Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious case of Josh Doctson M.E.T. , (3-29-17, 100%)

SWFLSkins

33 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

That was probably Josh Doctson's twin brother running routes, and stupid old Josh is sitting at home with both his legs and hands amputated because homesickness seeped into his spinal column. What a bust.

Curt Doctson. 

3 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Curt Doctson. 

I prefer Curcht. :ols:

Awesome news on Doctson.  Me thinks there will be a lot of crow on the table come August.  I truly think people are forgetting what a special talent he is.  

And no, I don't need to read 'the best ability is availability' in response to my post.  I understand the leap of faith involved in my prediction.

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Awesome news on Doctson.  Me thinks there will be a lot of crow on the table come August.  I truly think people are forgetting what a special talent he is.  

And no, I don't need to read 'the best ability is availability' in response to my post.  I understand the leap of faith involved in my prediction.

I don't know what to think anymore about his health, though I'm optimistic. I just really, really hope it works out there because, like you, I think he's an absolute stud. 

I'm just dying to see him play. I think

he's the best prospect we've had at WR since Charley Taylor or Art Monk. Just an all around talent who can do it all. We don't ever have those. 

13 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Anyone negatively (or positively even)  freaking out about a young WR before their year 3 is a clown in my opinion. Of course there's good news/bad news, good signs/bad signs along the way but complete panic and surrender, like from some on here, is just dumb and ignorant. 

I'm defintely looking forward to seeing him this upcoming year. 

24 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Anyone negatively (or positively even)  freaking out about a young WR before their year 3 is a clown in my opinion. Of course there's good news/bad news, good signs/bad signs along the way but complete panic and surrender, like from some on here, is just dumb and ignorant. 

No matter what the circumstances? Or are you suggesting everyone just keep it medium?  For heavens sake, I wouldn't want to be dumb AND ignorant.

6 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I dont disagree about jumping the gun, but that 3 year thing doesn't really matter anymore, especially for 1rst rounders.

clown.jpg

Calling all clowns, calling all clowns...  be on the lookout for a rookie WR who played a half a dozen snaps and sat out for reasons doctors couldn't find. Subject is said to be extremely talented but possibly homesick to the point of debilitation. recommend extreme caution, do not approach without backup. 

Definitely concerned. Even if the three year rule holds true, now we're looking at 3 more years. I'm heading into in the camp of "Better not miss a snap in 2017 unless your leg is falling off".

If he had been on the field making mistakes and looking like a bumbling rookie, i'd be less so...  but the guy won't even get on the field.

~Bang

I'm not a professional football player or even active physically but last year I got a case of achilles tendinitis while running on a treadmill every day. Let me tell you that it took forever to heal. I couldnt do any hard moving hell it was hard to walk. Anytime I went to go run again it would strain it and the process would start all over again. If that is what Mr. Doctson does indeed have I totally understand why it is taking so long to heal. The good news is for me at least that it did eventually go away and I am a 40 year old man. I have total faith that a young buck with all the top trainers in the world will have him on track and ready for the season and it starts now it seems.

The home sick stuff was just a wild theory from Cooley and as far as I noticed his alone.   Cooley since backed off of it saying he's seen Doctson is friendly and hangs with the younger guys on the roster.  The injury based on what was said seems to be a severe case of tendinitis where usually you don't see structural damage.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/arthritis-tendinitis#1

•  

It's early in the process as to resigning players but if there is anything to this thought below, I'd presume they are optimistic about Doctson.  Doctson and Garcon aren't the same type of player but he's not a mile off.   For his size Doctson has good speed and at times take the top off the defense, can be a great possession type, red zone target.

Multiple sources say this week WR Pierre Garcon, #Redskins still not talking. Chances of losing him AND DeSean Jackson increasing by the day

9 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I agree with this 100%. Kid is a very special talent with a freak injury last season. You can tell he wants to be out there and is working hard to get there. Will be a major addition to the O. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Good. Doc getting healthy and both old expensive WRs looking to walk.

If they let both guys go, and are putting all their hopes in the Doctson basket, my only source of reasoning is that they believe that he can come back 100℅ with no lingering issues, and be the #1 receiver.

Anything else, and they are playing Russian roulette. I hope the guy comes back, but to come back and be THE guy? After getting very little time last offseason? That seems quite ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If they let both guys go, and are putting all their hopes in the Doctson basket, my only source of reasoning is that they believe that he can come back 100℅ with no lingering issues, and be the #1 receiver.

