Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

Agree, and this frees him up to insert himself into any other story line.  I suspect starting with putting Winterfell back under the Stark flags, then moving north to Kings Landing.  

Speaking of Starks, I join those hoping we're spared Ramsay torturing Rickon to a fare-thee-well. I think the guy playing Ramsay has been great, but I got the point and I'd like to think most of us are good with it being enough.  :lol:

Anyone else concerned that the Many Faced God goes deeper than Arya being an assassin? Who's to say she doesn't become an assassin without sides. And what if the Many Faced God aka the God of Death isn't on the side of humanity but rather the side of the White Walkers? And what if Arya, no longer Arya Stark, is dispatched to assassinate not those we would expect her to target, but rather those we'd expect her to be siding with. I can't think of a more tragic arc than for her to be given Jon as a target.

I just think there's got to be more than "house of assassin training" behind her whole plot line.

Anyone else concerned that the Many Faced God goes deeper than Arya being an assassin? Who's to say she doesn't become an assassin without sides. And what if the Many Faced God aka the God of Death isn't on the side of humanity but rather the side of the White Walkers? And what if Arya, no longer Arya Stark, is dispatched to assassinate not those we would expect her to target, but rather those we'd expect her to be siding with. I can't think of a more tragic arc than for her to be given Jon as a target.

I just think there's got to be more than "house of assassin training" behind her whole plot line.

Your comment made me think, so I looked up the many-faced god:

"The Faceless Men see death as a gift from the Many-Faced God to end human suffering: either to euthanize the sick or bereaved who can no longer stand the suffering of living, or as a "gift" to end the lives of those who are causing suffering to others. "

Waging war causes suffering on others. Maybe she is sent to take out those waging war, like Dany or JS.

There are 2 sides to every war, so assuming Arya becomes a ninja, she'd be free to choose a side.  Given how they went out of their way to make Arya and Jon close at the very beginning of the series (they were the 2 outcasts of the family, and remember Jon gave Arya Needle and told her to "stick'em with the pointy end"; Arya was also unable to part with Needle in order to join the house of assassin training), it makes much more sense for her to take sides with Jon.  

If I was in charge of the nerd marketing division of either network, there'd  be a WD/GOT crossover episode. Plot possibilities would be as numerous as the soiled undergarments the resulting ecstasy would yield.

+1 about the high sparrow story line.

There's no chance Robert or even Joffrey wouldn't have killed them all. It's like the first few seasons, the King (throne) had all the power and called all the shots. Now this stupid high sparrow thing has taken over King's Landing. Not a fan. It actually makes me root for Cersei to take out the high sparrow.

I DON'T WANT TO BE SYMPATHETIC TO CERSEI!

Cersei is the one that empowered the church in the first place. And it's going to come back to bite her in a massive way.

Interesting thought, to kill Jon Arya would be best suited to be herself to get close. 

After you become a faceless man, do you physically lose your own self as well? Like, would Arya have to wear an Arya mask?

+1 about the high sparrow story line.

There's no chance Robert or even Joffrey wouldn't have killed them all. It's like the first few seasons, the King (throne) had all the power and called all the shots. Now this stupid high sparrow thing has taken over King's Landing. Not a fan. It actually makes me root for Cersei to take out the high sparrow.

I DON'T WANT TO BE SYMPATHETIC TO CERSEI!

Well part of the problem is Robert and Joffrey never had to deal with this issue because Cersei empowered the Sparrows by reinstating this old law that was removed for good reason. She did it to get rid of Margeray, not realizing what she was doing to herself.

Yes, Robert and Joffrey would've ordered their army to run in there and slaughter everyone, and their high counsels would've convinced them not to do it. The implications of what they would be doing would be akin to a ruler in our world slaughtering everyone in the Vatican and killing the Pope. You're not going to engender yourself with the populace with that kind of move. A smarter politician like Varys, Tyrion or Tywin would've never been in this position, and if they were would have found a non-violent resolution by now. It's chess, not checkers fellas.

Agree, and this frees him up to insert himself into any other story line. I suspect starting with putting Winterfell back under the Stark flags, then moving north to Kings Landing (hopefully with the help of future Aria, who by that time will be an assassin).

I actually think he will retake Winterfell, but ignore the Lannisters. His motives are driven more by surviving the biggest threat and not revenge.

