Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Stephen A Smith destroys the Redskins, calls them 'losers'

Boss_Hogg

20 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

I'm not going to try and convince you of anything, but if the Redskins win the division again this season, and they are all AGAIN picking us to finish 4th in the division in 2017, you'll understand. :) 

I might agree with you then. Up until now though, it's been over 20 years since we've followed a decent year with another year of contending. So I understand why are largely ignored. It's also not like we haven't been overrated through the years (national media falling for these false starts). I believe that a lot of people jumped on the 2000, 2006, and 2013 bandwagons. 

On 10/18/2016 at 6:56 PM, Califan007 said:

Because he destroyed their roster in the process and only got one playoff birth...the Crazy Chip eagles were definitely trending downward for the last year and a half he was there.

I get that it got nasty real fast, but it was by no means a disaster. 

On 10/22/2016 at 8:38 AM, grego said:

Do you think Kelly should have been fired? 

Obviously it's more than just what happened with player turnover, I'm just his ego made him unbearable to work with. He took a chance on moulding a roster to his likes and that didn't work.

All this damn noise I took from the @Redskins last week, and y'all go out and lose to the @Lions?? @FirstTake can't come soon enough in AM

34 minutes ago, bih said:

damn right he called them losers, they have been losers for over two decades. why sugarcoat it,  they are bad and make terrible mistakes game after game. 

I said this on the game thread, last season RJF shot his mouth off the week leading to the MNF game, they ended up having a demoralizing loss.  He did it again this time, another demoralizing loss.  One reporter after this season maybe it was Keim said he was told by a player that they were feeling themselves before the Dallas MNF game and that game gave them a good rude awakening.  And they fed off of it after the loss.  The RJF curse -- stay humble dude.  Heck but maybe like last season its a blessing in disguise.

48 minutes ago, bih said:

damn right he called them losers, they have been losers for over two decades. why sugarcoat it,  they are bad and make terrible mistakes game after game. 

They proved him right by saving their worst drive for the most important part of the game.

Respect is earned, not given. All they earned was more criticism, collectively

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All this damn noise I took from the @Redskins last week, and y'all go out and lose to the @Lions?? @FirstTake can't come soon enough in AM

They deserve it. You call out somebody you'd better man up and show out on the field.

is it bad that I was hoping Snyder would move the team to LA? I cant stand them anymore, trashed another shirt, threw bunch of other stuff in garbage this year people been gifting me over the years. why did I pick this loser of a team? 

2 minutes ago, bih said:

is it bad that I was hoping Snyder would move the team to LA? I cant stand them anymore, trashed another shirt, threw bunch of other stuff in garbage this year people been gifting me over the years. why did I pick this loser of a team? 

This team has won three Super Bowls. They've been to five. I'm sure Browns and eagles fans have suffered far worse than we have. 

I think somewhere in all the hyperbole that Stephen A Smith spews, he has a point, but he is too busy trying to be a loud mouth than actually articulate what he has to say.

I think what point he made was lost in the "LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS" labeling.

If he would have just said "Until your franchise goes out and becomes a consistent winning team I don't want to hear you get hyped up over a single individual win" that would have been fine. However, because he is Stephen A. Smith and the sports media has pretty much become cable news political fireball throwers, he can't come with a level headed take, it has to be "LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS"

Archived