Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious case of Josh Doctson M.E.T. , (3-29-17, 100%)

SWFLSkins

25 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd be more interested in someone naming an athlete with a similar injury and timeline as Doctson.

The reason there is wild speculation about him is due to the fact that there really isn't much to compare his situation to.  Jay hasn't done much to provide any sort of optimism on him in that regard either.  I'm not saying that he should be, one would just think the head coach would be optimistic if there was any reason to be.

Uncharted territory. 

I can't recall a similar situation in 30+ years of watching football. The fact that there's so much disinformation and lack of solid info is extremely concerning. 

IMO, he's as good as gone unless he magically recovers and plays. He's gone until he shows up.

For what it's worth, Achilles tendinosis(degeneration of Achilles on a cellular and or structural level) often precedes tendon rupture. So many guys play through it I bet if you broke it down, most players who rupture had tendinosis. 

Im less worried about his pain and more worried about his future risk of rupture. That is, of course, if he ever takes the field for us 

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Redskins-Place-Rookie-Josh-Doctson-On-Injured-Reserve/ab96e404-792f-439e-9a98-39f67b14a5e7

“I’m frustrated for him. I feel bad for him. He wants to play in the worst way," Gruden said. "

This is the most unique injury that people have seen you know. Can’t put a finger on why he’s having pain, but he’s having pain. And he wants to play. And he’s not the same guy when you can’t push off because your Achilles is bothering you. So we got to get to the bottom of it and give him a little bit of time hopefully and try to get to the bottom of it, but we’re more concerned about longevity right now. We want to make sure he gets well.”

That was quoted in October. Doubt you will find another one like this. I think I get the frustration from Jay Gruden. He's the coach, his job security is dependent on the players performing and Josh wasn't able to last year. Very frustrating situation for him to know that not only Josh but all of the rookies picked in 2016 didn't see much of the field.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/just-two-teams-got-fewer-snaps-their-rookies-redskins-josh-doctson-health-sua-cravens?utm_content=buffercc59b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Jay only got 800 snaps from the entire class, second worst in the league last year. That's a hell of a fall from the excitement these men had for these guys when they were drafted. It's going to cause frustration for sure. And it's completely out of Jay's hands, he is powerless about this. All he can do is the same as you and I, kick back wait and hope. For a workaholic that's like being in hell. But all we can do is kick back and wait

My guess is we will not see Doctson make any significant contribution and may end up a wasted pick.  IF he has Achilles Tendonitis, would be surprised if he is able to consistently perform at a high level.  The biggest problem with AT is the inability to get rid of it, there are no surgeries, there are no treatments to heal it, and when in enflamed, makes walking / running extremely painful.

I was diagnosed with it when I was a 22 yr old Marine, at times, I had trouble walking down a flight of stairs without use of side rails and if bumped it, was immediately on the floor in pain.  It SUCKED!  It went into hibernation sometimes but only after NOT doing anything strenuous for a bit, only to rear its ugly head again after doing some basic exercises.

I was told I had to live with it, do a lot of stretching, stay away from anything requiring a lot of stress on my heal and if needed, cortisone shots to ease pain.  Never fails though, after playing basketball, softball, football, running sprints or even a light jog, it comes back.  I am  a 19 yr Active Duty Soldier (after 4 yrs in corps and 9 yrs civil) and have to maintain my fitness levels and am constantly dealing with this issue.  Of course, being 47 yrs old, body doesn't heal like it used too?

For what it's worth, when I asked about rupturing my Achilles, Drs assured me they aren't related.  Tendonitis is not a sign of a potential rupture or weakening of the tendon.  It just sucks.

30 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

My guess is we will not see Doctson make any significant contribution and may end up a wasted pick.  IF he has Achilles Tendonitis, would be surprised if he is able to consistently perform at a high level.  The biggest problem with AT is the inability to get rid of it, there are no surgeries, there are no treatments to heal it, and when in enflamed, makes walking / running extremely painful.

I was diagnosed with it when I was a 22 yr old Marine, at times, I had trouble walking down a flight of stairs without use of side rails and if bumped it, was immediately on the floor in pain.  It SUCKED!  It went into hibernation sometimes but only after NOT doing anything strenuous for a bit, only to rear its ugly head again after doing some basic exercises.

I was told I had to live with it, do a lot of stretching, stay away from anything requiring a lot of stress on my heal and if needed, cortisone shots to ease pain.  Never fails though, after playing basketball, softball, football, running sprints or even a light jog, it comes back.  I am  a 19 yr Active Duty Soldier (after 4 yrs in corps and 9 yrs civil) and have to maintain my fitness levels and am constantly dealing with this issue.  Of course, being 47 yrs old, body doesn't heal like it used too?

For what it's worth, when I asked about rupturing my Achilles, Drs assured me they aren't related.  Tendonitis is not a sign of a potential rupture or weakening of the tendon.  It just sucks.

I was having issues for a while too, but when I cut out K-cup coffee, it went away

29 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

@Rskins06  First of all, thank you very much for your service to our country.  And thank you also for some insight into what Doctson may be dealing with... It's obviously not what any of us wants to hear.... I think at this point we should all just prepare ourselves for the fact that he will never make a significant contribution, but be pleasantly surprised if he does...  sigh.....

4 hours ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Dumb question but was this an existing injury that the doctors missed during the combines or did he injure himself as a Redskin. 

To my knowledge, this injury did not occur in college. He hurt it at some point in minicamp/training camp/pre season, was out, rushed back in, and reaggravated it(in the Week 2 Dallas game or one of the practices leading up to or after that)and from then on its been a mystery.

13 hours ago, method man said:

I was having issues for a while too, but when I cut out K-cup coffee, it went away

No **** really? Did you hear that it would help or did you just decide to not keurig and then saw correlation in tendonitis symptoms lessening? That is some random **** lol

14 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

No **** really? Did you hear that it would help or did you just decide to not keurig and then saw correlation in tendonitis symptoms lessening? That is some random **** lol

I think I stopped at the time because I was experiencing all your usual coffee symptoms (ex anxiety and dehydration). When I stopped with the coffee to solve for these symptoms, I also realized that the tendonitis went away.

On 31/01/2017 at 4:34 PM, Gregpeck99 said:

This thread should be closed ... everything that has been said on the subject has been said.

Let's try and save some trees around here.

STOP PRINTING OUT THE INTERNET - ! :) I bet your doing it on a shared printer too ... 

53 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Maybe it's sympathy pain from the cousins contract. 

Or he wanted to play with Bob and is doing a silent protest.

Maybe Grant and Harris threatened him about taking their jobs and hes scared.

Or he is a diehard cowboys fan(gassp!) and would rather throw his career then play for the skins. 

The repeated fade routes by our staff were an attempt to wash Doct of his disease of cowboyism. He couldn't bring himself to score and purposely made the catches look difficult. 

After Dallas won the game his disease inflamed and didn't slow down until Dr Aaron Rodgers surgically removed the growth in front of all infected with no anesthesia. Many are cured now. Time will tell with Josh...

Archived