The true aggressors in another Stark/Lannister conflict will be from Kings Landing, when their chosen House is eliminated and Jon won't bother to bow down to their rule. They may March North to confront him, but they also need to settle the war in the Riverlands, go to war against Dorne for killing Marcella, and who's to say they will still be in control? If Tommen is assassinated then technically rule goes to Margarey and the Tyrells.

I actually think he will retake Winterfell, but ignore the Lannisters. His motives are driven more by surviving the biggest threat and not revenge.

The true aggressors in another Stark/Lannister conflict will be from Kings Landing, when their chosen House is eliminated and Jon won't bother to bow down to their rule. They may March North to confront him, but they also need to settle the war in the Riverlands, go to war against Dorne for killing Marcella, and who's to say they will still be in control? If Tommen is assassinated then technically rule goes to Margarey and the Tyrells.

I haven't read the books, but I am buying into the "Jon Snow is part Targaryen" which gives him a legit claim to the throne.  There were at least 2 big pieces of evidence arguable supporting this just in the last episode:

1.  He got brought back to life by a witch that primarily deals in magic based on king's blood.

2.  Young Ned was about to find his sister (who was shown in the previous episode for no apparent reason) in the castle after killing Arther Dane.  Rhaegar Targaryen put her there after raping her.  Ned Stark ends up at some point with a kid (Jon) that he takes care of his own, but who has unknown origins.  I think you can see where this is going. 

So, being a Targaryen and arguably the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, ultimately, he needs to go to Kings Landing or in that general direction.  

Even if Jon is somehow able to find out his origins (which I'm sure he will at some point), he likely gives 2 effs about the Iron Throne or the Lannisters. He needs to retake the north and likely re-align with the Vayle, eventually Dany and whoever else is available to fight the true threat. Then when that's settled, I doubt there will be an iron throne. This thing is gonna end somehow .. And Dany wants to smash the wheel that the iron throne represents, so we'll see.

I also think Tyrion being with Dany has serious implications for the future assumed meeting of Dany and Jon. Tyrion travelled north to the wall with Jon in season 1 ... And knows him well. Assuming his "background" isn't yet widely known to all, particularly Dany, The Tyroon link could prove important in making an alliance. Dany isn't exactly trusting of people trying to take control of land that is rightfully hers, and I don't think she will know what's awaiting her in Westeros. She may in fact beat the white walkers over there, so she could see Ion as an immediate threat before realizing the true threat that exists.

I'm just word vomiting speculation. #NerdOut

Well part of the problem is Robert and Joffrey never had to deal with this issue because Cersei empowered the Sparrows by reinstating this old law that was removed for good reason. She did it to get rid of Margeray, not realizing what she was doing to herself.

Yes, Robert and Joffrey would've ordered their army to run in there and slaughter everyone, and their high counsels would've convinced them not to do it. The implications of what they would be doing would be akin to a ruler in our world slaughtering everyone in the Vatican and killing the Pope. You're not going to engender yourself with the populace with that kind of move. A smarter politician like Varys, Tyrion or Tywin would've never been in this position, and if they were would have found a non-violent resolution by now. It's chess, not checkers fellas.

Do you have any idea who many Popes and Anti-Popes and Anti-anti-Popes there were in the Church's history?

Popes were deposed all the time. The population typically didn't care except for the fact that it meant another army was coming to sack Rome until everyone in the army died of Malaria.

By the way, aren't the Targareyans kind of awful? Is it a good thing to be related to them?

Not all were awful. The mad King was ... But remember Rhaegar was a good dude supposedly ... As was Maester Aemon up at the Wall. We just hear a lot about the mad King and we saw how much of a **** Dany's brother was.

Also there's something different and special from a lore perspective. The Targaryans had the ability to control and ride dragons. Dany has that trait obviously. The Targaryans were like some super human group that eventually found a way to kill off their dragons and become crappy rulers. Part of losing their dragons and becoming more human likely weighed heavily into their eventual loss of control and overthrow.

I haven't read the books, but I am buying into the "Jon Snow is part Targaryen" which gives him a legit claim to the throne.  There were at least 2 big pieces of evidence arguable supporting this just in the last episode:

So, being a Targaryen and arguably the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, ultimately, he needs to go to Kings Landing or in that general direction.  

