Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

Ollie's gotta go. Little **** killed Ygritte too.

He's a character (like WD's Shane) that irl I just elminate sooner than later. As in much sooner.

By "irl" I mean what I say on the internet.

I am a member of the helping profession.

Best fate for Ollie would be white walkers.

Re Tyrian, Tywin right before he was killed "you're no son of mine". We know his mom was a Lannister but I bet it will come out he had a Targaryen father

Best fate for Ollie would be white walkers.

Re Tyrian, Tywin right before he was killed "you're no son of mine". We know his mom was a Lannister but I bet it will come out he had a Targaryen father

It could only be Mad King Aerys, if true. Rhaegar would've been too young. 

As someone who has been critical of this show taking forever to move forward, they did a good job not wasting time with Jon Snow coming back.

I don't know if it's me just getting old(ish) but the scenes with Ramsey and making him the worst person ever don't do anything at all for me. I actually fast forwarded right through him killing his father and the rest of that scene. I have no interest in seeing that go on and on with him. Definitely my least favorite storyline.  

I was fine with all the Ramsey scenes. The one time I got really sick of it was the constant torture of Theon episode after episode. Just got monotonous.

The "I am Lord Bolton" line was masterfully delivered.

And being a dog lover, it's comforting to know his are all well fed.

So why the back story on Hodor? Obviously there is some kind of plot point tbd, they spent quite a bit of time on it. Probably has something to do with Ned's sister

that was back story on Ned Stark's brother (Benjen), and Ned's sister (Lyanna) ....

which guarantees 2 things:

(i think) that Benjen stark is going to re-appear,

(I am sure) that Lyanna's storyline is going to reappear (she is dead, and the circumstances around her death is what caused the big rebellion that led to Robert becoming king)

I don't think Jon is going to do anything to either of them, or anyone who betrayed him for a three reasons:

1)I think Jon will leave the Night's Watch for good, and no longer being Lord Commander, he'll no longer have the authority to execute them. Technically, he's fulfilled his vow to guard the wall until death. Now that he has a second life he really isn't bound to be there anymore. 

2) Thorne, Ollie, and the rest of the NW's betrayal is going to open his eyes to how blind these people are and they need to be prepared. If he can't convince men who've seen the dead rise to stop squabbling with other men, then the realm further south is in deep trouble. He's got more on his mind than petty revenge. 

3) When Sansa arrives and tells him about Ramsay and what's he'd done to her. Jon will go south to retake Winterfell and the wildlings will go with him. This will leave the Night's Watch to die horribly to the White Walkers either at the end of this season or the beginning of the next one. 

don't 2 and 3 kinda contradict each other?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/02/game-thrones-kit-harington-season-6-role

Game of Thrones: Kit Harington on his secretly huge season 6 role

Kit Harington’s Game of Thrones character is not only alive, but he has a major storyline coming up in season 6.

The actor tells EW that keeping his role secret was particularly difficult because he spent more days on set than ever before, and more days than any other Thrones actor this year.

“It’s a massive season for him, it’s the biggest season for him so far, he features very prominently this season,” Harington says in the above video. “I was told that when I was told I was coming back – that the season I was coming back for would be my biggest, and that’s quite a lot to take as well.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/02/game-thrones-kit-harington-lc

Game of Thrones: Kit Harington's secret code name revealed

This is how big of a secret Jon Snow appearing in Game of Thrones season 6 was: Even though star Kit Harington spent more days working on Thrones last year of than any other actor, the name “Jon Snow” didn’t appear anywhere in the scripts. Snow wasn’t mentioned in the scene breakdowns, call sheets, prop or wardrobe materials either.

Instead, showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss gave the character a new name that was always used: “LC,” standing for “Lord Commander.”

The ban even extended to verbal communication. “No one was allowed to say ‘Jon Snow’ on set, ever, everyone had to refer to me as ‘LC,’” Harington confirmed to EW. (The only exception was when the name was said during on-camera dialogue). Even the producers used “LC” among themselves to code their conversation in case outsiders were nearby.

The nickname inspired some ribbing among the cast. While shooting his resurrection scene, Harington had to lay naked on a table while Carice van Houten (Melisandre) washed him repeatedly. So the actress decided to give Harington a new “LC”-based nomenclature (it’s not something we can print, but feel free to guess).

This thread has definitely been more "spoiler content" than ever before. Not sure if it's so widely accepted now (thanks internet comment sections) that it isn't a big deal anymore?

The whole TOJ scene and related stories from the previews next week was the top liked comment on almost every GOT article, HBO post, preview etc. after season 5

don't 2 and 3 kinda contradict each other?

Kinda. But if Jon thinks the best way to defend the realm of men from the white walkers is to retake Winterfell and the North, then they go hand-in-hand. He could force the Northern lords to start preparing for the white walker war by trading for obsidian/dragon glass and getting valerian swords.

Because as it currently stands, the North is going to get wrecked and turned into undead zombies. The Lannisters and Tyrells further south would be doomed.

This thread has definitely been more "spoiler content" than ever before. Not sure if it's so widely accepted now (thanks internet comment sections) that it isn't a big deal anymore?

The whole TOJ scene and related stories from the previews next week was the top liked comment on almost every GOT article, HBO post, preview etc. after season 5

I'm seeing a lot of theories and speculation but I'm not seeing any spoilers. Can you point to what you're talking about?

I'm seeing a lot of theories and speculation but I'm not seeing any spoilers. Can you point to what you're talking about?

Zoony --- that's what I meant haha. Theory discussions --- which had a similar reaction in here as spoilers or speculation in the past and seems to be less concerning now. Probably because the source material is behind us. Not a criticism just an observation from someone that got the BH for a month 2 years ago in the middle of draft season :( lol

JMS is still pissed that I yelled at him back in season 3 for his "Guys....what's coming next is so cool" act. He's been waiting to get his revenge for years. And his moment is here.

Onto the show, it's kind of amazing that the two worst actors in the show (Kit Harrington and What's Her Face) are now probably the two most important characters. I wonder if the show runners realized this back when they cast it and maybe they could have mixed things up. Like switch the actors who play Jon Snow and Robb Starke. That dude was pretty good and had good hair too.

(In fairness, What's Her Face had unbelievable chemistry with Conan back in season 1 and that storyline is what got me into the show in the first place, so all credit there. I do think she's getting worse as an actress though.

I also hope that when Bran is re-introduced to another Starke, he explains why he is now 42 years old. Like 20 years of his life passed inside that tree while time passed normally outside the tree. And then he discovers quantum mechanics and really changes the world in a positive manner).

I'm finding myself weirdly rooting for Ramsay now. The fact that every plot he tries works is kind of a credit to him, isn't it? It goes back to my theory that Tywin Lannister should have been king. Dudes that know what they are doing are in short supply and really should be in charge over dudes that don't know what they are doing.

I do think that HBO is just throwing money away but having Bran show us all this historical stuff instead of running a "Young Ned Starke"  spin-off.

Also, a cartoon where all these characters are babies would be an excuse to print money, right? Who wouldn't love Baby Hodor?

Archived