about Fletcher Cox's boasts and it was a motivator.    I am not saying this stuff is the be all and end all but since they say its fuel for them why give your opponent's fuel, too?    

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they are correct doesn't it cut both ways?  When Dallas plays us on Thanksgiving, why not play Baker and RJF bragging that they are the team to beat to get their team going?  It was Baker after they beat the Eagles last season, talking about Fletcher Cox's boasts and it was a motivator.    I am not saying this stuff is the be all and end all but since they say its fuel for them why give your opponent's fuel, too?    

yes it goes both ways. It's definitely better to play the smart way, fuel from the others than the other way around. Some people have a knack for it, targeting the most sensitive player, and slightly stricking a chord without using derogatory language. Then waiting for the storm to come, and finally using it to feed their teammates with extra motivation.

18 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

I wonder what is behind it.  Is it a racial/political correctness thing? 

I think the team name has a lot to do with it. I can't even imagine the deluge of hate and scorn we're going to experience if our team makes it deep in the paloffs 

17 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I could have sworn it was the fecals. During the whole Chip Kelly is a racist fiasco Stephen A was relaying stuff he's heard from inside their locker room. 

Probably just another bandwagon bamma

He is a Steelers and Giants fan, and was an Eagles beat reporter. So they're all unapologetic Giants fans, basically... Whole set. Honestly from the brief snippet I saw earlier yesterday what Smith said was right on the money, though I also applaud the Skins D for feeling the way they feel. But the reality is exactly what he said. 1991 was a very long time ago. And what he said is no different than the statements/discussions I've read on this very board for years.

This team is allergic to expectations. That is a fact. They have been a straight up disaster largely since I've watched them (1995). Horrible, dysfunctional, moronic, play, coaching, and management, and ownership, with a few fleeting moments of success along the way.

One little okay 9-7 season does not erase 25 years of failure.

I'm glad these players are pissed off and fired up. They should be, because we have been everyone's **** for long enough. You wanna be taken seriously? Then keep this thing going, and take care of Detroit (who has owned you for the last 6-7 years), otherwise the same laughs and giggles and scorching hot takes that abound whenever the Redskins are brought up these days, will come right back, and whether I like it or not, they'll be right.

I'm in the same boat as Mr. Sinister. Stephen's not wrong... With the Spurrier era being my introduction to the Redskins, it's fun to say we won a third Super Bowl 25 years ago, but it's still literally a lifetime ago as far as I'm concerned. For the people that watch First Take, I'd estimate that it's the same. The only time I'll really take the team's success seriously is if they actually put up consistent wins to do it. Until then, I've got nothing to say back to him.

That being said, I'm still going to call him Stephen Saltflake.

Alright seriously, these clown sightings gotta stop

CvIOCYGUkAAxrh5.jpg

CvIOCYJUsAAQ5o7.jpg
CvIOCYIVMAI-wJC.jpg
CvIOCYJUsAEweVK.jpg
49 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He is a Steelers and Giants fan, and was an Eagles beat reporter.

@espn980 @stephenasmith He is a Steelers and Giants fan, and was an Eagles beat reporter, why would anyone care what he thinks.

They were just on talking about it again. The Redskins declined Baker to go on First Take.

Again today, I had more problems with Max's take than Stephen A's take. Max's seemed more personal than Stephen's IMO.

By the way, Stephen A says he will be on Doc and Mitch's show after 3:00 pm. 

Archived