Anything else, and they are playing Russian roulette. I hope the guy comes back, but to come back and be THE guy? After getting very little time last offseason? That seems quite ridiculous.

Doctson, Crowder.....Harris? I am not sure who else would really play the third spot unless they are looking to get someone cheap off the market. Id rather them spend money on Garcon personally. Making our biggest strength a potential weakness isn't a great idea. 

Edit- sigh....i forgot about Ryan Grant. That doesnt really add much.

22 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

Doctson, Crowder.....Harris? I am not sure who else would really play the third spot unless they are looking to get someone cheap off the market. Id rather them spend money on Garcon personally. Making our biggest strength a potential weakness isn't a great idea. 

Edit- sigh....i forgot about Ryan Grant. That doesnt really add much.

I assume maybe they'd draft a guy and also get one in Fa maybe. But even then, it would be clear to me, that they are hoping he becomes the #1 wr next year. This also would seem to displace Crowder a bit, as I believe he is a Pro Bowl slot receiver, and may find life a lot tougher on the outside

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The home sick stuff was just a wild theory from Cooley and as far as I noticed his alone.   Cooley since backed off of it saying he's seen Doctson is friendly and hangs with the younger guys on the roster.  The injury based on what was said seems to be a severe case of tendinitis where usually you don't see structural damage.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/arthritis-tendinitis#1

•  

It's early in the process as to resigning players but if there is anything to this thought below, I'd presume they are optimistic about Doctson.  Doctson and Garcon aren't the same type of player but he's not a mile off.   For his size Doctson has good speed and at times take the top off the defense, can be a great possession type, red zone target.

Multiple sources say this week WR Pierre Garcon, #Redskins still not talking. Chances of losing him AND DeSean Jackson increasing by the day

Watch us pick a WR with the first pick.  Watch us.  My head will asplode.

6 minutes ago, Mooka said:

I warned people that Garcon was not expandable after last year. 

He responded with 79 catches and went over 1000 yards. 

Letting him and DeSean walk will be a mistake, regardless of Josh's situation. 

Relax.

It's only early February. The 2016 season just officially ended Sunday.

All of this will be sorted out in the next couple of months. :) 

7 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Relax.

It's only early February. The 2016 season just officially ended Sunday.

All of this will be sorted out in the next couple of months. :) 

Yeah I agree.  Even though I am the one guilty of adding that tweet about Garcon -- I'd say its rare to have talks before the Superbowl -- FA discussions tend to happen in February as to keeping players in house.    So the fact that they haven't reached out yet to Garcon I don't think means much.  Now if we hear the same towards the end of the month -- different story.

Letting Garçon and Jackson walk is just stupid. If they do it, with the anticipation that a guy who hasn't shown any ability to be counted on to play will take over the top spot, is so Redskins. This has disaster written all over it. 

35 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

I think they want to see how much teams are willing to sign Garcon first.  I would be shocked if he is not back.  I even think DJax returning is 50/50.  Whether  both WR's return or not we need to get some young outside receivers that can replace them asap

Letting other desperate teams set the market for you to re-sign your players is one of the most irresponsible things a franchise can do. 

34 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

I think they want to see how much teams are willing to sign Garcon first.  I would be shocked if he is not back.  I even think DJax returning is 50/50.  Whether  both WR's return or not we need to get some young outside receivers that can replace them asap

Most players are loathe to move around a lot. They might let certain FAs test the market, see what they are being offered, then come back here and see if the Redskins will match it.

We'll find out soon who the Redskins are interested in bringing back.

I don't think losing Garcon and DJax will be as easy as we hope, even if Doctson has a respectable year say ~55 for 800ish numbers.

But countless experts have told us about the benefit of a guy that can take the top off, opening up everything else.  Even if Kirk usually overthrows DJax for another year, the D still has to plan to double that on most every non-Grant play.  Opening up everything underneath, we have been told.

Cap hit aside, we have all seen that Garcon is a beast. Rookies take a while to get to that point, if they ever get there.  I think all teams stand to benefit with one WR who has a RB physicality. We can call a short slant at Mike and not worry. Harris should help.

I wonder if Crowder can take DJax's deep role. Maybe Ross will be back to help there. #FreeAldrick

Archived