Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

There are theories that one of the things that ended feudalism was the Black Death. Those theories are probably mostly wrong, but it's still an interesting discussion.

The best thing that could happen in this world is the White Walkers killing 70 percent of the population, the dragons killing the white walkers before dying themselves, and the everyone reorganizing the system of government where people no longer have to swear loyalty to a stupid House. Either Westeros needs to be broken up into ten different countries or King's Landing needs to actually rule everything directly with a real standing army. (Joffrey was actually smarter than everyone in this regard).

Even if Jon becomes a real Starke or Dany begins the Targaeryan dynasty again, none of this matters, because they'll die someday and their awful children or grandchildren will just get us back to where we are.

There are theories that one of the things that ended feudalism was the Black Death. Those theories are probably mostly wrong, but it's still an interesting discussion.

The best thing that could happen in this world is the White Walkers killing 70 percent of the population, the dragons killing the white walkers before dying themselves, and the everyone reorganizing the system of government where people no longer have to swear loyalty to a stupid House. Either Westeros needs to be broken up into ten different countries or King's Landing needs to actually rule everything directly with a real standing army. (Joffrey was actually smarter than everyone in this regard).

So yah, this world is make believe.

From Game of Thrones Wikia:

"Later, Beric reminisces on the times he has been killed with Thoros and Arya. Arya briefly asks if Thoros can revive a man with no head, clearly referring to her father, but Beric merely compliments Eddard's honourable nature and tells her of the side effect of his resurrection: with each revival, he loses some of his memories and is less himself, a life he would not wish on Eddard"

I wonder what the side effect on Jon Snow will be if any.

velocet

Definitely think there will be a cost to this.

GRRM on Lord of the Rings: 

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5842798/george-rr-martin-talks-to-john-hodgman-about-killing-off-characters

It kind of bugs me that Roose didn't see it coming

You know your son is a power hungry sociopath/psychopath. What in the world did you think would happen? Idiot

You now what's a great idea? Constantly antagonizing the psychopathic son whose shaky position you keep mocking.

Everyone is dumb.

The only person who probably was rightfully shocked by dying was Tywin because his murderer was supposed to be in a prison cell awaiting his own death.

You know what else is a really bad idea? Charging your younger, stronger, crazier younger brother on a shaky rope bridge during a typhoon. That Greyjoy dude could have, like, walked back into his castle and said to his guards, "Go kill the guy standing on the rope bridge."

So yah, this world is make believe.

These are the thoughts I think anytime the Dorne scenes come up.

Anyway, I feel like for the next three years all we are going to be talking about is "Who ends up on the Iron Throne?"

If it's not Hot Pie and/or Ser Pounce, this is my preference.

Guess he paid the iron price.

Tywin and Oleanna jave been the only two people with the right mix of brains and cruelty to rule (and Tyrion, if he were able to be more threatening). It's what made.their scenes so engaging. Ramsey is not an idiot like Joffrey, which makes him an interesting character. His love of cruelty has caused him to make strategic blunders, as Roose pointed out, but je is also a sound military tactician. As I said earlier, I suspect his character was inspired by Cesare Borgia (a basturd whose birth was later legitimized when his father became Pope).

Osha! I always loved that character/actress from the early seasons. Now her and Rickon are brought back, but as prisoners of Ramsay. Lol of course.

Wish Ollie and that other prick got fed to the wolf though.

Maybe it's me, but that episode seemed slow.

The boat scene with Sam seemed like, "we haven't seen Sam yet!" The "waiting for answers" scene with Tyrian and the two others was a waste of Tyrian screen time.

The Dany scene was ok. But somewhat lacking. (And I don't think it was the acting.)

And damn it to Emila Clark's no topless clause.

Thought the best line was at the the end, when Jon says, "my watch is over."

I didn't think Jon would execute Ollie. But glad he did.

Next character to die.... Tommen

Maybe. But I think that removes the Lannisters from the iron throne.

