Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious case of Josh Doctson M.E.T. , (3-29-17, 100%)

SWFLSkins

I'm going to remain hopeful. And reserve judgment.

A guy who's like 22 years old, elite athlete with a great college career.....is going to be ok.

You don't just step off a cliff like that.  What is going on is perplexing, and is hopefully just a mismanaged injury(the Skins have never had that issue right?)

Hmm...last offseason around here it was Jordan Reed who had "character issues" concerning if he really wanted to play football or just get paid...that he was milking his injuries because he wasn't serious about football.

My guess is that every player who is said to be a stud who also ends up out of practice or not playing due to injury will have "character issues" in the eyes of some fans.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Hmm...last offseason around here it was Jordan Reed who had "character issues" concerning if he really wanted to play football or just get paid...that he was milking his injuries because he wasn't serious about football.

My guess is that every player who is said to be a stud who also ends up out of practice or not playing due to injury will have "character issues" in the eyes of some fans.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Luke Keuchly went through some of those "issues" this year.

28 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Pretty sure Doctson lied about his health, then the Skins lied about his lie to cover up the fact they wasted a 1st rounder on the guy.  It would be interesting to talk to a trainer or a doctor who has had eyes on Doctson.  I doubt the prognosis would be good.

he was still judged a late first round talent after tons of doctors examined him

37 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Pretty sure Doctson lied about his health, then the Skins lied about his lie to cover up the fact they wasted a 1st rounder on the guy.  It would be interesting to talk to a trainer or a doctor who has had eyes on Doctson.  I doubt the prognosis would be good.

When exactly would he have lied?

The first few links I researched preached rest as the most important thing to do. I may have been overplaying how much rest is needed, as more and more links I find point to exercise etc farther down the road, careful rehab and treatment that encourages collagen synthesis. I think every case is probably unique and there is no single obvious course of treatment.

My latest link has good pictures and bullet points on itis vs osis (scroll down), but UGH also says healing can take years.

16 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Luke Keuchly went through some of those "issues" this year.

Luke Kuechly is a complete moron. Can't believe someone with such kind of character is still employed in the NFL...

Total crap. Then you watch somewhat like Randy Gregory falls out of round 1... Ray Rice being suspended... The NFL have it totally wrong and should hail Fred Davis.

11 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Oh We're not complaining about Manusky or Cousins anymore? Damn  that go too fast for me... I'm getting old...

Well, many fans need several simultaneous holes to hurl their complaints into.  RGIII left a big hole that people need to fill...

We're in a bad situation here, Gruden was asked if he made significant progress and he said "not really", the kids been resting for 4 months.

I thought it was interesting that Gruden said the month of Feb "will be very important for his progress to see where he's at", our backs are against the wall with needs at WR and we don't really have time to wait on Doctson to feel better.

Keuchly didn't do anything wrong. I was just making fun of the fact that some people apply the character card to someone who is injured. 

Hes got got an Achilles issue.  Doesn't always show up on standard testing. He will still have a career, people should calm down. It's concerning yes, but the sky is not falling 

Archived