Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

IMO opinion the funniest line so far this year was, of course, Tyrion saying "that's what I do, I drink and I know things."  I cannot wait to work that into a real life conversation at some point.  

haha yes. I bought my wife that t-shirt for mothers day. 

So, I just started watching this show about a week ago, already on to Season 2, episode 3... I used to laugh about this show when people would talk about it but boyyyyy was I wrong.... This show is so bad ass!  I normally keep to Shameless, Ray Donovan, House of Cards, Homeland, etc.... but this is amazing! I wish I could binge it all.

Please tell me it just keeps getting more bad ass!?

So, I just started watching this show about a week ago, already on to Season 2, episode 3... I used to laugh about this show when people would talk about it but boyyyyy was I wrong.... This show is so bad ass! I normally keep to Shameless, Ray Donovan, House of Cards, Homeland, etc.... but this is amazing! I wish I could binge it all.

Please tell me it just keeps getting more bad ass!?

Nice. You have plenty of shocking and awesome twists and turns ahead. Enjoy!

But be cautious. For the web is dark and full of spoilers

Ok, who was Ohoein half hand?

In the first or second season I believe, Jon and another experienced ranger, Qhorin Half Hand, were captured by Wildings. Qhorin ordered Jon to pretend like he betrayed the NW, kill him, and then pretend to be one of them so he can learn what their plans were. 

In the first or second season I believe, Jon and another experienced ranger, Qhorin Half Hand, were captured by Wildings. Qhorin ordered Jon to pretend like he betrayed the NW, kill him, and then pretend to be one of them so he can learn what their plans were. 

Ah, right.  I remember.  Ok, I wouldn't call that executed either.  Killed, sure.  

I guess I define executed as, "You did something wrong.  I'm passing judgement on you.  Now I'm going to swing the sword and lop off your head." (or, in the case of the last episode, swing the sword, cut a rope, and stretch your necks a little bit...)

Niether Qhorin Half Hand or Mance were that.  Jon killed them, sure.

But I guess that's more semantics.  

"When someone asked if you're a God, you say YES!!" That's what I immediately thought of.

It wasn't just you. Only two stories had meaningful advancements. Arya and JS/Castle Black. The scenes with cersei and the lannisters seemed to be laying some groundwork, but it's got to be almost time to wrap that up.  

it seemed like they are setting the King up to go full fundamentalist taliban--- the old man's whispers clearly have hit home with him.

The high sparrow thing needs to end and that plot needs to move forward. Praying they wrap it up next few episodes. Not worthy of 2 full seasons at all. The entire thing smacked of plot filler from the beginning anyway

I'm coming in late, but part of me is glad John Snow didn't stick around anymore after the executions. When homie said "fail again", I was like, are you kidding me? Did you see how many times they stabbed that guy? i'd have to do a lot of soul search to get killed doing something, get brought back to life, then go back to what got me killed in the first place.

The high sparrow thing needs to end and that plot needs to move forward. Praying they wrap it up next few episodes. Not worthy of 2 full seasons at all. The entire thing smacked of plot filler from the beginning anyway

No ****, this is the thing that is killing me.  The high sparrow has been holding 3 very powerful people (Margary, Loras and previously Cersei) IN CHURCH JAIL for freaking ever.  The Lannister's kill people for no reason whatsoever, but here have done NOTHING.  It makes no sense.  At minimum, as soon as Cersei got back she should have gathered the entire army and Kings Guard (including the Mountain), stormed the place, and killed everyone at least once.  This story line is such an outlier for character behavior, it kills each episode. 

+1 about the high sparrow story line.

There's no chance Robert or even Joffrey wouldn't have killed them all.  It's like the first few seasons, the King (throne) had all the power and called all the shots.  Now this stupid high sparrow thing has taken over King's Landing.  Not a fan.  It actually makes me root for Cersei to take out the high sparrow.

I DON'T WANT TO BE SYMPATHETIC TO CERSEI! 

No ****, this is the thing that is killing me. The high sparrow has been holding 3 very powerful people (Margary, Loras and previously Cersei) IN CHURCH JAIL for freaking ever. The Lannister's kill people for no reason whatsoever, but here have done NOTHING. It makes no sense. At minimum, as soon as Cersei got back she should have gathered the entire army and Kings Guard (including the Mountain), stormed the place, and killed everyone at least once. This story line is such an outlier for character behavior, it kills each episode.

They're trying to find something for the Lanisters to do while the Jon Snow and Danyres plots mature. Annoying.

No ****, this is the thing that is killing me.  The high sparrow has been holding 3 very powerful people (Margary, Loras and previously Cersei) IN CHURCH JAIL for freaking ever.  The Lannister's kill people for no reason whatsoever, but here have done NOTHING.  It makes no sense.  At minimum, as soon as Cersei got back she should have gathered the entire army and Kings Guard (including the Mountain), stormed the place, and killed everyone at least once.  This story line is such an outlier for character behavior, it kills each episode. 

There's more to this in the books, as to why they can't just wipe everyone out, but I'm not sure if we're supposed to go over it here.

I'm coming in late, but part of me is glad John Snow didn't stick around anymore after the executions. When homie said "fail again", I was like, are you kidding me? Did you see how many times they stabbed that guy? i'd have to do a lot of soul search to get killed doing something, get brought back to life, then go back to what got me killed in the first place.

My speculation on writer's intent: I took Jon's comment "my watch is over" (or ended, i forget the exact word)  at the end of the scene as likely connected to the pledge (if I remember that right lol)---they are on watch until death takes them. Death took him, so his obligation is actually fulfilled. Continuing this "writer's view" speculation, his death was perhaps necessary in order to free himself of that vow as Jon (being Jon) would have a hard time doing otherwise and his role in defeating the whites wasn't ever to be played out as the KW commander. 

My speculation on writer's intent: I took Jon's comment "my watch is over" (or ended, i forget the exact word)  at the end of the scene as likely connected to the pledge (if I remember that right lol)---they are on watch until death takes them. Death took him, so his obligation is actually fulfilled. Continuing this "writer's view" speculation, his death was perhaps necessary in order to free himself of that vow as Jon (being Jon) would have a hard time doing otherwise and his role in defeating the whites wasn't ever to be played out as the KW commander. 

Agree, and this frees him up to insert himself into any other story line.  I suspect starting with putting Winterfell back under the Stark flags, then moving north to Kings Landing (hopefully with the help of future Aria, who by that time will be an assassin).  

Agree, and this frees him up to insert himself into any other story line.  I suspect starting with putting Winterfell back under the Stark flags, then moving north to Kings Landing.  

Hmmm, I wonder if he would go south or try to hold the north against the WW if they get past the Wall.  (assuming he doesn't die again for good after/while taking back Winterfell)

Archived