I think the scene of cersei saying I choose violence is because tomen gets whacked. Just my theory who knows

That said if Sansa gets to castle black and just misses Jon snow again I might stop watching

The boat scene with Sam seemed like, "we haven't seen Sam yet!" The "waiting for answers" scene with Tyrian and the two others was a waste of Tyrian screen time.

The Dany scene was ok. But somewhat lacking. (And I don't think it was the acting.)

I think the scene of cersei saying I choose violence is because tomen gets whacked. Just my theory who knows

That said if Sansa gets to castle black and just misses Jon snow again I might stop watching

If she just misses Jon, I have a feeling a roving party can go out and find him.

I think Sansa will run into Jon on his way out with the Wildings. 

Can't believe they made the Umbers the hairier version of the Boltons. Although I understand them being upset the Wildings were allowed pass the Wall, to just throw Rickon to the Wolves like that doesn't make sense to me. If they would've sent a crow to every House in the North saying Rickon Stark was with them, they'd have the numbers to take Winterfell from the Boltons. 

Clearly, Zombie Mountain is going to waste the entire Crows cult solo. 

"When someone asked if you're a God, you say YES!!" That's what I immediately thought of.

It wasn't just you. Only two stories had meaningful advancements. Arya and JS/Castle Black. The scenes with cersei and the lannisters seemed to be laying some groundwork, but it's got to be almost time to wrap that up.  

So the huge guy in the armor protecting Cersei is Sir Gregor aka The Mountain? And what "experiments" did they do on him? Somehow I either forgot all that or I missed it. I remember him being introduced after Cersei's shame walk but that's it.

I was really interested to see more of the Dorne coup. I think the show is falling into the same trap that Walking Dead got into with just too many characters. They've done a good job merging some of them so their stories intertwine(Dany and Tyrion, Sansa and Brienne and soon to be Jon Snow I assume, etc.)but there are still too many.

The Mountain was poisoned by Oberyn in their duel in the Tyrion trial. After The Mountain won Qyburn was tending his wounds. And he told Cersei The Mountain wouldn't survive the poison. But since such a subject would be a waste, he convinced Cersei to let him experiment on him and if the results were good she would benefit. I think there may have been a short scene or two of Qyburn working on him in-between that conversation and when he showed up after the walk of shame, but they pretty much moved onto other storylines while that was happening. 

I think Sansa will run into Jon on his way out with the Wildings.

Can't believe they made the Umbers the hairier version of the Boltons. Although I understand them being upset the Wildings were allowed pass the Wall, to just throw Rickon to the Wolves like that doesn't make sense to me. If they would've sent a crow to every House in the North saying Rickon Stark was with them, they'd have the numbers to take Winterfell from the Boltons.

Maybe not quite as simple as all that. Boltons and Karstarks are 2 of the 3 strongest northern houses (umber being the third) and as far as they know the Boltons are still backed by the crown, with the lannister and Tyrell armies. And Winterfell is a fortress. So yeah you could start a long and bloody war in the North, on the verge off Winter, to reinstall the rightful heir... But it's not a slam dunk win. Avoiding all that in the name of keeping the status quo and forming an alliance instead makes sense to me

Maybe not quite as simple as all that. Boltons and Karstarks are 2 of the 3 strongest northern houses (umber being the third) and as far as they know the Boltons are still backed by the crown. And Winterfell is a fortress. So yeah you could start a long and bloody war in the North, on the verge off Winter, to reinstall the rightful heir... But it's not a slam dunk win. Avoiding all that in the name of keeping the status quo and forming an alliance instead makes sense to me

this is why that doesn't make sense to me. Yes, the Umbers need the Boltons and Karstarks to fight Jon and the Wildlings. They could've done that without selling out Rickon. Ramsay was not aware of where Rickon was, and wasn't even looking for him. To just give him up is to just forfeit potential options in the future. Giving him as a gift to Ramsay also belies some type of beef with the Stark family that hasn't been displayed or even hinted at. Jon isn't even considered a Stark, so his alliance with the Wildlings wouldn't have made them feel any differently about Rickon.

The only possible reason I can see them doing it is they think they're going to lose and they can use Rickon as a bargaining chip. Surrender or we'll flay your half brother.

Archived