The question(s) I have are: Were Lyanna and Rhaegar married?  If not, would that take away Jon's claim?  I think if it is rightfully Jon's, that he'd feel compelled to take it and serve like he's supposed to. 

By the way, aren't the Targareyans kind of awful? Is it a good thing to be related to them?

I'd say the Lannister's are awful, too, yet Tyrion is freaking awesome and is ultimately a good guy.  Jon Snow will be the good Targaryen!  Although I do like Dany and think she is good, too.  Her brother still had one of my favorite deaths on the show with his gold crown.  

The question(s) I have are: Were Lyanna and Rhaegar married?  If not, would that take away Jon's claim?  I think if it is rightfully Jon's, that he'd feel compelled to take it and serve like he's supposed to. 

I'd say the Lannister's are awful, too, yet Tyrion is freaking awesome and is ultimately a good guy.  Jon Snow will be the good Targaryen!  Although I do like Dany and think she is good, too.  Her brother still had one of my favorite deaths on the show with his gold crown.  

No, i thought Lyanna was engaged to Robert, and Rhaegar kidnapped and raped her.  NOT COOL RHAEGAR.  I don't know if it takes away Jon's claim, I think if you are of the bloodline, you have the claim?  I dunno how it works exactly.

And yea, I feel like the Targaryens are a mixed bag.  Dany is pretty good, as was Maester whatever the **** at the Wall.  Rhaegar was supposed  to be a good guy but for the kidnapping and rapiness, so no, he's not a good guy. :)  Dany's brother was a **** of course.

Eh, kidnap and rape doesn't fit the personality. History is written by the victors, in this case Robert. Little finger hinted at it last season in the scene with Sansa in the crypts. Likely they eloped and Lyanna wanted nothing to do with Ribert. And Ned probably knew it, too. Hence his discomfort in season 1 every time Robert kept obsessing with her. And prob sky why Ned truly cared for Jon

I don;t think Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna.... i think he seduced her.  

Petyr Baelish: "The last two riders were Barristan Selmy and Rhaegar Targaryen. When Rhaegar won, everyone cheered for their prince. I remember the girls laughing when he took off his helmet and saw that silver hair. How handsome he was. Until he rode right past his wife Elia Martell, and all the smiles died. I've never seen so many people so quiet. He rode past his wife and he lay a crown of winter roses in Lyanna's lap. Blue with frost. How many tens of thousands had to die because Rhaegar chose your aunt?"

I haven't read the books, but I am buying into the "Jon Snow is part Targaryen" which gives him a legit claim to the throne. There were at least 2 big pieces of evidence arguable supporting this just in the last episode:

1. He got brought back to life by a witch that primarily deals in magic based on king's blood.

2. Young Ned was about to find his sister (who was shown in the previous episode for no apparent reason) in the castle after killing Arther Dane. Rhaegar Targaryen put her there after raping her. Ned Stark ends up at some point with a kid (Jon) that he takes care of his own, but who has unknown origins. I think you can see where this is going.

I agree completely and have been a supporter of this theory for years. The thing is, Jon doesn't know he's the rightful ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. A lot of time may pass before he has control over Winterfell, so maybe Bran finds out who he is through his visions and sends Merra back to Winterfell to inform Jon. I could see Jon thinking the best way to fight the WW is to rule all of Westeros and force them to prepare for the true threat they've ignored for so long. That leads us into two problems:

1) who is going to believe Jon is really Rhaegar's son? Meera can't exactly use the Stark stuck in a tree as her source.

2) We've seen now that Jon being allied with the Wildings has caused more animosity than just from the NW. How is he going to take the Iron Throne when so many Houses will see no gain in siding with him and have a prejudice against his army?

ons thing I've always wondered about is Lyanna's tomb in Winterfell. Every time they go down there they talk about all the other former Lords of Winterfell. Only the rightful Lords that ruled, never their little brothers. Then you have Lyanna's tomb. Not only is she not a Lord of Winterfell but she's also a woman. Ned burying her down there has to be more than just paying respect. Obviously she deserves to be there if Rhaegar actually married her instead of raped her and they conceived Jon. But I think there may be something. Like some kind of proof Ned placed in her tomb. Maybe a Targayen cloak or something personal of Rhaegar's.

Archived